Vintage & Old-Timer Plans PRE 1960 PLANS ONLY - Page 399 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
This thread is privately moderated by orange&white, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Sep 21, 2011, 02:33 AM
Vertically Challenged...
Good Work 50+AirYears!

Bert
to remove ads between posts
Sep 21, 2011, 09:37 AM
pd1
pd1
50+, your post number 5966 has the Comet Clipper.
It does not open full size.

RCHopper did one on post https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=1245
This one will open full size.
Sep 21, 2011, 01:30 PM
You sabotaged my plane.
Anyone have the Comet plan for the small Fokker DVII Kit number 3104? I have a old unopened box of it but I sure hate to break the seal if I don't have to.

Jim
Sep 21, 2011, 03:18 PM
Looks like RChopper got the same plan I did, but was able to clean it up. Not too long ago, I was checking the index to see if I were duplicating submissions, but found it took up a large chunk of the time I have available.
Funny thing, I've had several CAD packages available to me, a couple provided at work, but when I'd try to learn them, I was percieved as not productively applying my time.
Yet, as a result of a problem we had with a schematic originally drawn in Autocad, which I corrected with an early version of Design Cad 2D, a number of techs in my department got themselves copies, including one person who used TurboCad, and another who was hot for Autocad.
I did have some luck working with ORCAD for Electronics schematics, and it's connection with SPICE circuit simulation software. Haven't had much luck working with other CAD programs except an early version of Logicad.
Then, I had mixed results with something our IT dep't provided us in their infinite wisdom. We were looking for an inexpensive standard sketchpad package for the lab, and some Dork upstairs provided us with something called VISIO. Basically a flowcharting program that was worthless for electronic schematics, and barely useable for simple physical layouts. Drew a lot of cartoon style houses with it.
Sep 21, 2011, 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50+AirYears
I was checking the index to see if I were duplicating submissions, but found it took up a large chunk of the time I have available.
Did you try searching the index that WMD set up at http://www.outerzone.co.uk/vinplandex/ ? That should at least speed up the search for duplicates.
Sep 21, 2011, 04:06 PM
Just went to it today for the first time. I see WMD is really hard at work. He already has the plan sets I uploaded a couple days ago. Fantastic. Even to having links to the pages.
Sep 21, 2011, 04:17 PM
A posse ad esse
Does anyone know of any plan available for dowload for the Airco DH2?
Sep 21, 2011, 04:28 PM
AMA 8711, FCC K4WZA

small Comet Fokker DVII

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliworm
Anyone have the Comet plan for the small Fokker DVII Kit number 3104? I have a old unopened box of it but I sure hate to break the seal if I don't have to.

Jim
Might it be same as this 12" kit #A7? Comet sometimes changed their numbering system.
-Dave Plumpe
Sep 21, 2011, 04:57 PM
I thought I'd uploaded this earlier, but I don't see it in the index. Daddyrabbit, could you modify this DeHavilland DH-1A to a DH-2? I think they were similar, except the DH-1 was a 2 seater, and the DH-2 was a single seater. This one is for .049 FF, but might be scalable and convertible to RC or CL.
Sep 21, 2011, 05:20 PM
A posse ad esse
Quote:
I thought I'd uploaded this earlier, but I don't see it in the index. Daddyrabbit, could you modify this DeHavilland DH-1A to a DH-2? I think they were similar, except the DH-1 was a 2 seater, and the DH-2 was a single seater. This one is for .049 FF, but might be scalable and convertible to RC or CL.
Fantastic! Thank you so much, 50+ Air Years. I really do appreciate it. This WILL get built in the very near future with a construction thread in the scale-electric forum. Will build it as it is and then may try to modify it to a DH2 on the next build.
Sep 21, 2011, 06:13 PM

Curious you should mention AUTOCAD & DESIGNCAD in the same message...!!!

Quote:
Yet, as a result of a problem we had with a schematic originally drawn in Autocad, which I corrected with an early version of Design Cad 2D, a number of techs in my department got themselves copies, including one person who used TurboCad, and another who was hot for Autocad.
Dear 50+AirYears:

The PIPE Here again - it's QUITE "curious" that you mentioned AutoCAD AND DesignCAD in the same message, as I've had verious versions of "DC" from the DOS 2-D release that was around in 1992 (when I got my first home PC) to the much more recent "DC" 3DMax v.17 from four years ago, on my machine TODAY and getting LOTS of use almost every DAY in model aircraft plans drafting...and "right beside it" on my current PC, is a purchased, fully licensed-to-yours-truly copy of AutoCAD 2009 LT, acquired to keep me "in practice" while I TRY to get back to fulltime work - the third anniversary of my "great recession" CAD job layoff just passed by on Tuesday of this week. There's also SolidWorks 2000 on my PC to practice with, thanks to some help from a fellow RCer (as LOTS of the online CAD positions I've checked out are asking for SolidWorks experience of any sort) and since I've actually done one freelancing job in CorelDRAW 12 for a famous FF model aircraft firm here in New England last year, just about the full Corel Graphics Suite 12 is on my PC as well.

I've done up almost all of a full set of plans for the 1938 Flying Aces "Rambler" OTer on my own PC in DesignCAD, and I AM HOPING that SOMEONE can come up with the WING RIBS for the full scale (6 foot wingspan) Comet Clipper Mk.I plans (perhaps as a "printwood sheet"???) that have been in this thread, that would essentially COMPLETE those plans!!!

I'll have to get back to my college courses later this evening, possibly while my 2011 Stanley Cup Champion Boston BRUINS start their first 2011 preseason game against Ottawa this evening - and the game IS on Internet radio this evening to listen to, while I'm doing accumulated depreciation excercises in MS Excel & online, for my Accounting II online class...

Yours Sincerely,

The PIPE....!!
Last edited by The PIPE; Sep 21, 2011 at 06:50 PM.
Sep 21, 2011, 06:31 PM
Pipe, I got involved with DesignCad as an upgrade to their older ModelCad. My son seems to prefer TurboCad. He also used Solidworks, even sold and installed it, when he worked for a Graphics Design and Wrap place a few years ago. My DCad is 3D Max V-12. Kind of funny, another tech had several years working with Autocad 3D package, but after playing with an earlier DCad version I had, switched. He was able to do 3D shading, moving light source, and rotation of a shape in only 20 minutes with the DCad Max 3D. I've also got Wingmaster, Scanpro, Modelcad, and Sketchup 7 on my computer. And a 6 year old disk with TurboCad not yet loaded.
Best to you on your classes. I once had to set in a hotel room outside DC studying for an Intel PLM-51 class while the Cleveland Browns were playing a Monday night game.