Vintage & Old-Timer Plans PRE 1960 PLANS ONLY - Page 360 - RC Groups
This thread is privately moderated by orange&white, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 08, 2011, 01:35 AM
AMA 667982 KG7NKY
Hmmm! Me thinks I owe an apology to the group as I was wondering where to categorize the pistol. Another post cleared that up by putting it in with the electric chair. So, sorry everyone for misleading this thread.

Guy
to remove ads between posts
Aug 08, 2011, 03:17 AM
WMD
WMD
Womble of Model Depiction
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarreraGTSCS
I've used this free download to make plan enlargements. You get 10 free posters or in our case plans. Do a search here on RCG to see how to use it so you don't waste your 10 free uses learning how to use it. I think it used to be called Poster 7. Mike
Thanks Mike, and thanks daddyrabbit1954, but that's not what I meant, sorry. I am fine with printing out tiled plans onto paper, for that I am just using the free Adobe Reader X, that works fine for me and the price is right... What I need, and what I failed to ask properly for, is a way of generating PDF files that cover more than one page. When I stitch together and clean up a plan in Photoshop then go to finally create and save a PDF file from there. That PDF is always one big page (sheet?). Often it is say 42in by 30in, and that's fine. I want to know how to append a 2nd sheet (page?) that might have say the original article text and pics on it. That 2nd page might be just say 10" x 8" and low res.
Steve

Edit: Have just found a (free, open source) app on Sourceforge called PDFsam (PDF Split and Merge) that looks like it will do it for me. Will let you know how it works out.

Edit: Yeah, that seems to work fine. For anyone else who might be wanting this function, PDFsam seems good. You need Java installed, then it just works fine - and lightning fast. Here's an example: the CL Curtiss Sparrowhawk that 50+ posted a while back here - https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=5359 - now cleaned up and in one nice PDF file with the plan scaled up full size on page 1, then the text article on page 2, smaller. To my mind that tidies things up - then later when you come to print a tiled plan onto paper, you can just select the parts you want easily. I never got this bit worked out before. Before I was squeezing all the text and pics onto 1 sheet. Messy.
Last edited by WMD; Aug 08, 2011 at 06:25 AM. Reason: Googled more stuff. Then tested it.
Aug 08, 2011, 07:11 AM
AMA16634...Just Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD
Thanks Mike, and thanks daddyrabbit1954, but that's not what I meant, sorry. I am fine with printing out tiled plans onto paper, for that I am just using the free Adobe Reader X, that works fine for me and the price is right... What I need, and what I failed to ask properly for, is a way of generating PDF files that cover more than one page. When I stitch together and clean up a plan in Photoshop then go to finally create and save a PDF file from there. That PDF is always one big page (sheet?). Often it is say 42in by 30in, and that's fine. I want to know how to append a 2nd sheet (page?) that might have say the original article text and pics on it. That 2nd page might be just say 10" x 8" and low res.
Steve

Edit: Have just found a (free, open source) app on Sourceforge called PDFsam (PDF Split and Merge) that looks like it will do it for me. Will let you know how it works out.

Edit: Yeah, that seems to work fine. For anyone else who might be wanting this function, PDFsam seems good. You need Java installed, then it just works fine - and lightning fast. Here's an example: the CL Curtiss Sparrowhawk that 50+ posted a while back here - https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=5359 - now cleaned up and in one nice PDF file with the plan scaled up full size on page 1, then the text article on page 2, smaller. To my mind that tidies things up - then later when you come to print a tiled plan onto paper, you can just select the parts you want easily. I never got this bit worked out before. Before I was squeezing all the text and pics onto 1 sheet. Messy.

If that one doesn't work for you, try this....

http://www.primopdf.com/index.aspx

Great program, free and does all the things and more that you outline.....
Aug 08, 2011, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brner
If that one doesn't work for you, try this....

http://www.primopdf.com/index.aspx

Great program, free and does all the things and more that you outline.....
or this Multi-page PDF’s with Adobe Photoshop

http://www.wipeout44.com/brain_food/multipage_pdf.asp
Aug 08, 2011, 10:04 AM
WMD
WMD
Womble of Model Depiction
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeromeddeler
or this Multi-page PDF’s with Adobe Photoshop

