This thread is privately moderated by orange&white, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jun 20, 2011, 07:01 PM

Some nice italin vintage plans here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edubarca
Several comments:

2) Metric system is logical, imperial system is not!!!! I do sincerely hope that the US finally eliminates that stupid inch and sticks to centimetres
24 hours in a day 12 months in a year 365 days in a year I do hope the rest of the world get rid of that stupid metric system
Edubarca its what you were brought up with in the UK the youngsters are taught metric at school now yet when fishing I used to hear its 6ft deep here, just caught a 4 and a half pounder ect. I can roughly visulise any imperial measurement give me the same measurement in metric and I have to consult the oracle.

Vintage Italian Plans whilst researching wingspans for outerzone plans iI stumbled across the Italian site with eight nice vintage plans

http://www.sam2001.it/ then click on I disegni
to remove ads between posts
Jun 20, 2011, 07:07 PM

Looking for Global CUTLASS10 kit plans?

Hello, I,m looking for plans for the Global QUALITY KITS CUTLASS10. I understand they made a 40 size also. Purchased a kit off EBAY and kit had no plans inside. will be greatfull for the help.
Jun 20, 2011, 07:12 PM
Edubarca
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeromeddeler
24 hours in a day 12 months in a year 365 days in a year I do hope the rest of the world get rid of that stupid metric system
Edubarca its what you were brought up with in the UK the youngsters are taught metric at school now yet when fishing I used to hear its 6ft deep here, just caught a 4 and a half pounder ect. I can roughly visulise any imperial measurement give me the same measurement in metric and I have to consult the oracle.

Vintage Italian Plans whilst researching wingspans for outerzone plans iI stumbled across the Italian site with eight nice vintage plans

http://www.sam2001.it/ then click on I disegni
The stupid system is imperial. Why is it then that the majority of the countries worldwide use centimetres and not inches? because metric is logical easy to use!
Jun 20, 2011, 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edubarca
The stupid system is imperial. Why is it then that the majority of the countries worldwide use centimetres and not inches? because metric is logical easy to use!
some drive on the left some on the right,some use imperial some use metric as the french say vive la difference
Last edited by aeromeddeler; Jun 20, 2011 at 08:34 PM. Reason: no image
Jun 20, 2011, 09:09 PM
Isaiah 40:31

Cessna CR-3

Any one have the Cessna CR-3?
Jun 20, 2011, 10:21 PM
Sic itur ad Astra

metric - imperial debate

Chill out guys.
I was brought up in the UK with both systems.
I prefer metric for almost everything to do with engineering measurements, but when modeling I still buy imperial wood sizes, weight in oz, spans in inches. Its not a problem really.

The numbers and decimals are easier in metric, but not that hard in the old system.
sparks
Jun 20, 2011, 10:25 PM
Actually, I have rulers in 1/10", 1/50" 1/100". Still use them nowadays at 67. Might be starting to get hard, last eye check showed I'm having a baby-a baby catarac.

I've been using both Imperial and SI since High School Chem and Algebra II about 1960-61. Also both Temperature, Weight/Mass, and Distances interchangeably. When I was stationed in Libya, I used to drive AF vehicles on off-base assignments without speeding just by multiplying the posted speed in kph by 8 and dividing by 5. Got close enough.

Actually, I believe the current Imperial system is no longer based on things like barleycorns or the length of the King's forearm. Most units have been converted to similar things as the SI.
Jun 20, 2011, 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks59
Chill out guys.
I was brought up in the UK with both systems.
I prefer metric for almost everything to do with engineering measurements, but when modeling I still buy imperial wood sizes, weight in oz, spans in inches. Its not a problem really.

The numbers and decimals are easier in metric, but not that hard in the old system.
sparks
Same here. And working in manufacturing, I have to jump between both systems on a daily basis...

With the automotive industry leading the way, it will only be a matter of time...
Jun 20, 2011, 11:15 PM

Global cutlass 10

I built this kit a while ago, and I think I kept the plan. I'll try to get it scanned and post it here. Stay tuned.
Last edited by PeterH; Jun 20, 2011 at 11:17 PM. Reason: netbook keyboard disease induced typos
Old Jun 21, 2011, 12:40 AM
50+AirYears
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Copyright infringement. It is temporarily hidden while 50+AirYears edits it.
Jun 21, 2011, 02:10 AM
AMA 667982 KG7NKY
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50+AirYears
Let's see if I can get these (25?) plans loaded. A couple uploads I did today went through fairly quickly, while later things slowed down patheticly.

Started to say that Luck intruded, and uploads were happening quickly, then the Webpage timed out, and I seem to have lost what I'd uploaded.

Well, if at first you don't succeed and all that.

Cement Mixer - a very interesting rudder only pusher from around 1950-51.
Das Ugly Stick - A CAD rendition of a later Vintage Classic.
Das Liddle Stick - A reduced size versin of the .60 sized Ugly Stick.
3 old Berkeley designs. May already have been uploaded previously, not sure. May even have downloaded them from here. Been handling so many files for the last few months, I sometimes loose track.
Kwick FLy, a classic by IIRC Phil Kraft.
Lil Esquire, an .049 version of an early Midwest .15 powered RO classic.
Thanks for including the Das Ugly Stick 50+, I'm very pleased to see this is added to your collection. Man, to think I drew that over 10 years ago. What a trip.
Jun 21, 2011, 03:09 AM
The dog ate my clearance
Great stuff, 50+ years. Thanks for your efforts.
Jun 21, 2011, 04:52 AM
pd1
pd1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rc capo
Any one have the Cessna CR-3?
I have never heard of this plane.
Nice looking, but I would never try to fly the full sized, no forward or downward visibility.
But I might make a model of it.

Thanks.

Paul
Jun 21, 2011, 04:56 AM
Just to fan the flames, Proper metric users work in millimeters

Centimeters are used by school kids and knitters.

Regards Ian.

Quick Reply