This thread is privately moderated by orange&white, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jun 26, 2010, 03:07 AM
Daddy's pad when mama's mad
Thanks Scott
Sadly I have to call it a night. but I have a couple hundred more to go so I'll be back
to remove ads between posts
Jun 26, 2010, 03:14 AM
Scott R/C Time Pilot
Thread OP
72" Guff
Jun 26, 2010, 12:40 PM
High Exalted Poohbah
I just found this thread this afternoon. Great idea! From now on I will post my plans here. Lets keep it going.

I will begin by posting a write-up I was asked to do for the International Free Flight Symposium that gives step-by-step instructions on how I prepare my plans using Photoshop. If you can scrounge a version of Photoshop you only need to know how to open a file in Photoshop to begin learning.

. . . Well, I tried to post the version of the instructions that has all of the color screen captures that illustrate the procedures but I find the file size is larger than is permitted for this website. I will post the stripped-down version with no color screen captures. Should anyone want the full version, just write me at rufus.carswell@yahoo.com and I will e-mail it to you.

Please post any questions you may have and I'll do my best to answer them here so we all can learn.

Planeman
Jun 26, 2010, 01:12 PM

Good deal Planeman

Glad you found us Planeman. guess if thay come to take you to that big copyright prison I'll be next I've been posting some my self (bad boy). so far I only been showing you the little critters I found roaming the range in free enternet (public domain). some have been out there for a couple years with out any copyright problems. and others I have taken the time to archive from internet links now dead and gone remember that great old Comet site from Russia not that long ago.
Last edited by kenny e; Jun 26, 2010 at 02:55 PM.
Jun 26, 2010, 04:04 PM
Got to tell you that the majority of the stuff were posting isn't making anyone any money. As a matter of fact, the more people we can encourage to build, via free plans, the better for the hobby as a whole. When people build planes they need "suff", lots of "stuff" that helps keep people in business. As for the designers of most of the antique and nostalgia designs that are being posted, they've long since passed with only a few remaining...and I don't think their complaining.
Jun 26, 2010, 05:11 PM
TEAM OZSKUNKWORX
Quote:
Originally Posted by tri-pacer
Got to tell you that the majority of the stuff were posting isn't making anyone any money. As a matter of fact, the more people we can encourage to build, via free plans, the better for the hobby as a whole. When people build planes they need "suff", lots of "stuff" that helps keep people in business. As for the designers of most of the antique and nostalgia designs that are being posted, they've long since passed with only a few remaining...and I don't think their complaining.
I agree lets keep posting PDFs here

Shane
Jun 26, 2010, 05:53 PM
I agree too.....I feel that lots of aeromodelling history would just evaporate in thin air, if there was no plans restoration/sharing on the internet.
Many old designs have floated around for decades, under doubtful and shifting "ownerships".
No one (or very few) has an interest in offering the material to modellers, and mind, lots of it is dug out of oblivion by true enthusiasts.......I cannot really see who we "steal" from....

Additionally, I have a strong feel that works of existing/active designers, generally have been/are treated with due respect on this forum.....

Jun 26, 2010, 06:01 PM
TEAM OZSKUNKWORX
How can you convert GIF and JPEG files to PDF i have many oldtimer designs in these formats and want to convert them.

Thanks Shane
Jun 26, 2010, 06:20 PM
gif to jpg can be converted in either direction with paintshop that comes with Windows. There are any number of free software sites that will convert to pdf.
Jun 26, 2010, 06:29 PM
Scott R/C Time Pilot
Thread OP
I have Acrobat 9, I can help you out.

Email it to me at: 31tudor@charter.net
Jun 26, 2010, 07:02 PM
High Exalted Poohbah
There are FREE programs at this website that will convert to and from .PDF files.

http://www.osalt.com/

Look under the "Graphic Applications" directory on the top-left side of the main page. Lots of other good stuff here. GimpShop is a free rough equivalent to Photoshop. Note that the FREE programs are toward the BOTTOM of the pages under OPEN SOURCE SOFTWARE.

Planeman
Jun 26, 2010, 07:07 PM

Tiff. files

How about tiff. files will thay be ok for posting here at lest half my collection is in this file type
Jun 26, 2010, 09:05 PM
You sabotaged my plane.
Quote:
Originally Posted by planeman
. . . Well, I tried to post the version of the instructions that has all of the color screen captures that illustrate the procedures but I find the file size is larger than is permitted for this website. I will post the stripped-down version with no color screen captures. Should anyone want the full version, just write me at rufus.carswell@yahoo.com and I will e-mail it to you.

Planeman
We also are hosting Planemans full version of the instuctions here at http://www.popularrc.com/ Note the article title "Model Airplane plan Restoration"

Many thanks to Planeman for all the good information.

Jim
Jun 26, 2010, 09:32 PM
High Exalted Poohbah
Another old plan, the Hummingbird, a 32" wingspan half-A cabin free flight by Paul Plecan from Flying Models. I have no date, but if Paul Plecan designed it it must be from the 1940s or maybe 1950s. This was one of those plans that was chopped up and ran on four magazine pages so I had to re-lay it out to show it fully assembled and to show both wing and stab panels. The layout isn't as balanced as I would like but what the hell. Does anyone have a specific date?

Planeman

Quick Reply