Thread Tools
This thread is privately moderated by orange&white, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 11, 2011, 05:42 PM
Isaiah 40:31
rc capo's Avatar
Anyone have a Pigeon-Fraser?

Just happened to see the Old Rhinebeck version online.

rc
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Aug 11, 2011, 07:08 PM
Registered User

Chambermaid?


How's this?
Aug 11, 2011, 10:48 PM
braljubos
Bee Banger, I'am too ignorant about scaling plans in PDF formats, then I do import the PDF plans to Autocad, redraw the plans in another layer and set the correct scale. Also I adjust the exact draw scale in the plotter and obtain plans with true dimensions. It's an very easy work, a few hours operating with autocad and it's all. Regards
Aug 12, 2011, 03:08 AM
Vinatge models!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dekan
What about for free??
Aug 12, 2011, 04:17 AM
WMD
WMD
Womble of Model Depiction
WMD's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dekan
I have a plan and can supply a scan of the wing rib if anybody wants to build an Apex...you don't need any more.. Tail is just square stock and fins are sheet
Yes please, can you post a scan of the Apex rib on here? No, I'm not planning to build it - I just want the full plan to be available, for people who do build.
Aug 12, 2011, 05:43 AM
Vertically Challenged...
Cody's Neighbour's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD
Yes please, can you post a scan of the Apex rib on here? No, I'm not planning to build it - I just want the full plan to be available, for people who do build.
I am planning to build it - I was just going to 'Clark Y it' but if you can scan the rib I would be grateful. Much better (for me) to use the actual design section.

Bert
Aug 12, 2011, 06:56 AM
Registered User

Aeromodell plan scans


Hi.
Going to 1950 this time and the month of March.

The subject of Rupert Moor's cover illustration was the DEMON KING a control line stunt model..

It was also the first plan and construction article to to found in this issue.
Designed by A.E. Burch it has a 40inch wingspan, flies at between 60 and 70 mph and is eay to control. On 60 foot lines it can perform any manoeuvre in the book.

A great looking rubber contest model was the second plan and build article for readers to drool over.
It was the WITCH 1 designed by G.Woolls. A shoulder wing streamlined slap sider it featured anti warp flying surfaces and flew away on half turns just before a major contest.

The scale free flight HAWKER TYPHOON by the well known multi talented P.E.NORMAN was featured on page 146. This has already been posted on this thread a little while ago.


Designer R.A.Twomey named the next model after one of the "Wee Folk" reputed to help Irish house-wives mend shoes, sharpen knives and generally help about the place.
The LEPPRCHAUN is a 7foot 6inch wingspan low aspect high performance Sailplane.
It has impressive performance figures and would look great on the field.

Cheers

Algy
Aug 12, 2011, 06:02 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by algy2
Hi.
Going to 1950 this time and the month of March.

The subject of Rupert Moor's cover illustration was the DEMON KING a control line stunt model..

It was also the first plan and construction article to to found in this issue.
Designed by A.E. Burch it has a 40inch wingspan, flies at between 60 and 70 mph and is eay to control. On 60 foot lines it can perform any manoeuvre in the book.

A great looking rubber contest model was the second plan and build article for readers to drool over.
It was the WITCH 1 designed by G.Woolls. A shoulder wing streamlined slap sider it featured anti warp flying surfaces and flew away on half turns just before a major contest.

The scale free flight HAWKER TYPHOON by the well known multi talented P.E.NORMAN was featured on page 146. This has already been posted on this thread a little while ago.


Designer R.A.Twomey named the next model after one of the "Wee Folk" reputed to help Irish house-wives mend shoes, sharpen knives and generally help about the place.
The LEPPRCHAUN is a 7foot 6inch wingspan low aspect high performance Sailplane.
It has impressive performance figures and would look great on the field.

Cheers

Algy
Does anyone have copy of the FROG WITCH plan?
Aug 12, 2011, 07:10 PM
Registered User
gossie's Avatar
Applehoney supplied Dave Simons in Sydney a Witch plan a few months back.
Dave has built and flown it. Perhaps you know him?
If you PM me your email addy I'll send it to Dave to contact you.
I'm sure he would be happy to have the plan copied at cost for you...he's a friend and nice guy.
Otherwise Applehoney will pick up on this when he's back from New York flying freefight power models......tooooo much fun. I'm jealous.
Aug 12, 2011, 07:20 PM
Registered User
gossie's Avatar
Just found a pic of Dave's Frog Witch......nice isn't it?
Aug 12, 2011, 08:07 PM
Registered User
bee banger's Avatar

