This thread is privately moderated by orange&white, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Sep 16, 2011, 02:07 PM
Thank you, Steve, for the Commodore PDF!

Soft landings,

Joe
to remove ads between posts
Sep 16, 2011, 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilf
Well, it looks as if I have finally found a plan that no-one has!
This must be a first for this thread!

Wilf
Sorry I can't help with a Mercury Matador plan, but here's a copy of the Mercury Pictador.

RayF
Sep 17, 2011, 01:23 AM
To Colinnz. I think the SAM rules in New Zealand probably use the American rules as a pattern. Technically, the rules require the plane not having any significant changes outside the character of the original. The RC rules do allow the scaling up or down in size, and minimal modifications to allow radio instalation and controls, but still require the original airfoil and it has to at least resemble the original construction. Also, technically, one cannot use foam as a structural material. At one point, if the plans showed a single wheel landing gear, the builder could not use a 2 wheel gear, but I believe that part was changed a few years ago for safety reasons. Also, there was a controversy some years ago because several people sending in upgraded plans for publication were making major changes in structure including adding turbulator spars to the wing and for RC, even replacing underchambered airfoils with what could be called either semi-symetrical or flat bottom. That said, since a lot of SAM competition is pretty informal, it'd be up to the contest director to make the decision, and I've noted that at the RC contests I've attended, they are usually pretty easy going.
Anyway, let's see how many pages I can upload tonight - or rather this morning.
Just for a change of pace, I put in a 4 page article on flying Tow Line Gliders. Just for what kind of conditioning is needed for that type of flying, I seem to remember maybe 20 or 30 years ago, reading an article claining the British Government was preparing to ban model airplane flying, till someone found a study showing that the TLG flyers were in nearly the overall physical conditioning of long distance runners. After just sport flying them around 50 years ago, I'm tempted to believe it.
Anyway, 1 article, one scale rubber job, 2 control liners,, and 3 rc planes.
Sep 17, 2011, 06:21 AM
WMD
WMD
Womble of Model Depiction
Ok, all done now. The index of this thread, online at VinPlanDex is up to date as of today. That's a total of 3,676 entries.

www.outerzone.co.uk/vinplandex

The keyword search is way cool. Also there's a page that lists all 3676 entries A-Z on 1 page.

Anyone who wants to start doing updates from now onwards, (or indeed do some checking and correcting) feel free to jump in. Time for lunch I think.

Steve.
Sep 17, 2011, 06:51 AM
I like real wooden aeroplanes!
Super job Steve! I've just been playing with it, searching at random for some models that interest me but ones which I was not sure had been on the thread or not, and it found the ones that are there beautifully, a great time saver. Well done!

Scott; how about adding a link to this in the first post, it would pre-empt a lot of the queries and duplications that happen when new people come across the thread?
Sep 17, 2011, 07:42 AM

Aeromodeller plan scans

Hi,
Having a look this time at the May 1951 AEROMODELLER.

The cover photo shows Norman Marcus designer of JADED MAID launching his famous contest winning pylon model.

It was also the first plan and construction article in this issue. This has already been posted and you will find it page 188.

Next was another part of the great “ESPECIALLY FOR BEGINNERS” series that the magazine was then running on a regular basis. It featured the WALTHER A/2 GLIDER by PETE.WYATT. I have scanned the full article and plan as it is marvellous stuff for those just starting out in the hobby.

PETE WYATT was also the designer of the next model PETE’S PLANK. A flying wing that is made up of a……. errrrrrrrrrr um a flying wing. He knew what he was doing as well as it’s a British record holder for powered tailless models.

To class B team racing and a lovely looking racer by PAT WHEELER the LAZY DAISY MK 111. It was the latest development of a model that first appeared in 1950 and features light and simple construction.

To “AIRCRAFT DESCRIBED and this time G.CULL profiles probably one of the most famous racers of all time, the De Havilland 88 COMET. Produced from scratch in just over eight months it went on to set a number of important records of that time.

Cheers

Algy
Sep 17, 2011, 08:04 AM
D'oh.. Dumb Left Thumb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilf
Well, it looks as if I have finally found a plan that no-one has!
This must be a first for this thread!

