This thread is privately moderated by orange&white, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jun 21, 2011, 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeromeddeler
Sorry Raglafart must have missed your request.

Keil Kraft Focke Wulf 190 Rubber Power 17 with printwood

PS Have the Pander plan + article will convert to PDF and post after 11pm CET tonight

So Replikit have ceased trading. CD`s of plans were nice but had no printwood parts wonder if they will become available. ???
Many many thanks. Brilliant
Muchly appreciated
Cheers John
to remove ads between posts
Jun 21, 2011, 06:30 PM
The Swedish Yankee

Updated Plans Index

Hello All,

Here is the updated Plan Index to Post 4589.
I haven't got around to color coding the Cars & Boats yet... you little devils
I'll get to that on the next round.

Plans Request: Any more WWI bombers or two seaters out there? And I too would like to see the Travel Air 4000... and more "barnstormers". A Waco QCF-2 (aka F2 series) would be nice also. That is of course if anybody has 'em.

Have a good night all.
Swankee
Jun 21, 2011, 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeromeddeler
Vic Smeeds Pander as promised

Pander eg 100 36 & 3/4" FF scale sesquiplane ( dont know what a sesquiplane is then download the plan and read the build notes)
That's made my day!
Thanks so much Aeromeddeler
Cheers John
Jun 21, 2011, 09:14 PM
Daddy's pad when mama's mad

Some old Aeromodeller or Model Aircraft mag plans I'd like to see

Seen all these once up on a time on a internet web site the scans weren't all that good but buildable when I went back to copy them the site was long gone Maybe some of you gentlemen from across the pond can help with these

Fokker E-III for cox .010 RTP or CL flying full size plan in January 1964 issue of Aeromodeller

Great Lakes midget biplane small profile FF or CL model for .020 -.049 full size plan in September 1961 issue of Aeromodeller

Messerschmitt BF 108 Taifun by D.E. Garrett small profile FF for cox .020 full size plan in September 1963 issue of Aeromodeller

Messerschmitt Me-109 G-16 by M.F. Hawkins small true scale C/L model in November 1957 issue of Aeromodeller

Midget Mustang profile C/L racer for .5-1cc. engine full size plan in November 1962 issue of Aeromodeller

Ole Tiger small 1/2A racer by Ray Malmstrom it was a full size mag plan from the January 1970 issue of Aeromodeller (been looking for this one a long long time)

I enjoy building and flying little models like these with my kids at there school yard ok so I admit it I'm the biggest kid on the play ground Tee Hee

Thx. Kenny
Last edited by kenny e; Jun 22, 2011 at 12:53 AM.
Jun 21, 2011, 09:31 PM
Well, earlier today, I thought I uploaded a number of plans, but I was having some problems with Yahoo loosing parts of the text, or when I finished uploading a group, they didn't seem to show up anywhere. So let me start over from right after Square Hare. (I have plans loosely broken down into categories).

Going to be a bit of delay. I thought I had finished titling my JPEGS and converting to pdf. I haven't. No more than 40 or 50 RC planes to do yet.
Jun 21, 2011, 10:31 PM
I'm back. Somehow, I skipped an entire category when I was titling and converting a couple days ago. Actually, I only missed titling a couple, but didn't convert any of the planes I have listed as RC Pattern. I can hardly wait till I get to the Rubber Powered FF area. I think there are more rubber powered designs than ALL the others, RC, Powered FF, and CL together. So, here are some planes that were originally intended as pattern flyers. The interesting one is the Windmill. Text makes fascinating reading. Plane has or 5 degrees of UPTHRUST. Rudder was set up for a normal amount of right rudder (Did I say this was for old RO or Class 1 RC pattern? Rudder and Throttle only!) and 30 Degrees of left for extreme spin capability. Throttle servo was set to give 5 selectable throttle settings. This was not with today's programmable proportional systems, this was using 2 channels on a reed system that used a servo that was either at center or full throw to either side for most contol, or was a trimmable servo that slowly moved in the signalled direction until it reached full stroke, or the signal stopped. The plane was of a size that normally would usemaybe a .19 to .29, but for competition, this used a K& .45.
Jun 21, 2011, 10:36 PM
Whoops, I think this is getting to me. Here's the PDFs for the Dee Bee pages 4 and 5.
Jun 21, 2011, 10:58 PM
Here's some for those who have 'A Need For Speed', or those who love to go fast and turn left (ie. Pylon Racers).

