This thread is privately moderated by orange&white, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 05, 2011, 03:14 PM

Kalpie

Can anyone help me.

I am looking for a plan of the "Kalpie", first published in "Aeromodeller" in February 1952, page 82.
The Kalpie is an all sheet F/F Power model designed for 0.5 cc motors.

A plan was also published in the Vic Smeed Book - "Free Flight Power Models".

Thanks in advance

Brian
to remove ads between posts
Jul 05, 2011, 05:05 PM
OK,so what's the speed of dark
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenspar
Might be the Riley Wooten "Quicker". Plan available at:

http://www.controllineplans.com/
No, that's the one I was flying against him. The one I am talking about has "I" beam rib assy and the tail is longer with rounded wing tips. The wing sort of reminds me of a pancake. It is much wider then the Quicker and the wing looks very thin because off the wide cord. The tail also goes back father then the Quicker too. Oh well, it was worth a shot anyway. Thanks for trying.

Ed

I also flew an Omega against him and won every time. To bad I couldn't win in the contest I entered. On the second round, I had a guy cut my streamer right through to center of my plane, so that put me out. I didn't have a spare........ I just really like the looks of that plane and wanted to build one. No big deal really. I can draw up a set of plans that are close to it............................ I'll try that trick of moving the pointer over the pdf file and see if that makes it easier to read. Now if I could just find a faster internet speed. Dial-up stinks big time...........
Last edited by mred3; Jul 05, 2011 at 05:14 PM.
Jul 05, 2011, 06:31 PM
RFJ
RFJ
Quote:
I am looking for a plan of the "Kalpie"
From February 1952 Aeromodeller.

Ray
Last edited by RFJ; Jul 06, 2011 at 03:40 PM.
Jul 05, 2011, 06:57 PM
B for Bruce
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey_You
Well, it is vintage . . .

(includes pdf files for articles on the Two Tone Pulse Width dual control system designed by Walt Good)
The TTPW initials were also said to stand for "Too Tough to Piddle With" as the system was apparently hellishy tough to tune and prone to losing tune all too easily.

I think it may have been just a little bit later that someone got the bright idea of Galloping Ghost and that was the end of the TTPW format.
Jul 06, 2011, 01:25 AM
Boy, not sure what happened on the last upload, but I noticed these didn't go through. Here's another try. I wonder how the movie plane flew. Definitely Fantasy Flier, not scale. Got the plans either from and FAC or the CFFS Crosswinds publication. Not sure which now.
Karasu is reputed to be a plane designed in a Japanese university or College and flown as early as 1891. It's a Model Builder article, and something similar was recently kitted.
I tried the Triplane Push-Pull a couple times when I was kid, but never was able to master the props. The Stringless Wonder is from the original article, may still be available from A2Z as an old Peck Polymers kit. It does fly quite well, at least the one I built from this article. A couple FF competition type helicopters. NOT scale, competitive. Then there's an interesting article on older flying things.
Jul 06, 2011, 05:22 AM

Kalpie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFJ
From February 1952 Aeromodeller.

Ray
Ray

Many thanks for the Kalpie plan and article

Brian
Jul 06, 2011, 11:03 AM
WMD
WMD
Womble of Model Depiction

Kalpie again

Have had a go at scaling the Kalpie plan to full size and cleaning up the background. Still a bit scruffy, mind. It's that pesky speckled background stuff again.
Jul 06, 2011, 12:00 PM

Potez 75

This comely French ground attack aircraft is from 1955 Aeromodeller.
Jul 06, 2011, 12:46 PM
deleted
Last edited by cts125; Jul 06, 2011 at 12:53 PM. Reason: wrong info
Jul 06, 2011, 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMatthews
The TTPW initials were also said to stand for "Too Tough to Piddle With" as the system was apparently hellishy tough to tune and prone to losing tune all too easily.

I think it may have been just a little bit later that someone got the bright idea of Galloping Ghost and that was the end of the TTPW format.
Well, of course I never built one, back then I just didn't have either the money nor the skills required. Way back then (was it half a century ago, gasp) I don't remember anything being easy, I did fly galloping ghost and the adjustments for getting that to work properly were difficult enough. Our present pulse width proportional does work far better. Count our blessings.
Jul 06, 2011, 04:33 PM

Great Lakes XTBG-1 Torpedo Bomber

This is a vintage Alan Booton plan reproduced in AirWars magazine. I've included the original scans from the magazine for a 19.5" span rubber model as well as my attempt to scale the plans up to 1/12th size. The real aircraft had a span of 42' and length of 35' 1".
Jul 06, 2011, 06:33 PM
First, thanks to you all for posting all these great plans. Some are absolute works of art!
I'm searching for a set of plans for a Waco UPF-7, preferably for outdoor rubber scale. The UPF-7 is an open cockpit bipe. There's lots of Waco cabin bipe plans around but no UPF-7's that I've found. I'd like to do a model of Jimmy and Kyle Franklin's Wacos, maybe even the jet Waco. What a nuts airplane....
Thanks!
Dave
Jul 06, 2011, 07:34 PM
Well finally managed to clone the C: drive and replace it so no more lock-up`s. Would have ben quicker to reinstall all the software

Some more Keil Kraft. Just one more lot to go after these. Dont forget we are looking for the star series Tiger Moth and the Large scale FF Luscombe Silvare please.

KK Robin 23" span rubber Powered model

KK Eezebilt Sedan 18" span Rubber power (parts of plan are missing but not the important bits)

KK Sopwith Camel 16" span Flying scale Rubber with Printwood

KK Spook 12.5" span flying wing glider. was kitted by KK. replikit had an enlarged version 15.5 " span for rapier power.

KK Vega 12" span HLG

KK Wisp 20" span TLG

KK Supermarine Swift 13.25 span flying scale model Jetex. Printwood supplied by Modelmad.
Jul 06, 2011, 10:08 PM

Nomad

This is an attractive pod and boom design (well I think so anyways) from around 1940 so far as I can make out. Found it in Air Trails magazine.
Jul 06, 2011, 11:04 PM
aeromeddeler included the KK EzEeBilt Sedan in his most recent post. He noted a portion of the plan is missing. If anyone is interested in that series, indluding the Sedan, I have most of them on my web site here: http://www.parmodels.com/Plans/jigtime.htm.

Paul Bradley

Quick Reply