This thread is privately moderated by orange&white, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 14, 2011, 05:50 PM
WMD
WMD
Womble of Model Depiction
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAV8R
"Is it possible to cite a specific down site for ScaleandTile3?"

Henry, this too is FREE down load.
John

Adobe® Acrobat® X software

Adobe Reader X (10.1.1) (64.69 MB)
Includes Adobe® AIR®

You can print a large format document, such as a poster or banner, by splitting the page across multiple sheets of paper (called "tiling"). The tiling option calculates how many sheets of paper are needed. You can adjust the size of the original to best fit the paper and specify how much each "tile" overlaps. You can then piece together the tiles.
This gets my vote too. Now Adobe give away free software that does tile printing of PDFs (and does it beautifully) I see no reason to look any further. Just my 2c.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 14, 2011, 06:43 PM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddyrabbit1954
Okay - well, I have never had this happen before now. Any idea what may have happened? When I hit "reply" and scroll down to "file attachments", there is no button. Weird.

If you are trying to edit a previous post then you have to select "Go Advanced" when the edit page opens.

If you are getting the simple edit box in new posts then check your options settings in your user profile.

Pat MacKenzie
Oct 14, 2011, 09:07 PM
I have a plan that was posted on this site, for me.
I need to resize it, and tile it so I can print it off to build the plane. But when I try to use "ScaleAndTile3" it tells me something is damaged and can't do it.
I was wondering if someone on here could resize it to 32" (the original size of 36") wing span, convert it to PDF file & tile it for me, so I can print it, and build it.

Thanks, Pat
Oct 14, 2011, 09:20 PM
Pat,
If you have a graphics/plotter/commercial print shop nearby you can probably get a copy for less than 5 bucks and no taping it together. Around here it's a lot cheaper than Kinkos/Office Max/Office Depot.

scrubs
Oct 14, 2011, 10:03 PM
A posse ad esse
Pat

I tried that, but no cigar. I think something may have tripped on the moderator's side, as even the bold text, italics, underline, etc., do not work now and they worked for me on the 11th when I posted my last attachments.

I found a long way around the problem, but it is posting my pictures to an online album, then linking them to my post via a url address. A real hassle.

Regards
Craig

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmackenzie
If you are trying to edit a previous post then you have to select "Go Advanced" when the edit page opens.

If you are getting the simple edit box in new posts then check your options settings in your user profile.

Pat MacKenzie
Oct 14, 2011, 10:59 PM
Reduce the drama...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toysareforkids
I have a plan that was posted on this site, for me.
I need to resize it, and tile it so I can print it off to build the plane. But when I try to use "ScaleAndTile3" it tells me something is damaged and can't do it.
I was wondering if someone on here could resize it to 32" (the original size of 36") wing span, convert it to PDF file & tile it for me, so I can print it, and build it.

Thanks, Pat
Pat
It turned out real fuzzy, but here it is, tiled, 32 inch ws
If you have a clearer, larger file, but can't post it here, PM me and we'll do emails.
Rick
Oct 15, 2011, 01:45 AM

Aeromodeller plan scans

Hi,
this time to the September 1948 AEROMODELLER.

The cover painting shows the ARIEL, one of the plans to found inside.

In fact designed by Squadron leader TIM HERVEY the ARIAL was a very pleasant looking 34½ inch wingspan semi scale mid wing rubber model.

First built during late 1935 and early 1936 it looks an easy and very practical model to make with graceful lines.

To free flight power next with SHRIMP by G.PIKE.

This is a good looking cabin design for .2cc diesels and according to the designer has great spiral stability and can be flown in both left and right hand circles.

The Author even shows his starting jig on the plan.

Back to rubber power for the third plan by D.HUGHES which is a flying scale FOKKER DV11.

At 21 inch wingspan it is a very nice plan indeed which features a gear box to enable a closer to scale prop and a fully functional tail skid.
Full instruction for the making of the gearbox can be found on the plan.

Finally to AIRCRAFT DESCRIBED by EDDIE RIDING and quite a rare one the AIRSPEED AMBASSADOR.

Cheers

Algie
Last edited by algy2; Oct 15, 2011 at 08:15 PM.
Oct 15, 2011, 03:33 AM
Vertically Challenged...
Good stuff algy2 - much appreciated!

Look at the wing section on that DVII!
Oct 15, 2011, 04:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeromeddeler
You could always ask. I am sure algy would have sent you a higher res scan and as it happens it is one of the Aeromodellers I have with the plan scanned in at 1200dpi, then full sized at 300dpi so despite hatched background text is pretty clear. just not posted it as algy is posting Aeromodellers so thought I would post some of the Model Aircraft plans.

ps I have posted Mini Madcap, Pulstar, Majorette, Pretty Baby and Flipper 27 on the Hippocket site. These are all Vic Smeed designs and I expect others have posted some of his designs as wall
Sense your volunteering, why don't you send me the 1200 dpi file so that I can update my cleaner cad file?

Gene Rock
Last edited by rchopper56; Oct 18, 2011 at 03:47 PM.
Oct 15, 2011, 07:10 AM
Hi Cody,
glad you are enjoying them. Some of these old models have great charm.
Yes I noticed that amazing airfoil section on the Fokker DV11.

I am no expert on airfoil sections but suggest it is for maximum lift at slow speed.

