This thread is privately moderated by orange&white, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 17, 2011, 04:06 PM
WMD
WMD
Womble of Model Depiction
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick61
Blast your hide! That is a good looking set of plans... As if I couldn't come up with enough projects to build this winter, now I've seen this one. Will it never end. Thanks for the post!!

Mark
I am here for just 2 reasons, to chew gum, and to mess up your build list
to remove ads between posts
Oct 17, 2011, 04:08 PM
Just call me crash for short
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD
I am here for just 2 reasons, to chew gum, and to mess up your build list
And your all out of gum, right?
Oct 17, 2011, 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick61
I'v been looking at the Thermic 72 and 100. I have seen posted that there were 3 different versions of the Thermic 100. There was the original, the Post War, and then the modern wing plan. While I am thinking of starting a 72 in the next week or so I was wondering what the differences were between the 3 versions of the 100. I decided to go with the 72 because of the tail section. the 72 just looks better and more adaptable to 2 ch RC. I do have what I think is the original Thermic 100 plans but can not find any reference to the other 2 or what the differences are. Any of you out there know what those differences might be and where one can find the other 2 plans?

Mark
I dont know if this is what you are looking for.
Cato.
Oct 17, 2011, 11:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappaflyer
Cato.
Forgot to put this one.
Cato.
Oct 17, 2011, 11:11 PM
Just call me crash for short
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappaflyer
Cato.
Sorry, no. Thanks for the go at it though. I have the 72 and am headed to town tomorrow to get it printed out so it is waiting on the wood to show up. I'v been on the lookout for the 50X. I can purchase a copy and the price is right, but the "shipping" charges make me cringe, ($0.05 more than the plans) I'll probably end up buying them sooner or later if I like the 72 as much as I think I will. Looks like it would be about the right size to stick an electric motor on...

Mark

* I'v got the that 100 as well, and was wondering how the other 2 versions differed from that one.
Last edited by Quick61; Oct 17, 2011 at 11:17 PM.
Oct 18, 2011, 02:07 AM

Aeromodeller plan scans

Hi,
We stay in the 1960's for this posting with scans from the SEPTEMBER 1968 AEROMODELLER.

The cover photo, is it real? Is it a model? It is actually a multi award winning flying scale model of the Bristol F2b WW1 fighter by Bill Forrester. It is exact scale, rib for rib with every single piece of structure and accessory.

Sorry the plan was not to be found inside but something as equally stunning was.
Veteran Modeller H.TOWNERS control line scale D.H.89a DRAGON RAPIDE.

This is the first TOWNER PLAN I have been able to post and you can see how well detailed they are.

I cut one of the photo captions to keep the file size down but in it the Editor says “Who will be first with the R/C or Free Flight version?“. So I guess you could build it in all three forms. It certainly looks like a free flight plan to me.

A design by GEORGE PERRYMAN for an interesting A./2 glider was the second plan. It is to one twelth scale so could be built from.

Next to the free centre page full size plan of the month by the ever inventive Ray Malmstrom. This time it is a 22 inch control line stunter for the beginner called SWEETHEAP.

Many thanks to both ROGERc and LUK S for reassembling the bits of the free fold out plan I posted from the FEBRURAY 1968 AEROMODELLER for the HUMBUG.

So here is the other side of that 1968 free fold out plan. It features three great classic Chuck Glider designs originally published in the United States. DRIFTER, SUZY Q V11 and STOMPETTE. Once again the plan will have to be joined up.

Finally, as always, to AIRCRAFT DESCRIBED by GEORGE COX who reveals the innermost workings of the CURTISS SBC-4 for all to see.

Cheers
Oct 18, 2011, 02:50 AM
Sorry - here is Humbug again with a small correction to the wing rib spacing - Thanks, Luke
Oct 18, 2011, 03:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph B
Here is a scanned copy of the Plecan Falcon plan and article from the September 1940 Model Airplane News.

Ralph B
Thankyou very much Ralph for taking the time to dig out the magazine and scan the article.

Chris
Oct 18, 2011, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerc41
here is Humbug again with a small correction
Well done Roger. Yours has the full tail.
Oct 18, 2011, 11:41 AM
olympic II?
Oct 18, 2011, 01:12 PM
WMD
WMD
Womble of Model Depiction
Algy, thanks for the Dragon Rapide, that is a fantastic plan. Just beautiful.
Oct 18, 2011, 01:20 PM
AMA 8711, FCC K4WZA

Olympic II

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikempp
olympic II?
Lee Renaud's Olympic II was in June 1976 Radio Control Modeler, starting on page 40. RCM still offers the plan here.

There's a June '76 issue on fleabay now, if you wanted to peruse the design. The plan crosses pages at the binding, so the magazine would have to be disassembled to scan completely.

-Dave
Oct 18, 2011, 01:51 PM
Anyone have the Sterling Citabria?
Oct 18, 2011, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tri-pacer
Here's a little something different: A Bob Palmer Thunderbird. The pictures and plan were sent to me by a gentelman who converted it to R/C. He told me that if he had to do it over, he'd lengthen the tail moment about 2". Other than that, he said it flys pretty nice.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...3&d=1279806471
Tried to open it, but the pdf reader crashes every time.
Anyone got the correct file?

Quick Reply