This thread is privately moderated by orange&white, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jun 30, 2011, 07:27 PM
High Exalted Poohbah
HELP!!!

I could use some help from any of you regarding Mozilla Firefox. I can't open .PDF files from Firefox anymore.

This is my problem:

When left-clicking on a file on a Firefox web page I used to get a window that popped up that asked me what I wanted to do which had the following options:
Open
?
?
Save to:
Save like this from now on
I think that window was a part of an add-on but I am not sure.

I was very happy with how it worked until I was about to download a large number of files from different pages and I decided to try the “Save like this from now on” option. Now that I have done this the options window doesn't open up any more and when I left-click on a file all I get is the old “Save” window.

I used to be able to left-click on a .PDF file on a web page and have the options window open and could select the “Open” option which opened the file in Adobe Acrobat. Now all I can do when left-clicking on the file is save the file in the old downloads window and I can't open the file.

I have gone to the “Tools” menu to see if I could find a reset somewhere. I have been using “Down Them All” and “Flashgot” but I cannot find a way to resolve this in either of them.

Suggestion for a cure please.

Planeman
to remove ads between posts
Jun 30, 2011, 07:36 PM
Sir Jasper
I think this is what you want?

Mark
Jun 30, 2011, 07:48 PM
AMA16634...Just Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by zl3vml
I think this is what you want?

Mark
Thanks Mark. I was having the same problem and that fixed it.
Jun 30, 2011, 07:51 PM
Edubarca
Use Google Chrome, Rufus, It is the BEST internet browser available. I have absolutely no problems with it. It is fast, reliable and very well designed.
And I don't work for Google!!!!!!!!!!!! no commissions!!
Greetings from Herr Dipl. Ing. Ernst Heinkel, Walter Beech and Clyde Cessna!! hehehehehe!!!
Jun 30, 2011, 08:13 PM

Still more Keil Kraft

KK Fairey Gannet 20" flying scale rubber

KK Gaucho 44" span power duration

KK Fairey Junior 18" span flying scale rubber

KK DH Venom 16.5" span flying scale jetex

KK Hurricane 19.5" span flying scale rubber

KK Gypsy 40" span rubber

KK Grumman Panther 17" Span flying scale jetex

KK Dh110 17" span flying scale jetex With Printwood

KK ME 109 17" span flying scale rubber

KK Piper Super Cruiser 18" span flying scale rubber

KK Piper Super Cruiser 40" span for 049 FF or R/C

KK Piper Family Cruiser 20.5" span flying scale rubber

KK Wisp 20" span TLG with printwood

plus Sam has sent me some printwood some we already had but these are better scans.
All printwood scans for Keil Kraft greatfully received

Printwood for KK Dolphin, KK Competitor, KKLadybird + RC conversion and wing rib outline for the KK outlaw
Last edited by aeromeddeler; Jun 30, 2011 at 08:29 PM. Reason: forgot gannet
Jun 30, 2011, 08:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergocentric
Please re-post the link, signing up for ads did not seem to work and there is a problem with your link.

Thanks for taking the time.
Seems I am no good at cut and paste try this and do not I repeat do not sign up for any of the ads

http://www.modelaeroplaneplans.com/T...planePlans.zip
Last edited by aeromeddeler; Jun 30, 2011 at 08:23 PM. Reason: dont sign up for ads
Jun 30, 2011, 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edubarca
Use Google Chrome, Rufus, It is the BEST internet browser available. I have absolutely no problems with it. It is fast, reliable and very well designed.
And I don't work for Google!!!!!!!!!!!! no commissions!!
Greetings from Herr Dipl. Ing. Ernst Heinkel, Walter Beech and Clyde Cessna!! hehehehehe!!!

I agree 100and 10% with you Edubarca. Chrome is very fast.IE keeps crashing for me and once you find your way round Chrome its a breeze. Only downside the download managers I use, Getright and Free Download Manager do not pick up downloads in Chrome you have to use the dropboxes. I can live with that.
Jun 30, 2011, 08:27 PM
Edubarca
Me too!!!! aeromeddeler
Jun 30, 2011, 08:33 PM
Edubarca
By the way, do you have the Keil Kraft Luscombe Silvaire and the large Tiger Moth?? Nice to have them here
Jun 30, 2011, 08:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Blink
I think most would prefer this thread to be missing some desirable plans due to not wanting to infringe copyright, rather than RCG missing this thread because we have tried to sidestep copyright.....

