This thread is privately moderated by orange&white, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 04, 2011, 12:10 AM
offer still stands Ken - retracts for 24,000 files!!!!

heres the Frog plans - I have about 20 more Frog ones
to remove ads between posts
Aug 04, 2011, 12:12 AM

Mosquito

attached
Aug 04, 2011, 06:49 AM

Aeromodeller plan scans

Hi,
Further Aeromodeller plans and building articles.

First is one to add to your building list. THE DOLPHIN a power FF that looks like it will never come down from the April 1949 Aeromodeller.
Have also inluded a scan of the cover illustration. Had to split the plan it's self into two PDF files but you should not have any trouble joining them up as I left an over lap.

Finally a famous classic Wakefield design by Ron Warrring as we go back to the 1949 Aeromodeller. The ZOMBIE.

Cheers

Algy
Aug 04, 2011, 07:13 AM
old foamie
Let's see more of the Frog plans. I have seen their free flight models, but not the controline type before. Thanks for posting the mosquito and the hurricane as they are two of my favorites.
Aug 04, 2011, 07:43 AM
F1B
F1B
John
Back in the sixties I remember building a rubber model called the Upstart from a plan published in the Aeromoddeler. I cannot remember who designed it or what date it was published. It was very simmiler looking to the Yardstick with a trianguler fuse & I think it was 36" span. By any chance does anyone remember this model & have a plan for it.

John
Aug 04, 2011, 07:50 AM
Hi John,

From what I can see from an old plans handbook of 1985, the 'Upstart' was by then in the 'X' List with a publication date of 08/1954.

At least the date may help locate this magazine for you by someone on here.

Regards

Bridon
Aug 04, 2011, 08:27 AM
RFJ
RFJ
Quote:
a rubber model called the Upstart
John,

Upstart by George Woolls.

Ray
Last edited by RFJ; Aug 04, 2011 at 10:12 AM. Reason: Better plan scan in post #1965
Aug 04, 2011, 08:30 AM
F1B
F1B
John
Hi Bridon,

Thank you very much sounds about the right date, does it mention who was the designer. Does anyone have this Aeromodeller magazine with the article & plan.

Algy would you by any chance have this Aeromodeller with the article in?

John
Aug 04, 2011, 08:34 AM
F1B
F1B
John
Hi RFJ,

Thank you, that's the model I remember the shape of the fin, Thank you all for your help in finding this plan for me, this is certainly a great group.

John
Aug 04, 2011, 08:50 AM

AEROMODELLER Plan Scans

Hi,

This one is for fans of Ray Malstrom and Walter Musciano.

First is a slightly quirky,as always rubber twin offering from Ray Malstrom called the KESTRAL, This was published in 1944.

Then Walter Musciano steps fourth from the pages of the January 1952 issue with his C/L scale HAWKER HEART.

Staying with the 1952 issue and going to Free Flight power,Cyril Shaw has the attractive 40 inch cabin power model ENVOY.

Finaly turning to gliding and there is VERONICA a British Open and A/2 record holder.

Cheers

Algy
Aug 04, 2011, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1B View Post
Hi RFJ,

Thank you, that's the model I remember the shape of the fin, Thank you all for your help in finding this plan for me, this is certainly a great group.

John
Once again Ray to the rescue.

There are complete index`s of Aeromodeller and ModelAircraft on the Colin Usher site

http://www.colinusher.info/

along with back issues of the magazines and lots of other useful stuff

Have posted the index`s here
Aug 04, 2011, 08:56 AM
Hi FIB.
I do have the August 1954 Aeromodeller issue and the plans and build article for UPSTART are in my PC.

But RFG beat me to it.

You have to be quick around here.

Cheers

Algy
Aug 04, 2011, 09:12 AM
RFJ
RFJ
Algy,

Perhaps you could post a better scan of the plan, perhaps full size. I'm not really into this scanning business so mine is just a low resolution colour scan - not ideal for working with

Ray
Aug 04, 2011, 09:17 AM
Daddy's pad when mama's mad

Aeromodeller's

algy can you please continue to scaning the covers from each issue with the plans if this isn't to much extra trouble its an excellent idea. maybe Aeromodeller and RJF can join in the the art work from these old magazines is also very cool and collectable

kenny
Aug 04, 2011, 09:22 AM

AEROMODELLER Plan Scans

Hi,
Here is the Veronica British Record holder for Open and A/2

Things are starting to fall off.

I have put in another glider to keep up the theme. It is the DIOVORIAN a simple soarer for begginers.

Cheers

Algy

PS: Ray as requested have posted my 300dpi scan of Upstart as well here
Last edited by algy2; Nov 27, 2011 at 09:37 PM.

Quick Reply