This thread is privately moderated by orange&white, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jun 29, 2011, 06:20 PM
some more Keil Kraft

KK Ace 30" span rubber powered Cabin sports

KK Conquest 30" span towline glider

KK Vega 12" span HLG

KK Cessna 19" span flying scale rubber

KK Cessna 170 36" span for .049 FF or R/C

KK Globe Swift 22" span flying scale rubber

KK Cub 20" span TLG or Jetex 50 power

Anyone wanting plans for Keil Krafts all balsa 18" span EeZeBILT Sportser Mike has the plans for download on his page with links to his 19"span EeZeBILT Piper Super Cruiser page and Vernon combi kit page.

http://www.ffscale.co.uk/sportster.htm
Last edited by aeromeddeler; Jun 29, 2011 at 06:26 PM. Reason: original Cub file to big
to remove ads between posts
Jun 29, 2011, 06:34 PM

anyone got better plans please

Two interesting KK plans. The two gif files were the original thumbnails I found somewere on the net original were 72dpi. I upped the dpi to 500 and loaded into Isiplot. Anyone familiar with Photoshop will be aware that upping the dpi makes the plan no clearer when you up the size. However loading into Isiplot or Tile print and resizing reduces the dpi expotentially. (ie doubling the size would halve the dpi to 36dpi) so at least you will end up with possibly something useable if the input dpi is high enough. Full sized and saved out as tiles. See if anyone can do better with the original images. Or even better supply better quality images. I notice that someone on ebay offers the full size KKplans every now and again he want 3 for the Comet HLG plan so there must be copies out there.

KK Soarer Major 60" span TLG

KK Victory 30" span TLG
Jun 29, 2011, 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50+AirYears
Maybe the original publishers can actually use these uploads on this thread to reestablish the printing of these plans?

Many possible sources for up to date comercial reproductions for plane plans presented here have been listed in this thread.
I doubt if the original publishers (if they still exist) would be interested in reestablishing any plans. There is no money in it otherwise they would be after the Uncle Willies and other plan sellers on eBay.

Most commercial reproductions are cottage industry, I doubt if any make a living from it more of a service to the hobby. MAN actively encouraged you to scale up the plans by use of the 1/2" ect grid. Try ordering any old Aeromodeller plans and they are either no longer available or lost. Our only hope is that someone out there with a full set can digitize them as has been done with the Model Builder Mag. Only problem than that you cannot prevent a PDF file being copied and distributed so you have to rely on the honesty of people if you are to recoup your outlay in time and equipment.
Jun 29, 2011, 08:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cts125
OK...another oddball request.

The Bellanca 28-70 "Irish Swoop".

via Wikipedia: "The Bellanca 28-70 was a long-range air racer designed for James Fitzmaurice Irish pioneer aviator, who christened it Irish Swoop....."

Any plans available?
AMA has a couple of plans listed. I have been trying to see the Musciano plan (called the Bellanca Flash) from Mechanix Illustrated before I pay $7 for this plan - I don't want it if its a solid body or plank wing design. They have another plan listed as the 28-70 (or 90) for a rubber powered plane, but it is incomplete. I have no idea what issue of Mechanix Illustrated the plan was in, but I think it was plan #392. Must be late 40's early 50's. If you can get to the AMA museum, the guy that runs the plan service will bring any plan they have up on his computer screen so you can see if you want to buy it, but unfortunately I won't be traveling that way much anymore. I haven't checked yet to see if he could e-mail me a low res picture of it - I'll probably try that.
Last edited by jonquinn; Jun 29, 2011 at 08:30 PM.
Jun 29, 2011, 09:39 PM
Aircraft re-kitter
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeromeddeler
One last one before I sort out some more Keil Kraft plans to upload.

Has anyone managed to download the Ultimate Model Aeroplane plans book offered free on this site

http://www.modelaeroplaneplans.com/
NONONONONONONO!

"Amazing Facts subscription service $10.00 per week"

you HAVE TO enter your mobile number and subscribe
Jun 29, 2011, 09:41 PM
Here's something like 29 planes, roughly 44 pages. I think.

I had an All Star bipe once, from an Ace kit. Had molded foam wings. Very good flier. Had several people ask me how I got it to take off from the grass so well, because they had them, and they were very prone to snap rolling on lift off. Every one of them were using .19s to .23s. I was using an HB .15. Also, I had originally drilled the mounts to take either the HB or a Fox .15 BB. But, the Fox turned an 8-4 prop between 14 and 15 thousand RPM, and the HB around 12 000. So, I went with the lower power, lighter engine, and with 2 inch tires, and steerable tail wheel, it was a darling to handle on the take-off run, accelerated to control speed, and lifted off smoothly. With the larger motors, either the prop wash over the wing center was lifting the plane before there was enough airflow over the rudder, or there was too much torque at lift-off. From what I've read, the original was doing ROG with Cox Medallion .09s.

Actually, several here from ACE. GLH, Pacer, and Super Pacer, besides the All Star.
Jun 30, 2011, 12:15 AM

Ace all star

I kit-built one of these when it was first offered for sale. Quite pleased with the model, it was one of the first r/c models I built. As described, snaprolled on takeoff from a paved runway. I did not have enough skill to manage to fly it off a runway. Had a Taipan .15 and my new Kraft Sport radio.
Jun 30, 2011, 01:40 AM
So I'M meant to be in control?
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeromeddeler
KK Cub 20" span TLG or Jetex 50 power
...and here's a (bad) scan of the printwood.....

