This thread is privately moderated by orange&white, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 12, 2011, 04:02 PM
Here is one that you don't see everyday.
Sandow by Cal Smith
1/2A PAA Free Flight
I measure the wing span to be 35.84"
The scan comes from "CAL SMITH ON Model Building"
FAWCETT BOOK #139 1952

Gene
to remove ads between posts
Jul 12, 2011, 04:32 PM
OCD: Old, Cranky and Disgusted
hey, JohnB! How did the Sperry Messenger work out?
Jul 12, 2011, 05:43 PM

Puddleduck

Puddleduck I must be quackers but I want one. Any of our Australian members have any clues as to whether plans exist for this one.
Jul 12, 2011, 05:58 PM
braljubos

wrecktangle

anybody have a scanned PDF plans of Mooney´s 1/2 A wrecktangle FF published in M.A.N. years 196 or 1957? thanks
Jul 12, 2011, 06:04 PM
All todays offering come from Aeromodeller June 1957 despite the date at the bottom of the Courier plan as may 1957.

Boulton Paul Overstrand. - part of the famous Biplanes series this apart from describing the aircraft gives excellent 3 views and details to construct a solid model.
Some scale modeller must want to have a go at making a flying version I have never seen such an ugly/attractive biplane.

Courier 42" span sports model for .5 - 1cc engines FF

Ryan NPY4 The Spirit of St Louis 34" span FF scale model of the Spirit of St Louis.

Spirit of St Louis - This is the aircraft described with its history and excellent 3 views.

Skiffler 47" span semi scale C/L stunt model.
Jul 12, 2011, 06:13 PM
Gene, thanks for the PAA Sandow.
Nice to see the article all on one file.
Mr. Wiz has an .049 Wasp that fits the plans.
John
Jul 12, 2011, 06:20 PM
braljubos
My first FF plane was the Wrecktangle at age of 13 with a cox 0.49 soace bug junior. Years later circa 1968 I buld my second wrecktangle, but I lost the plan. Now I want to buil my 3rd Wrectangle as Rc plane.
Jul 12, 2011, 07:12 PM
The dog ate my clearance
Anyone have the plan for Ted Strader's "Cirrus"? It was similar to his Nomad, but larger (about 70 inches) and a little sleeker. Flying Models published it in the early 70s.

P
Jul 12, 2011, 07:23 PM
Daddy's pad when mama's mad

Ted Strader's "Cirrus'' Plans

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenspar
Anyone have the plan for Ted Strader's "Cirrus"? It was similar to his Nomad, but larger (about 70 inches) and a little sleeker. Flying Models published it in the early 70s.

P
Betcha Ralph B can help with that one he last posted on page 329 send him a P.M. and see

Kenny
Jul 12, 2011, 08:47 PM
skumgummi dave
aeromeddeler:

How about Jim Fullerton's Pellican at full size?
Jul 12, 2011, 09:55 PM
OCD: Old, Cranky and Disgusted

John B's Handywork

Here is John Blankenship's SE5A, from (I believe) 1975 FM Center Plan.
Jul 12, 2011, 10:23 PM
Addicted to building...
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny e
Hi Freddie B

I have a total of 16 vintage Guillow plans but they are all jpeg files and will need to be converted to PDF. first befor posting here. so its going to take a little longer I will get them on as soon as I can.

Kenny
Thanks Kenny! Saw you started some of the posting. I was going to say I could help convert to pdf if the jpeg's were sent to me, but you are way ahead! Just got back from a 7 day trip and working my tail off catching up!

Thanks fo all you do for the good of this project in process. (everyone else too BTW).

Fred
Jul 13, 2011, 12:32 AM
Has anybody tried the new Nitro Pro yet? I just got an E-mail about it, offering both a free version, and the full up $100+ version. Sounds like it can join multiple pages into a single file, like a number of submissions here have been.

Johnblankenship, I would be greatful if you could upload the wing plan for the Scout. Apparently, when I was scanning the photocopies of the ariginal article, I missed the wing, and as I stated earlier, I have had to send huge quantities of paper to the recycler. Sometimes I feel like kicking myself for not having done a better job of protecting the old magazines. During a move, I actually had to throw out almost 35 boxes of older model airplane, boat, and railroad magazines, retaining about 15 selected boxes. It's now down to about 5 for the MA.

I also appreciate your not having a problem with the upload to this site. Thank you!

Just realized, this batch has a competition helicopter or so.

Now for some more uploads.
Jul 13, 2011, 02:03 AM

Scientific plans

Any one got any of the little 1/2A control line plans for the ones with the built up wings and profile fuselage. not the hollow log type models by the Scientific.

Thanks Ratracer

Quick Reply