This thread is privately moderated by orange&white, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 27, 2012, 01:07 AM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmettoflyer
Is anyone having trouble with the Georgia Cracker pdf? My download seems to be a blank white sheet.

Thanks,
Just tried again, worked fine for me.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 27, 2012, 03:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windependence
I agree that this is a very good idea. Might I propose the following: Post the boat plans in the boat forum and then post a link to that page here in this forum. Now before anyone gets their hackles all up let me explain my reasoning here. To me, it seems to makes sense to post the actual file in the boat plan forum where people are most likely to find it when searching for it. Personally I would not look in the motorcycle section for airplane information and I would think it logical that people searching for boat plans are not looking here, regardless of the title. Let's face it, the search feature here is a little underwhelming when it come to really finding specific items. Hang in there with me before you start composing any flaming replys. The beauty of my suggestion is that it will drive people over to the boat thread. By not posting the actual document here people need to go over and look in the boat forum to see the file. People here can still be aware of the boat plans, you get the benefit of the big audience, but people searching for these beautiful plans will be more likely to actually find them. It also removes the argument from this thread about the files being posted here. Sounds like a win win to me.

Humbly suggested,

Wayne
Yes thats a good idea... can I refine it by sugesting that a small pic of each boat is shown here... with the link..
Jan 27, 2012, 04:20 AM
WMD
WMD
Womble of Model Depiction

Trimmer Amphibian

Scale CL twin amphibian, 42in span, from Paul Palanek, Air Trails 1954.
Last edited by WMD; Jan 27, 2012 at 04:26 AM.
Jan 27, 2012, 05:59 AM
Just finished the clean up on the C/L Yoicks Biplane Stunt model from 1949.
I think it's come up okay.
Went to the printers today and had the plans printed of the cleaned up versions I did of the Spitfire, Colonial Skimmer and the B.E.2c
Have to say I'm very pleased with the results and the clean up would seem to be well worth the effort.
Hope you like the Yoicks.
Cheers John
Jan 27, 2012, 08:16 AM
You need to split that plan WMD - wings in this thread and fusegulge over in boats thread.

Regards Ian.
Jan 27, 2012, 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Agassiz
@ Neons #8172

'Ere ye are- lines draught of Emma:

http://www.windjam.com/emmacberry/im...1930-90%25.jpg

You have the sail plan. Dollars to peanuts that her rigging is the "plain jane" version that all the Bankers used.

Sam
Hi Sam,
The hull plan you posted has some plan sheet cutoff on the bow hull lines. Is this all you have on the plan. It looks like the scan did not get the complete layout of the plan. Can you have a look at the right lower corner lines and you will see only the midship aft lines. I have a fellow looking for them in Vintage Boats. Thanks.
**Neons** Bob
Jan 27, 2012, 10:50 AM

Box Fly Series

Hello

I scanned once the Plans of the box Fly20 W Biplane
I found many Plans here already therefore I offer the plan here.

Greetings from Bernd

Excuse me wrong file changed
Bernd
Last edited by bernd_57; Jan 28, 2012 at 01:48 AM.
Jan 27, 2012, 11:09 AM
raglafart,

Any idea why the "backward" airfoil on Yoicks CL design?

I seem to recall an incident where a noted FF modeler simply mounted the wing on his 1/2A Ramrod and reportedly flew it successfully (?).
Jan 27, 2012, 11:28 AM
WMD
WMD
Womble of Model Depiction
@packardpursuit : It's a laminar flow airfoil, it seems. There's a line about it in the original article text Algy2 posted back here - https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=5486

@bernd_57 : Thanks, that's a great scan, but should there be 2 different parts?

@Circlip : Funny. So funny. You could be on the stage
Jan 27, 2012, 11:38 AM
Wingman,
Thanks for the beautiful Trimmer Amphibian. It is a keeper.
**Neons** Bob
Jan 27, 2012, 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernd_57
Hello

I scanned once the Plans of the box Fly20 W Biplane
I found many Plans here already therefore I offer the plan here.

Greetings from Bernd
Thank you very Bernd for your assistance in the plans of the pilot.
You got a gun but a error and has staged two pdf the same photo.
Normally the second had to have the photo of the pieces of wood model.
You can send them if you got again please.

Elijah Greece.
Jan 27, 2012, 12:26 PM
I have the full size plans for the Trimmer Amphibian (2 pages) next time i get by the copy shop I'll get it scanned to a a PDF. file and post it. problem is it may be a week or two before i can get there.

Ratracer
Jan 27, 2012, 12:32 PM
Even a plan by the number Q.B of pilot models.
Is the Q.B.10H
I apologize in advance because it is not as good as the prototype scanning but unfortunately I had no other.
Maybe later find another better and change it.

Elijah Greece.
Jan 27, 2012, 03:12 PM
Recycled Modeller
Quote:
Originally Posted by raglafart
Just finished the clean up on the C/L Yoicks Biplane Stunt model from 1949.
I think it's come up okay.
Went to the printers today and had the plans printed of the cleaned up versions I did of the Spitfire, Colonial Skimmer and the B.E.2c
Have to say I'm very pleased with the results and the clean up would seem to be well worth the effort.
Hope you like the Yoicks.
Cheers John
This model has a VERY strange aerofoil section, almost looks as if the wings are on back to front!

(Edit: just noticed the comments above, after I'd posted this!)
Jan 27, 2012, 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilf
This model has a VERY strange aerofoil section, almost looks as if the wings are on back to front!

(Edit: just noticed the comments above, after I'd posted this!)
It was probably inspired by the P51's that also used a laminar flow section. It is a 1949 design.
I guess for most of us it goes against all instincts to cut bits of balsa into shapes like that
I don't know that the P51 had any major slow speed handling problems?
I know these sections come into their own at much higher reynolds numbers than typically seen in our applications, but I believe like the Bee's the model flies quite well being ignorant of the laws of aerodynamics
You can see a bit of info on the P51 and a cross section of the airfoil used on the wings here, the tip section is very similar to that used on the Yoicks

http://www.dept.aoe.vt.edu/~mason/Ma...51DMustang.pdf

Quick Reply