Last edited by Colonel Blink; Jun 30, 2011 at 07:57 AM.
Jun 30, 2011, 05:06 AM
*jj
*jj
Quote:
Originally Posted by cts125
OK...another oddball request.

The Bellanca 28-70 "Irish Swoop".

via Wikipedia: "The Bellanca 28-70 was a long-range air racer designed for James Fitzmaurice Irish pioneer aviator, who christened it Irish Swoop....."
AKA "The Shamrocket" to a superior English magazine editor; but C G Grey was like that. It was entered in the 1934 McRobertson England - Australia air race but I don't think that it started.
Jun 30, 2011, 10:21 AM
Owner - Flying Models

Flyline Great Lakes Trainer

Thinking back almost 20 years ago to my build, and now contemplating another one, I am wondering about instructions. I may be wrong, but am pretty sure I recall getting an abbreviated "manual" that was essentially a single typed page of instructions with my kit back when. It may have been two stapled together, but I really don't remember much beyond poorly photocopied typewritten text. Does anyone have a complete kit they can check? I would love to have a scan if my memory is correct. In the meantime, more on my model can be found here.
http://www.gryffinaero.com/models/ff...reatlakes.html

Thanks,

Thayer
Jun 30, 2011, 10:48 AM
WMD
WMD
Womble of Model Depiction
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thayer
In the meantime, more on my model can be found here.
http://www.gryffinaero.com/models/ff...reatlakes.html Thanks, Thayer
It may just be me, or my version of Firefox... but that address is a blank white page for me?
Jun 30, 2011, 10:55 AM

Peter Westburg did MUSEUM grade drawings of the GL in Model Builder magazine...

Dear Thayer:

The PIPE Here again - quite some time ago the late Peter Westburg did a MAGNIFICENT set of "museum grade" drawings of the exact Great Lakes biplane design that the old Flyline kit built up into, that were featured in Model Builder magazine...where MB is now a "long-gone" mag, I'd have no doubt that, IF someone wanted to place those drawings up in this thread, and scanned them REALLY well in a 300 dot-per-inch to 600 dpi (my personal choice!) they could be REALLY helpful to some of us...!

My fave Great Lakes individual bipe would HAVE to be the late Cole Palen's NC 304 Y, a GL 2T-1MS example at OLD RHINEBECK......basically the only "serious" difference between it and your Flyline kit is the use of the inverted Menasco Pirate inline-four air cooled engine in his ORA example. Googling for PHOTOS of the late Mr. Palen's example resulted in the photos you can check out for yourself at http://www.google.com/search?tbm=isc...&aqi=&aql=&oq= ...and Bob Banka has a Foto-Paak of it at his "bobsairdoc" site as "foto-paak" no. 2825 for $26.00 before postage.

An RCer by the name of Dave Jaggie, I think, had ALREADY done up Cole's example as a quarter scale model a generation ago (1980) with one of the very early Quadra Q35 two-stroke "gasser mills" in there. I'd bet it would be even better, built along the lines of the fullscale example (as from Pete Westburg's drawings, done up in CAD on my home PC) with a Saito FG-30 or FG-36 FOUR stroke gasser mill in its cowl, using the Westburg drawings to get the scale framing "right on the nose", as I'll readily admit that I'm a real "stinker" for such things, and the Bob Banka photos of it for more reference to do the inverted cowl perfectly as a homebrew fiberglass unit.

You've got a VERRY nice little one there, though...and I'd still loove to get my hands on a downloadable scanned set of those Pete Westburg drawings of the Great Lakes to GET that set of CAD plans started someday, to replicate Cole's Old Rhinebeck aircraft for myself !!

Yours Sincerely,

The PIPE....!!
Jun 30, 2011, 11:25 AM

re name the plan for RC Groups

Originally Posted by 50+AirYears View Post
Maybe the original publishers can actually use these uploads on this thread to reestablish the printing of these plans?

Many possible sources for up to date comercial reproductions for plane plans presented here have been listed in this thread.
I doubt if the original publishers (if they still exist) would be interested in reestablishing any plans. There is no money in it otherwise they would be after the Uncle Willies and other plan sellers on eBay.

So...rather than worry about the copy right, how about a few changes and re name the plan for RC Groups?

ok....deleted....
Last edited by JohnAV8R; Jun 30, 2011 at 04:11 PM.
Jun 30, 2011, 11:31 AM

Q-Tee for RC Groups

and another

.....ok....deleted

sorry everyone....

John
Last edited by JohnAV8R; Jun 30, 2011 at 04:12 PM.
Jun 30, 2011, 11:41 AM
Owner - Flying Models
WMD, I don't know why that page isn't loading. It is working fine for me in IE and Safari.

I have not seen the Peter Westburg drawings, but it sounds like I sure would like to. Cole's is pretty nice as well. I can imagine one with a 4-stroke gasser would be fantastic.

Years ago I saw a really nice Green GL in California with a Warner in it. I don't recall if it was the 145 or 165, but it sure was a looker. I was thinking my Seidel 770 might be a good option if I chose to go that large.

Thayer

Quick Reply