This thread is a tremendous resource of raw material; lets not sink the ship for a ha'porth of tar...
I agree. I'd rather see the link to where you can buy the plan instead. Most of these seem to be from RC Modeler, and are for sale by whoever bought the rights to sell the plans.
I don't think erasing the RCM copyright and legend at the bottom right corner of the plans is too copascetic either (like the Classmate).
keep it to defunct magazines and other plans sources for posted plans, and maybe the old MAN plans, since they trashed so much of their collection
Jun 30, 2011, 10:04 PM
There are also quite a few FM plans lost sometime in the early to mid 60s because the print house that sold the full size plans had a fire or some such thing that destroyed their equipment and file. Bill Northrup is currently handling the Model Builder plans. I don't know if he has all the Peanut rubber or the series of paper planes for Teachers. Last time I saw him at Toledo, he seemed to be showing mostly the larger RC and some CL. He sells guides to his plans, I think $5.00 each? Last I checked, Pat Crews was still selling the old RCM plans.

After reading many coments about copyright laws, and doing some research on my own, I'd say the worst thing one can do when uploading here is to try to cut out any reference to the original supplier or designer. In fact, I've just gone over over 500 rubber power files on my computer, and added that information in the page (and folder where applicable) titles where the info is available. Still have several hundred more pre-1955 rubber plans to do. Then there'll be tiling individual page of multi page files, then isolating the files for any pages greater than about 2.95 M. Then conversion to pdf for the 40% that aren't already. Of course, there are many pages that don't have designer, publication, or manufacturer names. Even if you're reworking plans with a CAD or other graphics program, don't cut that info out of the plan. Just remember, the primary thing we are trying to do is archive old info that is going away due to the effects of time on paper. When you remove that info, you are killing a significant part of the historical value.
Last edited by 50+AirYears; Jun 30, 2011 at 10:38 PM.
Jun 30, 2011, 10:23 PM
I have a friend who will welcome the KK Fairey Gannet - but has anyone got a scan of the printwood?
Jul 01, 2011, 01:49 AM
AMA 667982 KG7NKY
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeromeddeler
One last one before I sort out some more Keil Kraft plans to upload.

Has anyone managed to download the Ultimate Model Aeroplane plans book offered free on this site

http://www.modelaeroplaneplans.com/

Have tried ,it links to one of those select one offer sites and you can download the book.
The one I tried said it was not available in the country I was in.
Aeromeddeler, be very wary of that site it smell like scam from the get go. What ever you do, do not give out any Credit Card numbers. We get calls from people all the time that get suckered into this type of offer. Never give out your email address unless it is a junk email address to a site like this and never give out any personal information to them.
Jul 01, 2011, 02:24 AM
AMA 667982 KG7NKY
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50+AirYears
There are also quite a few FM plans lost sometime in the early to mid 60s because the print house that sold the full size plans had a fire or some such thing that destroyed their equipment and file. Bill Northrup is currently handling the Model Builder plans. I don't know if he has all the Peanut rubber or the series of paper planes for Teachers. Last time I saw him at Toledo, he seemed to be showing mostly the larger RC and some CL. He sells guides to his plans, I think $5.00 each? Last I checked, Pat Crews was still selling the old RCM plans.

After reading many coments about copyright laws, and doing some research on my own, I'd say the worst thing one can do when uploading here is to try to cut out any reference to the original supplier or designer. In fact, I've just gone over over 500 rubber power files on my computer, and added that information in the page (and folder where applicable) titles where the info is available. Still have several hundred more pre-1955 rubber plans to do. Then there'll be tiling individual page of multi page files, then isolating the files for any pages greater than about 2.95 M. Then conversion to pdf for the 40% that aren't already. Of course, there are many pages that don't have designer, publication, or manufacturer names. Even if you're reworking plans with a CAD or other graphics program, don't cut that info out of the plan. Just remember, the primary thing we are trying to do is archive old info that is going away due to the effects of time on paper. When you remove that info, you are killing a significant part of the historical value.

I Totally agree. The designer and the person who inked the design deserve all the credit for the design and when the copyright it removed you are removing a part of history. Each design represents that persons style and technique in drawing and each one is individual. The only bad part of some designs it the fact that there is no information as to the designer or the person that drew the design to give credit to.
Jul 01, 2011, 04:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starcad
Aeromeddeler, be very wary of that site it smell like scam from the get go. What ever you do, do not give out any Credit Card numbers. We get calls from people all the time that get suckered into this type of offer. Never give out your email address unless it is a junk email address to a site like this and never give out any personal information to them.
see my post
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=4806

not 100% certain it is that sort of scam though as daventex dug out a direct link which downloads the file directly. It is basicically a collection of model plans (all of the web I suspect) all in PDF format with no spyware of virus`s. The scam is in getting you to sign up to something else. This seems to be getting more common with even well respected software companies offering to give you their product free by accepting some other offer, Strangely enough the antivirus software vendors are major offenders. The other thing that annoys me are the damm toolbars you accidently sign up to. So many in fact you have two line left in IE for the web page. Yet another reason to use Chrome as they dont work with it.

Quick Reply