This thread is privately moderated by orange&white, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 03, 2011, 05:27 AM
I like real wooden aeroplanes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbon31
Hello,
Im begginer at Vintage models but i like to build one for Speed 400 engine. I cant find anything with easy construction. Everything looking so hard. Can you recommend something?
Something high wing, 36" to 46" span, with a simple, preferably slab-sided fuselage. Lots of Vic Smeed designs - Tomboy, Paageboy, Madcap, DC Ballerina etc. Veron Cardinal. Numerous sport power model plans from Aeromodeller or Model Aircraft of the fifties, originally designed for 0.75 or 1 cc diesels - Aston, MK Sportster, (little more complex), Changi and dozens more. If you are going to use the Speed 400 direct drive, use the 6 volt version and run it from a 400 to 800 MaH 2S lipo using a lipo enabled ESC and a 6" x 3" prop - should fly any of the above models OK at 12 to 16 ounces. If using a gearbox you could go a bit bigger, models like the Frankenstein (50"), but still use the 6 volt motor with 2S lipo.

Lots and lots of choice, but keep it simple if you are new to building vintage structures. Lots of help and advice always available on this forum. Build threads for some of the models mentioned and other suitable ones can be found here, and are well worth looking at. Best of luck!
to remove ads between posts
Aug 03, 2011, 06:14 AM
So I'M meant to be in control?
Algy:

Nice plans! Keep them coming!!!

But you might like to edit your post - the Bazooka Plan links to the 'Unlimited' C/L combat wing!!!!
Aug 03, 2011, 06:28 AM
Vinatge models!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancer
Something high wing, 36" to 46" span, with a simple, preferably slab-sided fuselage. Lots of Vic Smeed designs - Tomboy, Paageboy, Madcap, DC Ballerina etc. Veron Cardinal. Numerous sport power model plans from Aeromodeller or Model Aircraft of the fifties, originally designed for 0.75 or 1 cc diesels - Aston, MK Sportster, (little more complex), Changi and dozens more. If you are going to use the Speed 400 direct drive, use the 6 volt version and run it from a 400 to 800 MaH 2S lipo using a lipo enabled ESC and a 6" x 3" prop - should fly any of the above models OK at 12 to 16 ounces. If using a gearbox you could go a bit bigger, models like the Frankenstein (50"), but still use the 6 volt motor with 2S lipo.

Lots and lots of choice, but keep it simple if you are new to building vintage structures. Lots of help and advice always available on this forum. Build threads for some of the models mentioned and other suitable ones can be found here, and are well worth looking at. Best of luck!
Thank you! I Choosed The Tomboy. It looks easy and I hope I build it
Aug 03, 2011, 06:38 AM

Aeromodeller Plan scans

Opps,
Sorry Colonal Blink.

Here is the Plan for "Bazooka" Rubber 29 1/2" contest model from the February 1950 issue of Aeromodeller.

Cheers

Algy
Aug 03, 2011, 07:31 AM
Ta!
Aug 03, 2011, 07:32 AM

Sky Buggy

That Sporty made me think of this one, which is larger, at 42 inches.

Found this on the internet somewhere, badly distorted. I tried to straighten it up, but if anyone has a better copy it would be most welcome.

Jim
Aug 03, 2011, 08:32 AM
Edubarca
Quote:
Originally Posted by algy2
Hi,
I have been following this great thread for some time now and have steadily built up a collection of full size model plans I never thought I would ever have get hold of before.

Have attached a fun full size one page plan for the "Hoppicopter" from the November issue of the 1955 Aeromodeller.

I have a very extensive collection of Aeromodellers which of course featured hundreds of plans and construction articles. Some times four or five an issue in the 40s and 50s.

I could easily scan and post them as a PDF but they would only be in the origionaly published one page size. I have not got a clue how to enlarge them up to full size for building from.

So if some of the very knowledgeable gurus here could let me know if it is worth posting them in the origional page size I will feed a few in as I reread my magazines.

Cheers

Algy2
Hello, greetings from Colombia, It is extremely easy to enlarge or reduce a plan using either PhotoShop or Corel. So, if you can give us scanned plans in 300 dpi and in grey scale, that's it!! No need to buy expensive paper plans. Consult Rufus Carswell (Planeman) he is a genius restoring plans. I also have plenty of Aeromodellers, but I don't have any before April 1955.So posting here plans from that wonderful magazine is a very nice idea!!
Aug 03, 2011, 08:45 AM

Lockheed PV-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by algy2
Hi,
I have been following this great thread for some time now and have steadily built up a collection of full size model plans I never thought I would ever have get hold of before.

Have attached a fun full size one page plan for the "Hoppicopter" from the November issue of the 1955 Aeromodeller.

I have a very extensive collection of Aeromodellers which of course featured hundreds of plans and construction articles. Some times four or five an issue in the 40s and 50s.

I could easily scan and post them as a PDF but they would only be in the origionaly published one page size. I have not got a clue how to enlarge them up to full size for building from.

So if some of the very knowledgeable gurus here could let me know if it is worth posting them in the origional page size I will feed a few in as I reread my magazines.

Cheers

Algy2
welcome to the thread. if you have the April 1961 issue of Aeromodeller, could you please scan the Lockheed Neptune plan at 300dpi for us!? thanks
Aug 03, 2011, 11:41 AM
WMD
WMD
Womble of Model Depiction

KK Fleetwing

Keil Kraft Fleetwing. In 4 pdf files: fuse, wings, instrs, and formers. I hope this is right, it took me absolutely ages to stitch it all together, and the scaling may not be exact. Wingspan should be 53 9/16 inch.

Big thanks to Circlip for the raw scans.
Aug 03, 2011, 01:18 PM
Thas dun a reyt gud job wi that pal.

Regards Ian.
Aug 03, 2011, 01:58 PM
Edubarca
Thanks for the Fleet Wing. Nice plane. a "Must build" Wonderful scan congratulations
Aug 03, 2011, 03:02 PM
Eeee! T'Fleetwing!! Ai reet wannid wunna them when I were a lad, I did, me! Reet gradely!
Aug 03, 2011, 03:54 PM
RFJ
RFJ
Quote:
please scan the Lockheed Neptune plan at 300dpi
300dpi Greyscale.

Ray

Quick Reply