This thread is privately moderated by orange&white, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 12, 2011, 07:41 PM

posted on hippocket

Just to let those interested know have just posted the following plans on the Hippocket site. http://www.hippocketaeronautics.com/hpa_plans/index.php

Three are old timer but came from November 1996 Aeromodeller which is much to late to post here

Half sized Judge Wakefield 20" span half size model of the 1936 wakefield winner

Jays Bird 42" span FAI power from 1956

Mig 29 Fulcrum 13" span for Jetex power

Oberon Recreated 44" span recreation of Jack Holt wakefield design from 1950`s
to remove ads between posts
Oct 12, 2011, 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeromeddeler
Just to let those interested know have just posted the following plans on the Hippocket site. http://www.hippocketaeronautics.com/hpa_plans/index.php

Three are old timer but came from November 1996 Aeromodeller which is much to late to post here

Half sized Judge Wakefield 20" span half size model of the 1936 wakefield winner
Was just on HPA looking for the Judge, which section was it uploaded in?

thanks
scrubs
Oct 12, 2011, 08:44 PM
Edubarca
I agree with you about Signore Milani. I once read his biography and he was born, if I recall, in 1915. I could be mistaken. I do hope he's still around. I also remember that he owned a hotel in London and that he had a tiny workshop where he built all his museum type models.
Oct 12, 2011, 09:12 PM
Aeromeddeler, First of all a copy of the plan needs to be imported onto the CAD model space - I tend to go for a mono bitmap. Most of the tracing can then be completed using straight lines, circles etc which only require a small number of points. Assuming that the original draughtsmen used rules, compass and french curves then that covers the vast majority of the plan. Very rearely then one has to use the 'spline' tool which places a smooth curve between any number of points. In other words let the package do the work - in my case Turbocad v17. My interface device is normally a trackball, but a normal mouse could also be used.
Oct 12, 2011, 10:37 PM
Reduce the drama...
Quote:
Originally Posted by onyango
If anyone knows how to make these pdf files into a large format plans?
Bill Segraves wrote a program "ScaleAndTile3"
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=772013
It works very well.
Last edited by rick.benjamin; Oct 14, 2011 at 12:14 PM. Reason: only one "a" allowed in Bill's name, n no spaces
Oct 13, 2011, 07:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick.benjamin
Bill Segraves wrote a program "Scale and Tile 3"
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=772013
It works very well.
Hi, Rick. Thanks for the plug.

Warm regards,
Bill Segraves

P.S. "ScaleAndTile3" is the official name of the program, i.e., no spaces in the name.
Last edited by segraves; Oct 14, 2011 at 08:13 AM.
Oct 13, 2011, 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrubs
Was just on HPA looking for the Judge, which section was it uploaded in?

thanks
scrubs
You have to wait for the site owner to post them they should be there now. The search function on the site is very good. They would have been posted in the outdoor rubber sport section.
In fact I have posted the 1/2 size Judge Wakefield and the 1/2 size Copeland Wakefield already on this forum.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=3089
Oct 13, 2011, 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogal
Aeromeddeler, First of all a copy of the plan ****let the package do the work - in my case Turbocad v17. My interface device is normally a trackball, but a normal mouse could also be used.
Hogal
thank you very much for your explanation. I do have a couple of CAD programs. Now like WMD I have to decide how much time I can spare to learn and play with CAD.

Thanks roger
Oct 13, 2011, 05:10 PM
Thanks on the 1/2 Wakes, don't know how I missed em here. A friend wants us to all do one for a winter build. Should be well suited to our small field.

scrubs
Oct 14, 2011, 02:06 AM

Aeromodeller plan scans

Hi,
To the September 1953 AEROMODELLER with the cover photo showing two of the greats of aero modelling.

On the far left, standing, is designer VIC SMEED himself explaining details of his PUSHY CAT and next to him, with cap on, is CAPTAIN BOWDEN English pioneer of powered model flying and record holder. Both long time contributors to the magazine through articles and plans.

BLUEBOTTLE was featured first being a control line winner of the Nationals “B” team races.

Designed by CYRIL WEST it has distinctive semi scale lines and first class performance.

Next was a simply made 34 inch beginners Free Flight model the HOT CANARY by W. EDWARDS.

For motors up to .87cc it flies consistently and well in all weathers. Although no D/T is shown it would be easy to fit one.

This was followed with something for those that go around in circles all the time, DOUGHNUT by LES VINALL

It is described as an Annular Wing Novelty which sounds a bit painful but according to Les it really performs with the climb of a pylon model and the glide of a sailplane.

It was powered by an ED 2cc diesel and looks like fun to build and fly.

The maestro himself RAY MALMSTROM made a welcome return in the centre pages with a free full size plan for MiMi.

As with most of Ray’s designs it is slightly quirky being a pert little biplane of only 16 inch wingspan. Apparently it has a very high rate of climb and can quickly disappear.

This was my first attempt at using the “STITCH’ facility on my scanner to give you a one page plan from two different scans. It seems to have worked out.

Finally to AIRCRAFT DESCRIBED by G.CULL who runs his much used tape measure over the Vickers Supermarine SPITFIRE V.

Cheers

Algy
Last edited by algy2; Oct 14, 2011 at 02:12 AM.
Oct 14, 2011, 03:18 AM
I would like to send a thank you to Algy2 for all your great postings and to all who have made this one fantastic thread. Everything is downloaded and treasured,
Oct 14, 2011, 07:08 AM

Hell's Belle by Vic Smeed

Here is a Cad rendition of the Hell's Belle scans that were provided by algy2 on page 402, post #6021. Thank you Algy!
Oct 14, 2011, 08:27 AM

Download Site?

Hi,

Is it possible to cite a specific down site for ScaleandTile3?

Thanks,
Henry

Quote:
Originally Posted by segraves
Hi, Rick. Thanks for the plug.

Warm regards,
Bill Segraves

P.S. "ScaleAndTile3" is the official name of the program, i.e., no spaces in the name.
Oct 14, 2011, 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rchopper56
Here is a Cad rendition of the Hell's Belle scans that were provided by algy2 on page 402, post #6021. Thank you Algy!
Beautiful work as always Gene, Thanks for Sharing!!
Oct 14, 2011, 11:04 AM
Thanks tri-pacer, wish I could say it only took 4 hours. I know that there are errors especially in dethermalizer detail for there is no room for a snuffer tube and the fuse looks too small in diameter to me. That area detail was all a guess and so was quite a bit of the drawing text.

I could not find anyone offering this plan by doing a google search, so, being a Vic Smeed design, I felt it was worth redrawing to preserve.

Quick Reply