This thread is privately moderated by orange&white, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jun 21, 2011, 05:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pd1
I have never heard of this plane.
Nice looking, but I would never try to fly the full sized, no forward or downward visibility.
But I might make a model of it.

Thanks.

Paul
lot more info on it here

http://www.fiddlersgreen.net/models/...essna-CR3.html
to remove ads between posts
Jun 21, 2011, 05:15 AM
*jj
*jj
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody's Neighbour
Replikit ceased trading a couple of months' ago.

Bert
www.model-plans.co.uk has the old KK etc plans as well.
Jun 21, 2011, 05:21 AM
pd1
pd1
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeromeddeler
Thanks, a lot of good info there.
Jun 21, 2011, 06:07 AM
Sic itur ad Astra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Circlip
Just to fan the flames, Proper metric users work in millimeters

Centimeters are used by school kids and knitters.

Regards Ian.
Agreed

And I too like the Cess CR 3. Another good future subject I think!
Last edited by sparks59; Jun 21, 2011 at 06:30 AM. Reason: added comment on CR3
Jun 21, 2011, 07:46 AM
Can these great DeBolt vintage pattern designs, like the Intercepter, please be posted in correct size PDF's so we "land liners" can tile them, please. Many thanks for your help in advance. 50+ has provided some great plans but, in my case anyway, the dang 'puter keeps timing out or I lose the line continuity when enlarging the plan file.

Soft landings,

Joe
Jun 21, 2011, 08:37 AM
50+ Air Years, thank you very much for the P-61 Black Widow and the Sterling plans, really a great gift, at least for me

I will study the P-61 parts in order to try to understand the way the parts match together.

Thank you again
Jun 21, 2011, 09:19 AM

Cessna CR-3

I have two plans for the Cessna CR-2 and two for th CR-3. The CR-3 plans are kind of rough, but I think you can build from them.
Vince
Jun 21, 2011, 09:29 AM
High Exalted Poohbah
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50+AirYears
Boy, I almost ignored these. As I said earlier, shortly before I got laid off, I was starting to scan old Sterling plans and traced parts sheets. I was using a 36" bed scanner as part of the company's record system. Used for a lot of things, both company and G-job. Company was pretty liberal about letting us use things like scnners, lab equipment, and machine shop after work. We even had a couple ODBII scanners actually for our development work, but which could be borrowed for a weekend or overnight. Even took home a couple high speed 4 channel o'scopes a couple times.

Anyway, I was going to leave these for another time, but then decided to look them over, and found that while I do have a few pages as large as 16+ Mb, most are under the 3.0 Mb limit for uploading PDFs, so here is something a little bit different!

Just before I got out of the AF in 1968, I raided the PX and bought quite a large collection of Sterling kits, including this Catalina cruiser, the Battleship Missouri, and the C-2 Freight American Scout, the extra cost fittings kits, and 3 of the larger Sterling motors. I only had time to scan the plans, not the parts sheets.
I love this boat 50+AirYears!!! Please give us all of your Sterling scans! I really hope you can give us the Sterling 'Mr. Mulligan" U-control plan. This one is the one I made my mother buy when I was eight years old. I took it home and got my Dad to build it as I watched. This model was far beyond my capabilities then but I quickly learned from this. It was the first model airplane I ever saw or "built", built being in quotation marks as it was my Dad who really did the building.

Planeman
Jun 21, 2011, 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raglafart
Can anyone help with the plans of the Kiel Kraft rubber scale Focke Wulf 190 please.
This was the first model I ever made at my grandmothers house back in the late 50's.
I used my grandads old safety razor blades broken in half to cut out the bits! boy that was tough on the fingers. Must have been about 8 or 9 at the time!
I have no idea what happened to it, but would like to do one just for nostalgia.

I almost forgot, does anyone have a PDF of the Vic Smeed Pander EG100 . It was a FF Scale model of 36” span.
Many thanks
John
Sorry Raglafart must have missed your request.

Keil Kraft Focke Wulf 190 Rubber Power 17 ” with printwood

PS Have the Pander plan + article will convert to PDF and post after 11pm CET tonight

So Replikit have ceased trading. CD`s of plans were nice but had no printwood parts wonder if they will become available. ???
Last edited by aeromeddeler; Jun 21, 2011 at 10:12 AM. Reason: could help further
Jun 21, 2011, 10:31 AM
Thank you for this one Aeromeddler, nice to see a KK plan with the essential printwood turn up on here.
We have had almost the full set of the Veron Truflite equivalents with printwood (thank you Vloustalot) so it would be great to have as many as we can of the KK range as well. I think most of us in the UK cut our teeth on these pocket money scale flying models....I know I did.

If I recall the price was around 5/- in my day (25p) until I moved to Airfix plastic kits in the little poly bag....they were cheaper at 2/- (10p)......ahhh happy days....

Regards

Bridon
Jun 21, 2011, 10:44 AM
Daddy's pad when mama's mad

Keil Kraft printwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeromeddeler
Sorry Raglafart must have missed your request.

Keil Kraft Focke Wulf 190 Rubber Power 17 with printwood

PS Have the Pander plan + article will convert to PDF and post after 11pm CET tonight

So Replikit have ceased trading. CD`s of plans were nice but had no printwood parts wonder if they will become available. ???
Most likely just takes the printwood and a scanner to get it all started

Will Replikit be back in the future ? who know. seens to me thay where tring to sell Ford's at a Rolls Royce price. I'm betting sales where not that good at least here in the states.
Last edited by kenny e; Jun 21, 2011 at 11:37 AM. Reason: misspelling
Jun 21, 2011, 11:43 AM
pd1
pd1
I just lost every PDF in my computer.
I downloaded a program to convert PDFs to JPGs so I could work with them in my older version of Photoshop.
The "free" program converted all pdfs on my hard drive to a new format that I couldn't open.
Fortunately I could reset my computer back a couple of days and re installing Acrobat reader restored my PDFs. I only lost the last three days of PDFs.

Watch out for PDFlite software, it might have unintended results.
Jun 21, 2011, 12:19 PM
You sabotaged my plane.
Quote:
Originally Posted by starcad
Thanks for including the Das Ugly Stick 50+, I'm very pleased to see this is added to your collection. Man, to think I drew that over 10 years ago. What a trip.
Time flys when you are having fun.

Jim
Jun 21, 2011, 12:23 PM
Glad you got most of them back! A question: can you tile the JPGs in Photoshop? I haven't been able to use the JPGs for building so was curious.

Soft landings,

Joe
Jun 21, 2011, 02:03 PM
Great CR-3 and CR-2 plans, one which I hadn't seen before. This thread continues to be an amazing trove.

I figure squeaky wheel gets the grease so please don't mind my asking again, but I am still in search of a good Travel Air 4000 plan for free flight rubber or the like that could be converted. I have a couple of sheets for the 2000 model, and I realize the only real difference is firewall-forward, but I'd like to find the 4000 nonetheless. It was such a popular civil aircraft in the late 20's and into the 30's. Surely there is a plan out there somewhere?

Quick Reply