This thread is privately moderated by orange&white, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 11, 2011, 09:44 PM
Daddy's pad when mama's mad

Old Guillow Plans

I have about 12-15 decent scans of old Guillows on a CD some place round here but thay are tiled and will need to be assembled. I can try and post them a little later tonight if there is any interest.

Kenny
to remove ads between posts
Jul 11, 2011, 10:08 PM
Any one have a decent scan of Ted Evans Jaguar wakefield

Kenny
Jul 11, 2011, 10:42 PM
Addicted to building...
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny e
i have about 12-15 decent scans of old guillows on a cd some place round here but thay are tiled and will need to be assembled. I can try and post them a little later tonight if there is any interest.

Kenny
yes!
Jul 11, 2011, 11:50 PM
Hi Freddie B

I have a total of about 20 vintage Guillow plans but they are all jpeg files and will need to be converted to PDF. first befor posting here. so its going to take a little longer I will get them on as soon as I can.

Kenny
Last edited by kenny e; Jul 13, 2011 at 12:20 AM.
Jul 11, 2011, 11:54 PM

Evans Jaguar

Quote:
Any one have a decent scan of Ted Evans Jaguar wakefield

Kenny
Kenny, there is one Jaguar on page 69, but I see it's lines are kind of funky. I have one, that I'm sure I gote here too, and it's in much better shape but I would prefer to send it to you via E-mail, so I don`t ruin Swankee's list.

Same as you, I really love that model!

Ar.
Jul 11, 2011, 11:58 PM
Quote:
Hi Freddie B

I have a total of 16 vintage Guillow plans but they are all jpeg files and will need to be converted to PDF. first befor posting here. so its going to take a little longer I will get them on as some as I can.

Kenny
Take your time! I'm sure it's worth the wait.

Ar.
Jul 12, 2011, 12:00 AM
Thanks Argat1

P.M. on the way
Jul 12, 2011, 01:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehoney
>Would anyone have a plan of the Mercury Mentor

I have it in paper form, but no way to scan it.

A copy can be available if not in a great hurry
A copy would be great, thank you. Any expenses will be happily reimbursed. Thanks again, Gary
Jul 12, 2011, 01:25 AM
I think I put a few older Guillows plans somewhere in the last 10 pages or so. I tried to make sure I used the Guillows name in the page title. So, here I go with the Pre-55 Competition models, or at least a major portion of what I have.

Someday, I have to build one of the Sparky kits I have. Now that as I understand Guillow bought Comet, it'd be interesting to see the kit back in production.

Interesting how many Streamliners were designed and built back then.

Also sometimes interesting is the naming conventions. Like Berger Streamliner, Lanzo Record Holder, Lanzo 30".

I got to meet Chet Lanzo several years before his passing. He flew in SAM contests at our field. In fact, according to a listing in a mid-late 60s club listing, he was the contact person for my club. A very quiet and reserved gentleman.
Jul 12, 2011, 03:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dz1sfb
Thank you for posting Gene. I have the plan from the Top Flight kit. Would it be a copyright problem for me to post that as well?

Ken
I don't think so due to it's age. The Roaring 20 model along with several other small rc models of that era are currently being kitted by http://www.earlyrcmodels.com/index.html

Gene
Jul 12, 2011, 11:33 AM
Team Fearless
Quote:
I have about 12-15 decent scans of old Guillows on a CD some place round here but thay are tiled and will need to be assembled. I can try and post them a little later tonight if there is any interest.

Kenny
That would be great.

Thanks
Jul 12, 2011, 11:47 AM

Guillow plans

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~SnApRoLl
That would be great.

Thanks
look at post 5004 have already posted some with more on the way later today

Kenny
Jul 12, 2011, 12:56 PM

Post 4989 Sopwith Scout Rubber

50+

The plan in your post 4989 you named "SopwithScoutRubber" is one page of my Bristol Scout plan which was published in Flying Models, December 1971. I have no problem with the plan being posted on this forum, and can provide the second page if desired.
Jul 12, 2011, 03:46 PM
Hi JohnBlankenship
I for one would love you to post the wings of the Bristol Scout.

Quick Reply