But if I built it I would not change a thing. Many people cannot stop themselves doing that but it would not be the same model if you did. Who cares if it is the wrong section it will look great.

Cheers

Algy
Oct 15, 2011, 08:47 AM
I like real wooden aeroplanes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by algy2
Hi Cody,
glad you are enjoying them. Some of these old models have great charm.
Yes I noticed that amazing airfoil section on the Fokker DV11.

I am no expert on airfoil sections but suggest it is for maximum lift at slow speed.

But if I built it I would not change a thing. Many people cannot stop themselves doing that but it would not be the same model if you did. Who cares if it is the wrong section it will look great.

Cheers

Algy
This particular Fokker DVII was one of the early published designs of the late Dave Hughes, who went on to be Assistant Editor of "Model Aircraft" until it's close in December 1965, then co-founder and co-editor (with Norman Butcher) of "Radio Modeller". I knew Dave well, writing the Thermal Soaring column in RM for him for a good number of years, then continuing under the new owners when he and Norman sold the mag until it's ultimate demise by amalgamation with RCM&E. During the Radio Modeller years Dave was an avid R/C slope glider flyer, perhaps his best known design was the simple two channel "Soarcerer", a model built by the hundred in the late sixties and early seventies, and responsible for introducing many people to the joys of slope soaring. He was also the original driving force behind the founding of BARCS - the British Association of Radio Control Soarers - and a nicer guy you couldn't wish to know.
Oct 15, 2011, 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rchopper56
Sense your volunteering, why don't you send me the 1200 dpi file so that I can update my cleaner cad file?

Gene Rock
[email protected]
on its way
Oct 15, 2011, 10:06 AM
WMD
WMD
Womble of Model Depiction

Ariel (again)

Here's the Ariel plan that Algy posted earlier, resampled up to full size at 34.5in span, and with the background removed. Quality is now a bit jaggy, as they say, but usable.

Thanks again Algy.
Oct 16, 2011, 01:56 AM

Aeromodeller plan scans

Hi.
This time it is the February 1952 issue of Aeromodeller with the cover photo showing Captain Edwards competing inthe 1952 R.A.F. Championships with a scale free flight S.P.A.D.

Staying with free flight scale for the first plan. A 36in wing span COMPER SWIFT by D.Golding.

The building instructions, which run to several pages, are not given, but you do get valuable trimming advice.

The more you look at the plan the more intriguing it becomes. It can do mild acrobatics thanks to pendulum control on both ailerons and elevators and it has a high wing loading and flying speed. A model not for beginners.

Next was FLIP FLOP by RON WARRING a 36 inch lightweight contest rubber model.

It features standard construction and an eighty to ninety seconds motor run on full turns.

A model that just says “build me”

SUPER SAINT was the third plan offering a winner of the 1951 Class B Davies Cup for control line team racing.

Designed by KEN MARSH it has a very purposeful aggressive look with it’s large nose cowl and bubble canopy. Ken has even given full details on how to make the custom fuel tank.

The final plan offering was KALPIE by J.ROBSON for free flight power. This has already been posted and can be found here:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...65873&page=328

ARICRAFT DESCRIBED by G.A.CULL was the F-86 SABRE.

Cheers

Algy
Last edited by algy2; Oct 27, 2011 at 06:09 PM.
Oct 16, 2011, 02:01 AM
Boy, what a foul-up. After all the up/downloads I've done this year, I decided to fix up my files. I'd separated the older files from the newer files, converted the older ones to PDF, as I uploaded, I moved the files into folders in each category by date (usually), and also downloaded numerous files, which I also put into folders, without categorizing them, accorcing to sort date. Now, to try to get things straightened out, I established a new set of files, carefully moved or copied nearly everything to the new plan file, and erased what was left of the original source.
Problem: When I looked into my whole new reorganized file system, I discovered
A: I no longer had approximately 67 NoCal plans.
B: One Pistachio plan.
C: I had deleted 89 Mooney rubber scale plans.
D: Also deleted approximatley 247 Peanut plans.
E: and also found I may have missed transferring others, including some old time powered FF, some slightly newer CL, and a few other misc. FF files.

OUCH!
On the other hand, I've started rebuilding a somewhat rekitted Ford Trimotor I dumb-thumbed about 5 years ago. A long time friend in the club, actually the father of a couple boyhood friends, borrowed my copies of a two issue article from a 1964 American Modeler dealing with the Tri-Motor as designed and built by S. Calhoun Smith. He scaled up the plans from the article (drafting board, roughly 1988.) and built the model. When he went into the nursing home, he gave me a couple models of his. The Ford was one. Somehow, during this excersize, I found a copy of the original plans from the article, and am now rebuilding it. The outside wasn't particularly damaged, but there is a lot of internal structure that is little bits and pieces. Should have it back together in a couple more weeks. I think the original model used an ST .56 RC, but this friend installed a K&B Sportster .45. He hates to see overpowered scale models. He build a Sig Piper Cub back around 1962, and his younger son is now flying it with the original Max .30. Slow, stately, needs a short shallow dive for a loop or roll, just like the one the father owned.
Oh, the other glitch, I haven't gotten a notice from any of the sites on RCGroups since Oct. 10. That's about 4 pages just on this topic.

Quick Reply