http://www.wipeout44.com/brain_food/multipage_pdf.asp
Ah, that's interesting. I'm still using Photoshop5.5 and I don't have the option of File -> Automate - > PDF Presentation. But the good news is I always thought it didn't do file/save_as PDF *at all*. Turns out it does, which is news to me, but only with choice of encoding as either jpg or ZIP, and it seem lossy and a big file. Will investigate more. Thanks.
Aug 08, 2011, 12:07 PM
Flash, AAAAAAAAAAAHhhhhhhhhh
does anybody have the kiel kraft or veron supermarine attacker plans? i've been looking for it and all i can find is the main sheet without the printwood(formers, etc) or maybe know where i can find it?
Last edited by flashkick; Aug 08, 2011 at 12:20 PM.
Aug 08, 2011, 06:58 PM
see post below I have forgotten how to delete a message... Duh
Last edited by aeromeddeler; Aug 08, 2011 at 07:11 PM.
Aug 08, 2011, 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashkick
does anybody have the kiel kraft or veron supermarine attacker plans? i've been looking for it and all i can find is the main sheet without the printwood(formers, etc) or maybe know where i can find it?
Ah the elusive Keilkraft printwood. I beleive Replikit used to sell a full kit of the KK Attacker so they must have had the printwood. They certainly never sold it with the downloadable or CD plans and of course now they have ceased trading and are looking for a buyer. I think vintage 1 used to do work for them perhaps he knows more of what is happening to Replikit and the plans they have.
Aug 08, 2011, 07:27 PM
Hi Guys--Had several laughs over arming of model airplanes. Just wanted to add my 25 cents worth(used to be 2 cents, but inflation you know). Years back the boat guys built model battleships and put some kind of BB firing apparatus on them and then shot at each other until someone's ship was sunk. Does anyone remember this? Sounds like fun, although I don't want to pilot the Herky Bird that 50+ described. Now I know why you guys don't want boat plans on here. Planes dive bombing ships and ships shooting back!! OK! OK! Leave the pepperbox and the electric chair where they are. I won't say anymore about the issue.
Aug 08, 2011, 08:56 PM
High Exalted Poohbah
I see that the electric chair plan I posted has received the notice it is due. When am I going to see one built and tested?

Planeman
Aug 08, 2011, 09:02 PM
A posse ad esse
Where is the plan? I missed it and have not found it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by planeman
I see that the electric chair plan I posted has received the notice it is due. When am I going to see one built and tested?

Planeman
Aug 08, 2011, 09:39 PM
Armed model ships and planes aren't really anything new. Somewhere around 1954, ATHFYM had a column about a large RC model of the Battleship Texas. The 5" secondary turrets used .22s, and the main 14" used .38s. Everything was operated by what then was known as a single channel radio, using a modified rotary telephone dialling system. Without today's sophisticated computerized radios,the builder obtained turns, variable speed, rotating and firing turrets, and even a working PA system.
Oh, the guns only fired blanks.
I also just read something yesterday about the Pepperbox pistol. Since it was a cap and ball pistol, with each chamber individually loaded with loose black powder, wadding, and a ball, it had a nasty habit of getting hot during a rapid fire, and after maybe two or three quick shots, all the remaining chambers would go off at once.
Aug 08, 2011, 10:22 PM
>I think vintage 1 used to do work for them perhaps he knows more of what is happening to Replikit and the plans they have.

Vintage 1 has been inactive here since June. Does that coincide with Replikit ceasing trading?
Aug 08, 2011, 10:44 PM

Aeromodell plan scans

Hi,
This time we feature the Christmas edition of Aeromodeller for 1948.
The cover shows two Sopworth Pups over a suitable wintery landscape.

In fact quite a bit of this issue was devoted to the Sopworth Pup with both a plan feature and an in the Aircraft Described series.

I have posted the "Aircraft Described" segment for the first time. Give me feedback if you want this posted as well in any future posts.

First is the flying scale Sopworth Pup article and plan which includes one of those great cutaway drawings. This scale free flight Pup was designed by G.E.Fisher and features simplicity and strength and a fully sprung undercarraige. In the accompanying photos it looks just like the real thing.

Next, to go with the plan, is the Aircraft Described feature of the Pup by E.J. Riding. You get a highly accurate scale drawing and the instrument panel as well.

W.Musciano's scale control line Fokker Triplane was the next feature article and plan. This famous single seat fighter was the chosen mount of such German WW1 aces as Werner Voss, Ernst Udet and yes Manfred Von Richthofen the "RED BARON.

A giant sailplane was highlighted next, all eleven foot five inches of it. Called Thermalist1 by it's designer R.Minney it has an imposing contest record. It's
of conventional design and construction. But there is a lot of it.

A delightfull looking power free flight model of 42" span was the final model for December 48. It is THE WREN designed by G.R.Woolett. It has features I have seen in other FF powered models of this era and is well proportioned.

Cheers

Algy
Aug 09, 2011, 12:06 AM

Wow! 360 pages & counting?

Please forgive me my inpacience, I got to page 36 so far .....

..... Im looking for a PDF file of the Thermic 72 to download onto a flash-drive, to take to the printers.

Ill wade through this whole thread, but thats going to take days, weeks, probubly months!

But if someone knows where what Im looking for is, Please PM me & let me Know.

Laramie.