This thread is privately moderated by orange&white, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 03, 2011, 04:36 PM

Aeromodeller plans wanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by nibor
Found a copy of the April 1961 Aeromodeller magazine on the net with this very nice plan of one of my favourite aircraft. As you can see, the scan is fairly blurry. Anyone have a better (fullsize?) scan of this plan?

thanks
Aircraft Nibor is after is the Lockheed Neptune.

silly me I see that Ray has already done it

Well with Algy1 now adding to the fun thats three of us posting old Aeromodeller and Model Aircraft plans on a fairly regular basis. Unfortunately the only 1961 Aeromodeller I have is the May issue. I only ever used to buy old Aeromodellers with full size plans but with the arrival of good cheap flatbed scanners I started to buy old copies on ebay. Strangely issues from the 60`s were hard to find. Now the traders have moved in and they seem to think that these magazine command collectors prices and well I am not that desperate. So come on all you Aeromodeller hoarders lets dig out that 1961 issue.

Roger

PS nice scans algy 300dpi is ideal to not lose any detail on expanding to full size.full size them. The grey backgrounds are a pain but not a disaster. Several posters have spent ages removing them from some of the plans and planeman is still looking for the magic bullet to remove them.
Last edited by aeromeddeler; Aug 03, 2011 at 06:14 PM. Reason: added PS
to remove ads between posts
Aug 03, 2011, 05:58 PM
OCD: Old, Cranky and Disgusted

Thank ye!!!!

Thanks, lots!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFJ
300dpi Greyscale.

Ray
Aug 03, 2011, 06:45 PM
After my fopar with the Neptune thought I had better pacify Raging Ray for missing his post. Sorry Ray

As I mentioned the 0nly 1961 Aeromodeller I had was the May issue here are the plans from it.

Macchi Castoldi MC-72 25.75" spam C/L scale seaplane

Splatt 20 3/8" span Half A combat C/L

Kwod 20" span 8cc FF four wing sportster
Aug 03, 2011, 08:21 PM

Lockheed Neptune

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFJ
300dpi Greyscale.

Ray
thanks RFJ!
Aug 03, 2011, 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirspeedNZ
Hi folks,

very impressive collection of plans here. Can anyone suggest a location for finding plans for the Frog series of U control aircraft, particularly the hurricane and mosquito?

Regards,
Dave
I have them
Aug 03, 2011, 09:41 PM
Daddy's pad when mama's mad

frog plans

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtrbaby
I have them
Post-em post-em
Aug 03, 2011, 09:51 PM

Aeromodeller Plan Scans

Hi,

Kenny E asked for Ray Malstrom and Vic Smeed plans so here are a couple of classics by the legendary Vic Smeed to start with.

To keep the mixture up there is also a jetex plan from the June 1948 Aeromodeller. I will feed in another Jetex plan in the next posting. This time a scale METEOTR IV also from the 48 issue.

I am now applying a touch of contrast and sharpening to the plans to improve their quality.

Cheers

Algy
Aug 03, 2011, 10:08 PM

Aeromodeller plans

Beautiful plans algy 2
think the Zepher plan may have gone missing you may need to have a [email protected]@k

Kenny
Aug 03, 2011, 10:10 PM

Aeromodeller Plan Scans

Ops,
Sorry about the two jetex plans post. I am still sorting out my system.
Have posted both here together to avoid any confusion.

Cheers

Algy
Aug 03, 2011, 10:16 PM
Those look great you got the that scanning down to a fine art
Aug 03, 2011, 10:21 PM
I may send you a few more requist's some time to see if you have them.
Aug 03, 2011, 11:11 PM

Aeromodeller plan scans

Hi.
A few more to wet the appettite.

This time a plan of a 1953 rubber contest model I have heard about before. The Yardstick by B. Faulkner.

A rare scale FF plan for the Chrislea Super from 1949 then a control line scale Lockheed Sirius article and plan.

Cheers

Algy
Aug 03, 2011, 11:17 PM
Wow thanks for the Lockheed Sirius
Aug 03, 2011, 11:22 PM
I wonder how many Walt Musciano did for Aeromodeller I'm also a big fan of his.
Aug 04, 2011, 12:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFJ
300dpi Greyscale.

Ray
Thank you!

Quick Reply