This thread is privately moderated by orange&white, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 10, 2011, 10:29 AM
WMD
WMD
Womble of Model Depiction
Quote:
Originally Posted by planeman
Now THAT'S got to be a rare plan! Where did you find it?

Planeman
Ah, sadly I don't have it in the flesh, so to speak. It was emailed in to me. I get people emailing me things in every so often, for the Outerzone site. This was one of those submissions. This one came in as a nice high resolution jpg though, lots of detail, so that was nice.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 10, 2011, 12:04 PM
WMD
WMD

Waco YKC-S build article pages

I have decided I really want to build the Waco YKC-S from the plan that 50+ posted here https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=4360 then PD1 cleaned up and posted here https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=4361

Does anyone have the rest of the build article text? There was only 2 pages of it posted. I am missing page 68 (and wherever it goes onwards from there) from June 1970 American Aircraft Modeler.
Oct 10, 2011, 12:52 PM
What issue is the Waco article from?
Never mind...had a brain-fart while reading the post. Will look through my pile of AAM's tonight. If I have it, I'll scan and send...or post.

Thanks again to all who have contributed to this thread.
Oct 10, 2011, 12:55 PM
RFJ
RFJ
The missing pages.

Oops..Couch-pilot, just noticed your post. Sorry to step on your toes

Ray
Last edited by RFJ; Oct 10, 2011 at 01:21 PM.
Oct 10, 2011, 01:06 PM

ideal bleriot on youtube

Quote:
Originally Posted by planeman
Now THAT'S got to be a rare plan! Where did you find it?

Planeman

hi, look at this video Planeman!

I love Ideal planes too, some of their plan were published in several 1920 model aeroplanes books. I have someone of these.

Blériot XI Model (1 min 25 sec)

regards Pit
Oct 10, 2011, 01:47 PM
WMD
WMD
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFJ
The missing pages.

Oops..Couch-pilot, just noticed your post. Sorry to step on your toes

Ray
Ray, thanks, that's fantastic. I officially owe you one.

Steve
Oct 10, 2011, 02:38 PM
AMA 8711, FCC K4WZA

WACO YKC by Peerless

While we're into the YKC, here's the 1934 Peerless kit plan. For electric RC, I'd likely scale it up to 150%, or maybe just to 134% for a 1/12 scale 33.25" span.
-Dave Plumpe
Oct 10, 2011, 03:33 PM
No problem, RFJ. Just looked, and my collection skips 70' - sorry!
Oct 10, 2011, 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick.benjamin
hogal;
Try this route;
File>Print Preview>Page Setup>
"Page Setup: Model Space" "Paper"
Printer Paper Setup>Print Setup (choose printer)>OK
Return to "Page Setup: Model Space"
Uncheck, recheck "keep centered"
"Layout"
increase Row, Column count until drawing is covered (tiling)
Set Margins
Back to "Paper", confirm settings, OK
Return to "Print Preview" choose Print
Rick, Thanks for that - this all works fine and I even get the print preview showing it all nicely laid out on an A0 sheet. However printing it out in Adobe is causing the problem. On the 'Print Preview' dialogue box, enter 'Print Setup' the Printer Name 'Adobe PDF' appears with a 'Properties' click box. The Adobe PDF settings displayed show Default Settings - Standard and Adobe PDF Page Size A0. The area printed is that determined by the Default Settings onto the Page Size. It is changed the Default Settings that is causing me problems. I can change the size using the Edit button - save the changes under a different name but when I come to print everything reverts to the Default setting.

I hope that all makes sense!! I think I need to be able to change those Default Settings and make it permanent.

Al
Oct 10, 2011, 05:46 PM
Well finally reloaded and back in business. Moved on to Windows 7, why do they have to change the appearance of things that were quite satisfactory before. Bit like cars I supose I can mend the old ones but you have to letters after your name to uncover the engine on the new ones and should a wire be broken
Anyway enough moaning on with the postings
Model Aircraft March 1961
Two plans and the plane of the month was the L200A

Brandenburg Sea Monoplane 35" span scale CL

L200A Morava 3View Very attractive twin engined light plane

North Star 52" span Wakefield featuring three types of wing construction rubber power FF
Oct 10, 2011, 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogal
Rick, Thanks for that - this all works fine and I even get the print preview showing it all nicely laid out on an A0 sheet. However printing it out in Adobe is causing the problem. On the 'Print Preview' dialogue box, enter 'Print Setup' the Printer Name 'Adobe PDF' appears with a 'Properties' click box. The Adobe PDF settings displayed show Default Settings - Standard and Adobe PDF Page Size A0. The area printed is that determined by the Default Settings onto the Page Size. It is changed the Default Settings that is causing me problems. I can change the size using the Edit button - save the changes under a different name but when I come to print everything reverts to the Default setting.

I hope that all makes sense!! I think I need to be able to change those Default Settings and make it permanent.

Al
Have you looked at isiplot
http://www.profili2.com/ip_eng/
It will not accept PDF but will loadDXF and most types of raster files. You can rescale them and set the tile size to print out on a multitude of paper sizes.

Its free to download and try and is fully functional except you cannot print. It is shareware but at 10 euros is a bargain.
Oct 10, 2011, 07:09 PM
Reduce the drama...
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogal

Al
Al;
I've been using CutePDF (free) to make PDFs
Adobe has too much "bloat" and has been uninstalled.
I also use TurboCAD "save as" a pdf.
Oct 10, 2011, 07:42 PM

old old old plans

Hi,
Seems to be interest in very old plans so here is another contribution taken from the COMPLETE MODEL AIRCRAFT MANUAL by Edwin Hamilton.

I acquired this gem of a book on EBay a few years ago. Some of these old models are works of art.

So from chapter 28 here is the R.O.W. TWIN STICK PUSHER.

Cheers

Algy
Last edited by algy2; Oct 10, 2011 at 08:09 PM.
Oct 10, 2011, 09:20 PM
Daddy's pad when mama's mad

Guillow 50'' Endurance Flyer

A jumbo Guillow kit from 1938

I would like to see this one redrawn in cad.
Last edited by kenny e; Oct 10, 2011 at 09:54 PM.
Oct 10, 2011, 10:51 PM
Rick,

Lateral thinking is always good. I have never thought to use the 'Save' facility and - lo and behold - the answer to a maidens prayer.

Quick Reply