This thread is privately moderated by orange&white, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jun 13, 2011, 11:47 AM
WMD
WMD
Womble of Model Depiction

Mini Super

re the Mini Super plan request, I have a lead now on a copy of the plan that may hopefully be along in a little while, thanks MS.

RFJ - Thanks Ray, that's good stuff, I love the advert. They really don't make them like that anymore.

JohnsPop - Thanks. That's an interesting model, and it looks tried and tested. I'm kind of holding out for the (to me) 'real thing' I guess just have my heart set on the Mini Super now.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 13, 2011, 12:08 PM
WMD
WMD
Quote:
Originally Posted by packardpursuit
Any chance we could start a cover art thread, featuring all that good stuff from the good old days?
A big thumbs up from me, too. I really like the idea of printing some old magazine covers up at say A3 size, so I could use them as posters on the wall. That would be great.
Jun 13, 2011, 12:25 PM
RFJ
RFJ
Quote:
I have a lead now on a copy of the plan
Here perhaps? Used it a couple of times - excellent service and good quality plans.

http://www.model-plans.co.uk/keil%20kraft.htm

Ray
Last edited by RFJ; Jun 13, 2011 at 12:33 PM.
Jun 13, 2011, 12:47 PM
WMD
WMD
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFJ
Here perhaps? Used it a couple of times - excellent service and good quality plans. Ray
No, not from there. I got an email from a helpful user on here, is all.

Steve.
Jun 13, 2011, 10:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by packardpursuit
Any chance we could start a cover art thread, featuring all that good stuff from the good old days?
I've got all the Model Builder covers scanned, with the exception of May, 1996. I'd be happy to share them, as long as I'm not breaking any rules regarding copyrights. The only downside is, they're all high-resolution scans...most of the files are in the 3-4 mb range.
Jun 14, 2011, 08:28 AM
For some neat cover art see here:
http://www.smallflyingartsforum.com/...04392946/49#49

scrubs
Jun 14, 2011, 09:27 AM
ParkScaleModels
Guys, I'd really appreciate some input from the readers of this thread. I'm interested in resurrecting and producing some laser cut kits of vintage designs and am looking for ideas of which designs to do.

I started a new thread HERE to start getting ideas of which designs you would like to see redesigned and produced as a laser cut, electric RC kit. I'm not interested in copyright infringement, so please, only designs that are now considered part of the public domain.

Thanks!
-Zeke
Jun 14, 2011, 09:44 AM

Cover Art

One of my favorites, best copy I have at the time. R
Jun 14, 2011, 11:53 AM
Sorry, error in entry. Will try again.
Last edited by Bernie 1930; Jun 14, 2011 at 01:54 PM.
Jun 14, 2011, 12:54 PM

Fairey Albacore

This is an old Towner plan. I've reduced the original scan by 50% for posting purposes.
Jun 14, 2011, 01:03 PM

'30s Ramblings

Hello again folks. Was just waxing nostalgic while I looked at some of your old magazine posts. When I was a kid (maybe 9 or 10) back in the pre-war 1930s there used to be ready made flying models (probably from Japan) that were made from a kind of wire soldered together, open fuselage not covered, wings and tail covered in very light silk. They had a wing span of about 12 -14" and were rubber powered. Used to be able to buy them at department store toy counters. I don't recall how well they flew, but they were a real work of art; delicate, neat and cheap. Since they were ready made, imported toys, I know there were no kits or plans for them. Just wondered if anyone else remembers them. Who knows, maybe even has an old photo of one. Carry on boys, and happy landings. Bernie1930
Jun 14, 2011, 01:21 PM
You sabotaged my plane.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie 1930
Good Afternoon Folks: Don't know if I'm doing a "bad thing" or not but here comes a pdf file of a Consolidated PT-1 (rubber/scale). My thanks for all the many plans you have posted at my request. I hope my friends MM and Planeman can use them. Bernie 1930

Nice one. This one is perfect to be blown up and made electric RC.
Thanks,
Jim
Jun 14, 2011, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Hello again folks. Was just waxing nostalgic while I looked at some of your old magazine posts. When I was a kid (maybe 9 or 10) back in the pre-war 1930s there used to be ready made flying models (probably from Japan) that were made from a kind of wire soldered together, open fuselage not covered, wings and tail covered in very light silk. They had a wing span of about 12 -14" and were rubber powered. Used to be able to buy them at department store toy counters. I don't recall how well they flew, but they were a real work of art; delicate, neat and cheap. Since they were ready made, imported toys, I know there were no kits or plans for them. Just wondered if anyone else remembers them. Who knows, maybe even has an old photo of one. Carry on boys, and happy landings. Bernie1930
I remember them. It must have been maybe 1955 or so when I used to see them in dime stores. Seems to me Bill Hannan had a pic or two in one of his books.

scrubs
Jun 14, 2011, 02:32 PM
Daddy's pad when mama's mad

I rember them

Quote:
Thay still sold them in the 60's if thay are the same ones I had not sure with out pictures tho I do remember the ones I was buying came In many different colors.
Jun 14, 2011, 04:43 PM

Fairy Albacore full size

Quote:
Originally Posted by nibor
This is an old Towner plan. I've reduced the original scan by 50% for posting purposes.
Thanks for posting its a Lovely plan.
Excuse the pun but Towner certainly went to town on his plans.
Now did you mean you mean you reduced the plan to 20% because as posted it was about 9" by 10" . Have full sized I hope. Perhaps you can check it against your original as I have had to go by the 43" span quoted on the plan.

Quick Reply