This thread is privately moderated by orange&white, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 01, 2011, 10:57 AM
Septal III Double Header
Designed by Stan John
Contest rudder only .15 RC and a smaller version, .020 RC
Wing Span for the .15 is 50"
Wing span for the .020 is 30"
Model Airplane News July 1962

I build the .15 version in the spring of 1963 and used a home made actuator for pulse control and throttle. It was a lot of fun and once accidentally landed on top of a telephone pole. It only rested there for a couple of seconds before the wind blew it off. Was able to do the entire AMA single channel patterns with this machine by the end of the summer of 63. Boy, those were the days, full of piss and vinegar and sometimes high on Aerogloss and Ambroid. My father built the smaller version but I never got to see it fly for I was off to collage. Memories!

Gene
to remove ads between posts
Aug 01, 2011, 12:16 PM
Quote:
I remember how it would put a new "skin" on your finger tip.
My wife and I called that "Lizard Skin". When I got her started in the hobby, it was one of the reasons she and I both switched to aliphatic...

CD
Aug 01, 2011, 03:07 PM

Frog Control Line plan source - Hurricane

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirspeedNZ
Hi folks,

very impressive collection of plans here. Can anyone suggest a location for finding plans for the Frog series of U control aircraft, particularly the hurricane and mosquito?

Regards,
Dave
Here is a Frog profile Hurrincane plan:
http://shop.keypublishing.com/acatal...cane_1840.html

Link to PNG:
http://shop.keypublishing.com/sample...ANE-PLAN-1.png

Edit - Here is the Mosquito:
http://shop.keypublishing.com/acatal...uito_1865.html

-Steve
Aug 01, 2011, 04:15 PM
thank you Steve.

much appreciated
Aug 01, 2011, 06:15 PM
OCD: Old, Cranky and Disgusted
I'd be interested in a printable copy of this plan, as well.
Here of late, with all the wildfires in the region, the Forestry service has 4 PV-2's working out of Abilene. Its awesome, watching them work! And, with both those radials singing, it gives ya goose bumps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nibor
Found a copy of the April 1961 Aeromodeller magazine on the net with this very nice plan of one of my favourite aircraft. As you can see, the scan is fairly blurry. Anyone have a better (fullsize?) scan of this plan?

thanks
Aug 01, 2011, 11:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nibor
Found a copy of the April 1961 Aeromodeller magazine on the net with this very nice plan of one of my favourite aircraft. As you can see, the scan is fairly blurry. Anyone have a better (fullsize?) scan of this plan?

thanks
I too would a set too, My dad flown in the PV2 in the 60s up and down the east coast sub hunting
Aug 02, 2011, 12:18 AM
I think when I was TDY to Brasil in the mid 60s, I saw a couple P2V-(5?)s at the FAB fields in Belem and Mericana. (Also PBY-5A and P-47s). But just a few years ago, pulling out of the Fort Smith Arkansas airport, I saw a P2V-7 in civy paint. Those underwing jet pylons do get your attention.
Aug 02, 2011, 10:09 PM

Aeromodeller plans

Hi,
I have been following this great thread for some time now and have steadily built up a collection of full size model plans I never thought I would ever have get hold of before.

Have attached a fun full size one page plan for the "Hoppicopter" from the November issue of the 1955 Aeromodeller.

I have a very extensive collection of Aeromodellers which of course featured hundreds of plans and construction articles. Some times four or five an issue in the 40s and 50s.

I could easily scan and post them as a PDF but they would only be in the origionaly published one page size. I have not got a clue how to enlarge them up to full size for building from.

So if some of the very knowledgeable gurus here could let me know if it is worth posting them in the origional page size I will feed a few in as I reread my magazines.

Cheers

Algy2
Aug 02, 2011, 11:54 PM
Algy, nearly everything I've uploaded over the last 6 months or so has been scanned from either magazine pages or photocopies of magazine pages. If somebody wants to build one of the models, they can sometimes still find somebody who sells the full size plan, or if there isn't a source, they can take the file or a print of the plan and take it to a commercial print shop, or use one of several utilities such as TilePrint to get enlargements to a useable size. In fact, the last two methods allow the scalling up or down to a possibly more convenient size.
Aug 03, 2011, 12:22 AM
Daddy's pad when mama's mad

Aeromodeller Magazine Scans

Hello algy2

Please post away we can always use some more vintage Aeromodeller scans.
you don't you happen to have any old issues with plans from Ray Malmstorm or Vic Smeed do you. what years do you have other then the 40's and 50's there are lots I have been looking for you don't need a new friend do ya LOL.

Kenny
Aug 03, 2011, 01:32 AM
AMA 667982 KG7NKY
Hey algy2, yes please scan away. Please scan in grayscale as it is a hundred time easier to clean then when in color. You will probably need to scan them at 72 dpi so that they can be up loaded to the forum. Rufus can guide you through some of the other steps to take with them. However, any scan will probably do.
Aug 03, 2011, 02:03 AM
Daddy's pad when mama's mad
He can scan at 200-300dpi in grayscale for PDF file's with out any problems long as its not over 2Mb. in size then post it here. 72dpi is just to low a resolution to really do any quality work with such as scaling the plan up.
Aug 03, 2011, 03:01 AM
RFJ
RFJ
Quote:
long as its not over 2Mb
I believe the maximum file size for a pdf upload on here is 3MB.

Ray
Aug 03, 2011, 03:52 AM

Aeromodeller Plan Scans

Hi Guys,
Thanks for you quick replies and advice on posting the Aeromodeller scans.

I have just scanned two plans from the July 1948 Aeromodeller the first being a very attactive control line speed bi plane. The TYRO TRAINER.

The second is the famous WARRING'S LIGHTWEIGHT, Also scanned the build articles for both plans.

Have scanned at 300dpi. Sorry about the grey background to the plan and pages but that is exactly as they were published.

Kenny I have most of the 40s and 50s and 60s and every magazine after that.

As far as Vic Smeed is concerened I have the ETHEREAL LADY plan and article in front of me now as I look at the June 1945 Aeromodeller.

Do you want that?

Cheers

Algy
Aug 03, 2011, 04:43 AM
Vinatge models!
Hello,
Im begginer at Vintage models but i like to build one for Speed 400 engine. I cant find anything with easy construction. Everything looking so hard. Can you recommend something?

Quick Reply