This thread is privately moderated by orange&white, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 10, 2011, 11:35 PM
Reduce the drama...
Glad to be of help
to remove ads between posts
Oct 11, 2011, 06:09 AM

Aeromodeller plan scans

Hi,
To AUGUST 1952 for this edition of AEROMODELLER with the cover photo from Malaya showing A. Gregson tuning his Mills 1.3cc diesel while a Mrs W.Symes casts an appreciative eye.

The first article and plan is for a little known single seat light aircraft the AUSTIN WHIPPET.

The 32 inch scale model biplane was designed by M.GARNETT and has ideal proportions for free flight.

Next to fizz power and the SKYROCKET by William Houghton for Jetex 100 or Jetmaster motors.

He certainly got the design right as it turned out to be the best performing model of 1951. It even has Brasso polished leading and trailing edges.

To another contest winner and PUSSYFOOT by DERECK du TOIT from South Africa.

Powered by a E.D. Bee Diesel the 46 inch free flight pylon model took out top honours in itís class at the 1952 South African Nationals.

PRESTO a very attractive C/L Class ďAĒ Team Racer was the third plan offering.

It was designed by H. HALL who christened it PRESTO because it is a musical term meaning to go as fast possible.

AIRCRAFT DESCRIBED IN THIS EDDITION by G.CULL focussed on the HAWKER HUNTER.

Cheers

Algy
Last edited by algy2; Oct 11, 2011 at 06:24 AM.
Oct 11, 2011, 08:31 PM
I hate toask this here, but I haven't had any luck in any other Forums. This thread has the best pack rats on the 'net, so I figure (hope?) it will be forgiven.

I'm looking for a scanned plan of the 2 meter "Klingberg Wing". An acquaintance of mine has a kit, but no plan. Any help would be appreciated.

Pete
Last edited by Dustbin; Oct 11, 2011 at 08:32 PM. Reason: spelling
Oct 11, 2011, 10:59 PM
Power Upward

Information Needed

I am looking for additional information to mid-50's free flight design called the East Wind which was by Hoh Fang-Chiun. I have the Flying models article from April 1959 but need more information like when it might have been flown in compition, etc.

Thanks all,

George
Oct 12, 2011, 01:10 AM
A posse ad esse

Scarlet Tanager

Don't know who uploaded the plans for the Scarlet Tanager, but wanted to thank whomever it was, as I am building this sharp looking fantasy air racer from plans I downloaded here. Started a build thread here:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1518028

Stop by and have a look when you have the time.

Another modeler asked in my build thread if anyone knows of a larger scale Scarlet Tanager plan that was designed for nitro power. Have any of you ever heard of it or seen it on the net? This George Wanner plan is the only one I have ever seen of the aircraft.

Regards
Craig
Oct 12, 2011, 04:27 AM
WMD
WMD
Womble of Model Depiction
Nice choice of plan there. That one was uploaded on page 26 by Wingbeat here - https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=382 - and I believe the plan was scanned originally by Planeman.

In his post, Wingbeat says: AMA has plans for a 48" version.
Oct 12, 2011, 07:16 AM
If anyone knows how to make these pdf files into a large format plans?
Oct 12, 2011, 07:58 AM
Back about 1958-59 I built my very first powered model from the Aeromodeller (I suspect). It was a Jetex 50 powered all sheet SAAB J29. I have a vague recollection that the AM issue had an "Aircraft Described" article about the same fighter. I've never been able to track down the design since. The online index suggests it was actually published about 1954, but I wouldn't have had access to a magazine that old back then.

Can anyone clear this up for me?

Ray
Oct 12, 2011, 08:59 AM
RFJ
RFJ
That would be from the October 1954 issue. See post #6327 for plan.

Ray
Last edited by RFJ; Oct 12, 2011 at 05:48 PM.
Oct 12, 2011, 02:52 PM
If you want to build a Saab Tunnan, then Mike Stewart has a plan on his web site at http://www.ffscale.co.uk/plans3.htm
Oct 12, 2011, 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by onyango
If anyone knows how to make these pdf files into a large format plans?
which PDF file are you refering to. What size do you want to make them ?.
many are uploaded here with the plan full size including all of my scans from the old magazines. Of the regular uploaders both 50+ and algy1 upload scans of the magazine the same size as the page that was scanned. Both upload scans of sufficient resolution to scale up to full size.
Oct 12, 2011, 04:36 PM

Saab j29

Locktite,

CAD tracing of original and put onto a single A4 sheet for you

Al
Oct 12, 2011, 06:10 PM
Model Aircraft December 1961 quite a thin issue for a Christmas number. Just two plans

Ansaldo S.V.A.4. 45" span C/L scale by Cesar Milani

Hadley Page 115 6" span profile scale for jetex by J.D.McHard can of course also be used as catapult glider

There was also a feature on the Ansaldo with a 3 view
Plane of the month was the HP 115 but no 3 view was provided.The designer of this plane obviously spent his youth making paper darts
Oct 12, 2011, 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogal
Locktite,

CAD tracing of original and put onto a single A4 sheet for you

Al
Hogal I am very interested when you say "Tracing" I understand the principle but how do you trace over the plan?? with the mouse?, a graphics tablet? or is there some other method as I know that with a mouse I might as well let a real mouse do it as I am sure it would do a better job.
Roger
Oct 12, 2011, 06:25 PM
Ceasar Milanni... WOW! Haven't heard that gentlman's name in quite some time. IIRC, he did some outstanding WWI themed CL scalers. Any one know what became of him and or his wonderful models?

His models were/are in aclass all their own.

Quick Reply