I thought the first one, the Sliver, was an interesting design. Pylon racing with rudder, elevator, and throtle or engine shut-off. The plane was originally designed for AMA pylon racing with a Veco .19, or with a REDUCTION in wing area and widening of the fuse, it was flown in FAI pylon with a McCoy .60, the HOT engine of it's day. Just think, flying almost 90 mph with a .19, and a timed one way flight of 123 mph, with a .60 in 1960, WITHOUT AILERONS!

Anybody want to try one? I think one of today's .60's, or E equivalent, ought to be faster.
Jun 22, 2011, 12:06 AM
I'll try to see if I can get at least the majority of my scale and semi scale plans uploaded tonight before I get too tired, bored, or both. First one is an old Zundel/Signorino design from the September 1970 American Aircraft Modeler Magazine. Think of an 8' span pre WW-I that can fly (on a calm day?) on a .36.

Another is the North American A3J Vigilante. It was originally designed as a high speed nuclear bomber, which laid its egg backwards from the tail, hopefully at the forward velocity of the aircraft while directly over the target, effectively giving the bomb a 0 horizontal velocity. Should haved dropped straight down for almost absolute accuracy. Apparently, it didn't work that way. Plane served in Viet Nam as a high speed Navy photo reccon.

In Brasil, I had the opportunity to be a passenger on an FAB C-45 in 1967. Pilot had originally learned to fly fighters with the USAF, P-51s and P-47s. (at that time, FAB was still flying PBY5As and P-47s. Maybe they still had P-51s.) Flew that C-45 like it were a fighter, or maybe a ground attack bomber. 220 Km flight, including a buzz job that was picking gravel off the highway and hitting the fuse, followed by a near veticle zoom climb to avoid trees. Luckily, they had several empty box lunch boxes. Couple of us refilled them.

The JD-1, Navy version of the USAAC Douglas A-26 is an interesting semi-scale model twin. I believe they made the wing chord a bit wider than scale to make sure they had adequate wing area. Also, since it was designed in the days of reed outfits, no modern proportional, an engine out condition could get real serious real quickly. the designer, Bob Doell, came up with a centrifugal system on the engines to operate an auxillary servo to trigger an engine shut-off if either engine cut out. I think JOMAR had an electronic system to throttle back the running engine in that situation. Don't know if JOMAR is still active, though.

Well, I've said before that when I'm in the upload wait, I read. Current book is E. R. Burroughs Tarzan of the Apes. Tarzan has just rescued Jane Porter from Terkoz, king of Tarzan's former Great Ape tribe. Of course, unlike most of the movies, the book wil end with Tarzan finding out he will be able to marry Jane. And in the other 23 Tarzan novels, again contrary to many movies, Tarzan and Jane remain married. In Church, even.

Well, it's now after 1:00 AM, and early in the morning, I need to take my neighbor's son to a job interview. He's just out of the USMC. So, I guess that's enough uploading for tonight. I'll be BAAHCK! Only about 129 more RC planes from this group to process.
Last edited by 50+AirYears; Jun 23, 2011 at 12:07 PM. Reason: Forgot last 2 pages of Antoinette.
Jun 22, 2011, 02:00 AM
AMA 667982 KG7NKY
Just a small bit off topic. 50+ I noticed in an earlier post that you were supporting two anti-virus programs. Your not running both on the same computer are you?
Jun 22, 2011, 03:42 AM
WMD
WMD
Womble of Model Depiction

Couple more plans

These two plans have just been emailed in to me, and I haven't seen either of them before. 'Banana Fritter' by Dick Twomey 30" span original design from 1950, modified in 2000 to suite P-30. And the 'Sunday Sportster' by Ken Willard, sadly this one is not high resolution, all we have is this jpg.
Last edited by WMD; Jun 22, 2011 at 03:55 AM.
Jun 22, 2011, 04:59 AM
Vertically Challenged...
I love that Banana Fritter, that's going to get built!

Thanks WMD!

Bert
Jun 22, 2011, 05:18 AM
Sunday Sportster - pdf`d and full sized Imperial of course

35&1/2" span or for the rest of the world 904mm

Honest I never meant to upset anybody
Jun 22, 2011, 07:11 AM

Paddy's Pig

Hi Guys

Here's a little basic trainer designed for the Sterling single channel proportional radio. Would be fun with a small 3ch and a .10 - .15 or an electric.

Sure and begora with a name like Paddy's Pig it should be covered in orange solarfilm and decorated with green shamrocks

Enjoy

Sr. Falcon
Jun 22, 2011, 07:41 AM
High Exalted Poohbah
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edubarca
Hello Rufus, why didn't you tell me before? I have the Sterling Mr. Mulligan plan, control line 32" wingspan. I will scan it and rush it to you so you can restore and post it here.
Rush away Eduardo! I'm looking forward to it.

Planeman (Rufus)

Quick Reply