This thread is privately moderated by orange&white, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 30, 2011, 10:39 AM
If you have Control Line plans, you can always put them in the "Control Line Plans" thread, whether they are new or old:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1288656

I have also started a "Control Line Team Racer plans and pictures" thread but there's not much new there yet.

... and the designs meant for Free Flight (no R/C or C/L) can go to https://www.rcgroups.com/free-flight-64/
to remove ads between posts
Oct 30, 2011, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trying
Could we get more of the Vintage Russisn plans, Please. If anyone has any.
OK,

the last for a while. I have tons but it takes a lot of time so be patient There is more than CL models, but in time.
Last edited by Luke S; Oct 30, 2011 at 11:21 AM.
Oct 30, 2011, 11:20 AM

Shkolnik CL sport, UMK magazine, march 1962

Shkolnik has a strange horizontal plank fuselage with a curved cardboard top deck. LG is 1.5 dural, ribs are 1mm ply, elevator is 2mm ply and there appears to be no balsa. My guess is that they had access to light plywood, the tailfin is also 2mm ply. I do not know what the fuselage plank is made of.

Beside the fuselage topdeck is the word KAPTOH (carton) which leads me to believe it is cardboard, not uncommon on soviet models.

Balsa was in very short supply in the USSR and was certainly not wasted on sport fliers.

There is a box to the right showing two fuselages,. the wording below the number 13 is "variant-fuselage" and obviously this shows two alternative fuses with unknow material, not balsa BTW. The plan also appears to show a combined handle/line reel.

Finally, the title at the top of the plan reads "Kordovaya Model Samoleta "Shkolnik" = cord control model aircraft "Shkolnik". I am not conversant in Russian, so take most of what I present with a grain of salt.

This is from the magazine UMK, or junior model constructor, a precursor to Modelist Konstruktor.
Phew.
Last edited by Luke S; Oct 30, 2011 at 12:28 PM.
Oct 30, 2011, 11:48 AM

Trenirovotsny Kordovy planer

Trenirovotsny Kordovy planer is training cord controlled glider, or CL glider.

Planer = glider.

The word karton and kartonaya appears heavily so my guess (again) is that it's mostly a stiff, thin card with a 3mm ply core in the nose, evident on the two part plan.

Basically this is a whip control model. The sticks will almost certainly be spruce or pine, common even today on Russian models.

If anyone can decipher the cyrllic then your assistance would be appreciated!
Oct 30, 2011, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by perttime
I have also started a "Control Line Team Racer plans and pictures" thread but there's not much new there yet.
Perttime, when I finally get to the more modern Soviet team racers I will post them to your thread.
Oct 30, 2011, 12:01 PM
Re the bamboo question.

Some time ago I bought a window blind in a sale made of thin wooden dowels I guess around 2 to 2 1/2 mm. I don't know if they are bamboo but they bend round curves easily.
Oct 30, 2011, 02:41 PM
My dear Luke. Thanks a lot by the generosity in sharing these very nice plans matey.
This is the true modeller spirit
Carlo
Oct 30, 2011, 07:36 PM
Thanks Carlo, you sunny Brazilian!

To be honest the most consistent, persistant and solid poster of plans and articles is Algy2, not to detract from other good psters here.

Even when battles and debates are raging around him he just keeps calmly posting. Thank you Algy2! Your posts (and Aeromeddlers for that matter) have replaced a pile of things I have lost over the years.

BTW, anyone wanting to build any of the Russian CL models I have posted should replace most of the wood with balsa, it will work. I can't see them flying well with the abundance of ply and pine.
Oct 30, 2011, 09:41 PM

Speed Model Engine Pans

I have taken a shine to all of the speed models posted. A new club member wants to race also. He wants Half A but that's were it starts. I also want to indulge new members to keep them coming. Stunt and Combat are the anchor events but with Musciano and Carrier events to mention a couple more there is no shortage of fun to be had flying Control Line. Enough to have me heading for the Control Line Field rather than the RC Club.

Does anyone have out of date magazine resourses on building the "Speed Pans" I believe they are called. There was a time when they were aluminum. I think that a suitable pan can be carved from certain hardwoods. Such articles would really help me out. A lot of the articles for Aeromodeller have been great for building Wakefield and other models but I love the big endurance types as much as Peanut scale.

I believe there will be a resurgence in popularity of these models. Like wide lapels and large eyeglasses. These models are art and timeless.

Cheers.
Oct 30, 2011, 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bee banger
I have taken a shine to all of the speed models posted. A new club member wants to race also. He wants Half A but that's were it starts. I also want to indulge new members to keep them coming. Stunt and Combat are the anchor events but with Musciano and Carrier events to mention a couple more there is no shortage of fun to be had flying Control Line. Enough to have me heading for the Control Line Field rather than the RC Club.

Does anyone have out of date magazine resourses on building the "Speed Pans" I believe they are called. There was a time when they were aluminum. I think that a suitable pan can be carved from certain hardwoods. Such articles would really help me out. A lot of the articles for Aeromodeller have been great for building Wakefield and other models but I love the big endurance types as much as Peanut scale.

