This thread is privately moderated by orange&white, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 03, 2010, 06:12 PM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Tom Dixon lists the Tom Tom plans for $10:
http://tomdixon.tripod.com/plans2.htm

Pat MacKenzie
to remove ads between posts
Oct 03, 2010, 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmackenzie
I don't "have to have" anything

I saw a mention of it in another thread, and think I remember building one, so I thought I would ask here. Google did not turn up much
http://www.oldmodelkits.com/index.php?detail=12862
http://www.guillow.com/GuillowDetail...=28&FamilyId=1

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Pat MacKenzie
Well, here you go. It's a zipped file of 7 scans in bitmap type. I tried to convert a large single sheet version to a Pdf file, but I couldn't make it work correctly, so I did this instead. Once you've downloaded the file, please open it and make sure the files didn't get corrupted. I've had that happen at times with my zipping utility.
These are a mix of old and new scans. I haven't built from this combination, so check the lines with a ruler before you start gluing wood.

Bargle

ETA: I've removed the file due to possible copyright issues since the design is still being produced by Guillow's as the Flyboy.
Last edited by Bargle; Oct 23, 2010 at 01:45 PM. Reason: Legal Fogginess
Oct 03, 2010, 07:05 PM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
All the files opened fine. I might try to convert them to a CAD drawing.
Do you have some basic dimensions, like span (flat), root chord and overall length?

Thanks,

Pat
Oct 04, 2010, 02:56 AM
Pat and Bargle,
I was able to put the Cloud Buster file together. The wheel scaled at 7/8" which is what is called out on the drawing. This would make the span at roughly 21-3/16". Here is a Full size PDF file based on the wheel size.
Gene
Oct 04, 2010, 07:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rchopper56
Pat and Bargle,
I was able to put the Cloud Buster file together. The wheel scaled at 7/8" which is what is called out on the drawing. This would make the span at roughly 21-3/16". Here is a Full size PDF file based on the wheel size.
Gene
Wow! Thanks, Gene.
For the record, the plan gives the wingspan as 21 & 3/8". 21 & 3/16" is near enough as makes no difference, since everything else should be scaled the same amount.
Oct 04, 2010, 07:36 AM
OK,so what's the speed of dark
Thanks Planeman. it's a great looking plane, but a tad on the small side. I think I can scale it up just a little to give it more wing area and use a Fox 35 instead of the 29 called for. Great looking plane though and thanks. I think I will order the plans for the Tom-Tom along with a couple more that I found on that site, because I sure can't find mine anywhere. Guess it wandered off on one of my moves.

Ed
Oct 04, 2010, 08:02 AM
Just a small note to say this thread has to be one of the best, if not THE best model plane thread going. The cooperation and willingness of modelers to share and help one another, as in the above Cloud Buster example, is just wonderful to observe. Thanks to everyone who has shared their talents and scans with us!

Soft landings,

Joe
Oct 04, 2010, 09:08 AM
Of all the threads of all the forums that I'm a member of, this one is without question the most interesting.

Thanks to all who are a part of it!!
Oct 04, 2010, 11:35 AM
You sabotaged my plane.
I'm not sure if this plan has made it up yet so I'll post it.

Jim
Oct 04, 2010, 05:41 PM
As a dedicated "lurker" I just had to break my silence and say this is the best thread on this site.

WOW!
Old Oct 04, 2010, 06:02 PM
planeman
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Copyright infringement. It is temporarily hidden while planeman edits it.
Oct 04, 2010, 06:30 PM

Gyford Gull

Does anyone have plans for the Gyford Gull which was published in Aero Modeller in the 1943 August issue. The Gyford Gull is a 52 1/2" Rubber Powered Flying Boat, Twin Engine. It was available from Aeromodeller Plans Service.

A small booklet, "Model Flying Boats" by J.A. Sizer, published 1943, has a small discussion of the model but no plans.

Thanks all,
Henry

Quick Reply