Wilf
If you really want a Matador plan.... http://www.benbucklevintage.com/inde...products_id=89
Last edited by dekan; Sep 17, 2011 at 08:05 AM. Reason: missing word
Sep 17, 2011, 09:08 AM
Dekan, that's a dead link, unfortunately.
Last edited by Luke S; Sep 17, 2011 at 09:13 AM. Reason: I'm a dill, that's why
Sep 17, 2011, 09:39 AM
The Ben Buckle Matador link works for me OK.
Sep 17, 2011, 12:53 PM
WMD
WMD
Womble of Model Depiction
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancer
Super job Steve! I've just been playing with it, searching at random for some models that interest me but ones which I was not sure had been on the thread or not, and it found the ones that are there beautifully, a great time saver. Well done!

Scott; how about adding a link to this in the first post, it would pre-empt a lot of the queries and duplications that happen when new people come across the thread?
Thanks Sundancer. One more thing I forgot to say: when many users are on at the same time, when it gets too busy, the server will get really really slow. There's not much I can do about this at the moment. Basically, it's a free service - and like they say, you get what you pay for. Don't be surprised if (when) the VinPlanDex site itself disappears for an hour or two every so often. It will resurface again when traffic has calmed down. That seems to be the pattern.
Sep 17, 2011, 05:04 PM
Scott R/C Time Pilot
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD
Thanks Sundancer. One more thing I forgot to say: when many users are on at the same time, when it gets too busy, the server will get really really slow. There's not much I can do about this at the moment. Basically, it's a free service - and like they say, you get what you pay for. Don't be surprised if (when) the VinPlanDex site itself disappears for an hour or two every so often. It will resurface again when traffic has calmed down. That seems to be the pattern.

Vinplandex is on page one Good idea Sundancer.

Scott
Sep 17, 2011, 05:17 PM

Super and Imperial Ringmaster Plans Desired

I am looking for Super Ringmaster Plans and Imperial Ringmaster Plans. If anyone has them I would be obliged. There are commercial sources I am aware of.

There have been a few nice Waco plans posted. There was a Waco C by Floyd Guton that I had never seen. Thought I had seen them all. I really like Waco and Bucker, Pitts. A lot do.

I have a few decals and a couple plans to ad to this when I can locate them. I have decals for Sterlings C series Stearman and Waco SRE. Those have 32 inch spans. Ringmaster decals for the .35 and .19 as well as Goldberg Shoestring, Jr Falcon, Jumpin Bean, Lil Wizard. Testors decal making papers and sealers work great. Inkjets do a great job of mimicking metalic colours and white cannot be printed. That is where the white decal paper comes in sometimes.

Thanks for the grins and Cheers to those who have posted plans and articles.

bee banger
Sep 17, 2011, 06:17 PM
I'll see if I can upload a few more before mess I mean before the wife has supper ready.
Saturian, a futuristic, almost Flash Gordonish 1/2A CL by Roy L Clough.
Snoopies Doghouse, for about a .60 size engine for RC. I believe I read a number of years ago that Charles Schulz and/or his family requested that these be discontinued after something along this line went out of control and caused some serious injury at a show.
A 17.5" span rubber scale Sopwith Snipe from 1945 by Joseph Wherry.
Another Lou Garami all sheet rubber FF design, by Lou Garami, called the Spunky, also of 1945 vintage.
Then, to finish for now, a multi powered Stinson Voyager from a 1859 Flying Models, reduced size plan with article and full size part patterns. For Rubber, CO2, or .020 glow FF. Maybe convertable to micro RC?
See Y'all later.
Sep 17, 2011, 08:28 PM
[QUOTE=50+AirYears;19340713]To Colinnz. I think the SAM rules in New Zealand probably use the American rules as a pattern. Technically, the rules require the plane not having any significant changes outside the character of the original. The RC rules do allow the scaling up or down in size, and minimal modifications to allow radio instalation and controls, but still require the original airfoil and it has to at least resemble the original construction. Also, technically, one cannot use foam as a structural material. At one point, if the plans showed a single wheel landing gear, the builder could not use a 2 wheel gear, but I believe that part was changed a few years ago for safety reasons. Also, there was a controversy some years ago because several people sending in upgraded plans for publication were making major changes in structure including adding turbulator spars to the wing and for RC, even replacing underchambered airfoils with what could be called either semi-symetrical or flat bottom. That said, since a lot of SAM competition is pretty informal, it'd be up to the contest director to make the decision, and I've noted that at the RC contests I've attended, they are usually pretty easy going.

.................................................. ...

Thanks for that, I was not sure how far you could go with the mods.

Colin.
Sep 17, 2011, 08:38 PM
Hi Steve.
The new plan index is great and makes checking things before posting so much easier.

I have put the link up on my "Favourites Bar" next to the "BBC World Service"

Cheers

Algy

Quick Reply