Vintage & Old-Timer Plans PRE 1960 PLANS ONLY - Page 577 - RC Groups
This thread is privately moderated by orange&white, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 21, 2012, 12:33 AM
notsomodernmodeler

Quad of Racers

One more before I try to get some sleep tonight.

4 racers here from American Aircraft Modeler. I'm afraid thats all the information I have on them. Can someone fill in the blanks.

Again, maybe someone can scale them properly.

Thanks again and enjoy!
to remove ads between posts
Feb 21, 2012, 12:42 AM
The Trophy racers posted by Flyflorio.
I believe these are correctly sized but again not my work.
Feb 21, 2012, 12:47 AM
AMA 667982 KG7NKY

MAN - April 1954 - Pow Wow - Bill Palmer

MAN - April 1954 - Pow Wow - Bill Palmer

Control Line - Plans drawn by Paul Del Gatto
Feb 21, 2012, 12:56 AM
AMA 667982 KG7NKY
Nice work Modelholic.
Feb 21, 2012, 01:57 AM
AMA 667982 KG7NKY

MAN - April 1954 - Ugly Duckling - Ed Yulke

MAN - April 1954 - Ugly Duckling - Ed Yulke
Feb 21, 2012, 03:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyerflorio
Musciano Challenger

Maybe one of our resident plan guru's can scale it to the proper size for us??
Hint. Hint, Nod, Nod!

Thanks, and enjoy!!!
Jim
It looks very good!

I can enlarge it about 254 or 255 %, to get it to right size, but that makes the lines a little thick. I know that some others here have tools that can keep the lines neater...

edit:

here's what I got out of it:
Last edited by perttime; Feb 21, 2012 at 04:08 AM.
Feb 21, 2012, 04:11 AM
Torn 'twixt buildin' and flyin
Does anybody know if anyone did a freeflight version of the Gee Bee R1 (or 2 or 1/2 variant, etc.) back that far?

Nightowl
Feb 21, 2012, 07:08 AM
More 3-views at
http://plans.aerofred.com/cat54.htm

Roger
Feb 21, 2012, 11:10 AM
aeromeddeler.

Thanks for the Fokker links, ill check them out

Glen
Feb 21, 2012, 12:43 PM

Revenge

A large contest glider from the Februsry 1951 Aeromodeller. The designer, Roy Yeabsley, was a consistant winner during the late 40's and early 50's and created a host of famous designs of the era.

The CAD drawing may contain inaccuracies, please be careful when using it.
Last edited by hogal; Feb 21, 2012 at 12:47 PM. Reason: Added print file
Feb 21, 2012, 03:34 PM
I like real wooden aeroplanes!
I wouldn't describe the Revenge as particularly "large", it is a Nordic A/2 class glider, and a beautiful looking model. Yeabsley did design some large (10 foot span) open class gliders, the wings of these were very similar in shape and layout to the Revenge, just twice as big! The fuselages were quite different though, the first one was called the Sunspot and the second, rather more sophisticated one was the Super Sunbug. As well as having seen the originals of these models perform first time around I have also subsequently seen all three of them built for rudder/elevator radio control and they are all very impressive towline/high start performers, well worth considering if you are looking for a vintage glider. The big ones can use whatever gear you like, for the Revenge, if lightweight servos and receiver are used, and the battery pack positioned right forward to replace the nose ballast, it is possible to build a radio version to the same weight as the free-flight original, which had to weigh over 14.1/2 ounces to meet the A/2 specification.
Feb 21, 2012, 04:37 PM
BYOP - Build Your Own Planes

PeregrinE Micro for sale

Hey guys, here's the thread for the PeregrinE Micro. I don't want to clutter this fabulous thread with talk on my kits.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1599442

WMD, on the MercurE, I'll be posting up more pictures on its own thread when I start it. The current mount is for testing, to allow me to change the wing incidence.

The Tom-E-Boy should be released on Sunday or Monday.
The MercurE needs another build and is dependent on test flying in this beautiful WI weather. ;-) It should be 2 to 4 weeks on the MercurE.
Feb 21, 2012, 06:19 PM
I remember the Sunspot cruising around Langley for some 53 minutes - were you there too, George?
Feb 21, 2012, 07:26 PM
Does anyone have the Frank Heeb "Wren" plan? I'm reliably informed that the version O'Reilly sells has been modified. I want the original design.
Feb 21, 2012, 08:11 PM

GeeBee R-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNightowl
Does anybody know if anyone did a freeflight version of the Gee Bee R1 (or 2 or 1/2 variant, etc.) back that far?

Nightowl
Cleveland Models did, but the plan is still under copyright. You can find it here:

http://www.clevelandairline.com/CM/CATALOG.shtml Select "Primary Product Line," then Granville Brothers under "manufacturer."

Pete G.