Answers


Quote:
Originally Posted by Edubarca
I'm flying Brisighella's Vespa since 2000. Webra Speed 61 and Futaba 6 channel. Wonderful, aerobatic and very fast!!! See photos of my friend Sandra with the Vespa. By the way, the DeeBee wing is the same as the Vespa.
You Gentleman have the answers. I have been looking for a pattern ship plan for couple weeks now and rather that the Koas or Dirty Birdi again I wanted something, well, just like the Vespa. How could I not have known about it? I'm a knock over for Brisighella's stuff. I checked the AMA plans store for it before replying. Wherever did you find the plans and are there more? I only know of Dario Jr. selling the big gasser plans. I have searched the web sideways for DB Sr's stuff hoping to find some images and builders of the 21% ARE. Never found references to these other designs, the DB stunter and now the Vespa. I didn't have model names to add to DB Sr's though.

Your Vespa is a great looking model. Nicely done. Looks like a solid flyer. I have a couple favorite airfoils. Do you know this one by name. NACA 0015 by chance?

Nice looking plane and my wife has Sandra's smile. If you know where the plans can be had please advise. I have a Gold Cup ABC .60 that's strong and an OS MAX .80 ring with complete new inards that needs a mount.

Cheers, Bill
Aug 12, 2011, 08:23 PM
Registered User
bee banger's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by braljubos
Bee Banger, I'am too ignorant about scaling plans in PDF formats, then I do import the PDF plans to Autocad, redraw the plans in another layer and set the correct scale. Also I adjust the exact draw scale in the plotter and obtain plans with true dimensions. It's an very easy work, a few hours operating with autocad and it's all. Regards
I always draw a 12 inch rule or lager on an accurate plan so that it can be compared to a ruler after printing to check for indescrepencies and have heard that files can come close when printed but need to be tweeked by a few percentage thereafter to get a copy right. You have no corner on honest ignorance. I have 2 real AutoCad versions 14 and 2002and haven't been able to make the time to learn much about either. I wish I could draw in AutoCad. I have an 8 foot wing done on paper. The fuselage although I have the full scale plans is not so easy. As you know, real aircraft have few bulkheads. Maybe a firewall and a headrest. Cheers.
Aug 13, 2011, 03:42 AM
WMD
WMD
Womble of Model Depiction
WMD's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by algy2
The scale free flight HAWKER TYPHOON by the well known multi talented P.E.NORMAN was featured on page 146. This has already been posted on this thread a little while ago.
That Typhoon is one of my favourite plans on here, and I'd really love to see the article that went with it. Sorry to be a pain, but could you possibly scan and post the article? Especially if there are some good pics of the finished model.
Steve
Aug 13, 2011, 08:05 AM
Registered User

Aeromodeller plan scans


Hi.
Control line flying in all forms was becoming very popular in the UK by the 1950s and the 1950 july issue of AEROMODELLER contained two such models.

The first construction article and plan was for the control line scale stunt ERCOUPE by D.DEELY.
Of 39 1/2" wingspan the model went through a series of modifications following the wings folding up at speeds over 50mph before being published.

AIRCRAFT DESCRIBED in this issue also highlighted the ERCOUPE giving much interesting information and valuable scale drawings.

Also featured was a very atractive F.A.I span Rubbber Duration Model from the draftboard of L.W.V Turner the TALISMAN . It was developed from the "OPUS" 1948 model and had a diamond fuselage, built up cabin, twin fins and a folding prop.

Back to control line for the final plan. A Team Racer called by designer R.G.Moulten MAN O WAR. It would take engines from 3.5 to 5cc and
was designed in the days when speed models actually looked like real aircraft.
Sort of.

WMD asked for the build article to go with the late P.E. Norman's FF SCALE TYPHOON.

Have posted it here but it does not contain to many of the building details but you will get some useful hints on trimming.

Apparently Normans F/F scale models were built to last and flew rather fast performing their own aerial acrobatics One modeller who shared the same flying field said that you risked life and limb being near him while he was trimming out a new model.

Cheers

Algy


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Gallery Vintage & Old-Timer Plans built gallery orange&white Vintage & Old-Timer Designs 495 May 28, 2017 04:54 PM
Discussion Best source for Vintage/Old Timer plans? river-studio Vintage & Old-Timer Designs 22 Sep 18, 2016 02:22 PM
For Sale Old timer Sal Taibi plans Biper/Piper Aircraft - Fuel - Airplanes (FS/W) 2 Aug 15, 2011 09:30 AM