I believe there will be a resurgence in popularity of these models. Like wide lapels and large eyeglasses. These models are art and timeless.

Cheers.
If you mean the 1/2A Vintage team racers posted, then they aren't constructed using "speed pans".

Also they are the 1.5cc engine size 1/2 A not the smaller American type.

If you're interested I can post some pictures.

Ray
Oct 30, 2011, 10:59 PM

More Boats

Found these on my external drive but just where I originally got them I don't know - somewhere off the web. The Kingfisher is from American Modeler and the Antares must have originally been from an Italian magazine.
Oct 30, 2011, 11:55 PM

Belly Pans

Quote:
Originally Posted by locktite401
If you mean the 1/2A Vintage team racers posted, then they aren't constructed using "speed pans".

Also they are the 1.5cc engine size 1/2 A not the smaller American type.

If you're interested I can post some pictures.

Ray
Thanks for your interest. The recent Half A plans have a technique of fuselage construction that allows one to build many of them using similar methods that need not be repeated in every plan and do not require the "Pan" as they have a single stearmlined wheel and many other differences from the dolly launch type. The "Gook" Racer posted recently, very cool, uses aluminum sheet for a good part of the bottom. I am looking for the techniques of building lower fuse halves for Half A through C Class. Dolly launch types. I could have mentioned this but I am equally ignorant of all the racers. I have noticed "Carved Fuselage Bottom Halves" in place of the dedicated "cast" pans in some models as small as Half A and up to C Class. I don't know anything about the upper half either except that it doesn't require the strength of the bottom. I don't want to race on the World Class level, Famous last words, but I do adore these older models this thread's contributors post and while there aren't any Dooling .61's in my harem there are some piped Enya CX.11's and .10 Webras. I have some ST.29 engines for B TR but will work my way up to them.

I missed that era when the racing I find so intriguing was popular and these one long metal wing, half prop Velosimus types have little "Want to do it" interest for me. The Half A with the one streamlined 1 3/8 inch wheel is where I wish to start. I wish to figure out the carving of the beam mounted hardwood engine pan and other types that make the cast pan not req'd. Any information would be most appreciated.

Thank you, Bill
Last edited by bee banger; Oct 31, 2011 at 12:01 AM. Reason: spelling, grammer, sentence structure, run on sentences
Oct 31, 2011, 12:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bee banger
Thanks for your interest. The recent Half A plans have a technique of fuselage construction that allows one to build many of them using similar methods that need not be repeated in every plan and do not require the "Pan" as they have a single stearmlined wheel and many other differences from the dolly launch type. The "Gook" Racer posted recently, very cool, uses aluminum sheet for a good part of the bottom. I am looking for the techniques of building lower fuse halves for Half A through C Class. Dolly launch types. I could have mentioned this but I am equally ignorant of all the racers. I have noticed "Carved Fuselage Bottom Halves" in place of the dedicated "cast" pans in some models as small as Half A and up to C Class. I don't know anything about the upper half either except that it doesn't require the strength of the bottom. I don't want to race on the World Class level, Famous last words, but I do adore these older models this thread's contributors post and while there aren't any Dooling .61's in my harem there are some piped Enya CX.11's and .10 Webras. I have some ST.29 engines for B TR but will work my way up to them.

I missed that era when the racing I find so intriguing was popular and these one long metal wing, half prop Velosimus types have little "Want to do it" interest for me. The Half A with the one streamlined 1 3/8 inch wheel is where I wish to start. I wish to figure out the carving of the beam mounted hardwood engine pan and other types that make the cast pan not req'd. Any information would be most appreciated.

Thank you, Bill
Bill, I see!

I also have some of the more modern but still conventional .12 ci (2cc) and .21 powered speed models.

Cast Aluminium pans are still available. I have a Vintage FAI era Ego Rossi "Devil" under construction for a Super Tigre G15.

I'll post some pics of Vintage Team Racers built from the VTRSIG plans posted above and on the Hippocket site.

Ray
Last edited by locktite401; Oct 31, 2011 at 01:13 AM.
Oct 31, 2011, 01:18 AM
Gyford gull model seaplane

Hi,
I discovered that it was available for Aeromodeller Plan Service but i think is too old .
I do no have any contact for this service.
I conatcted http://www.bhplans.com/ but they do not have it.
In book "Model flying boat" does not exist plan for Gyford Gull.
Marek

I wanted to reply to post but i did mistake.
Oct 31, 2011, 03:35 AM
Discussions...

I'd suggest that we try to keep this thread dedicated to collecting plans. Any old plan should go into this thread.

For control line, there's the Control Line Plans thread where things are more slow, so I think there's good room for more discussions. Sometimes I post a reference to plans in this thread, there too. Also, for Team Racing related stuff, please feel free to post in the Control Line Team Racer plans and pictures thread. I don't mind if a post or two on Speed ends up there too

Quick Reply