Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
This thread is privately moderated by orange&white, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jun 07, 2011, 10:07 PM
I think those first two are of a Westland Widgeon.

Martin
to remove ads between posts
Jun 07, 2011, 11:15 PM
That aside, here's some more submissions. If you think I missed anything, don't hesitate to let me know. Maybe I can in time find the original mag and make a correction. And if something isn't quite square, just remember a lot of these mags are so old and poorly maintained, they tear or powder during handling. I had to throw out many page pieces or entire remnants of mags because of their fragility. I'm very happy to get this opportunity to do these uploads before it's all lost. Wish I'd had this thread, and the scanner, 10 or 15 years ago. I could have uploaded 3 or 4 times as many plans and articles.

I've been wanting to build the Simmple Flyman since the original magazine was in my grubby mitts in 1952. Petit Pete looks like a natural for small RC. I seem to recal having been told by a fellow SAM member that there was a possible error on the Latore Alert plan, Apparently, IIRC, the wing chord on the wing plan segment, and maybe the span, were slightly smaller than they should be. Also, always wanted to buyild a Zomby or Banshee, but for some reason was always spooked by the short nose moments.
Jun 07, 2011, 11:24 PM
gram obsessive
Help please!!

Please, is it possible for someone to clean up the Walt Mooney "Porterfield Collegate"
Plan?!? It's too irresistible!

Thank you,

T.B.
Jun 08, 2011, 12:08 AM
Only about quarter after midnight, so lets see if I can finish this batch. This takes more time here at home than it did at my son's house. His computer uploads a lot faster. During an upload there, I could get in maybe 1, 1.25 pages read. Here, I can get about 3 pages. Currently reading Larry Niven's Juggler of Worlds. Events 200 years before the discovery of the Ringworld.
Jun 08, 2011, 02:50 AM
WMD
WMD
Womble of Model Depiction
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.B.
Please, is it possible for someone to clean up the Walt Mooney "Porterfield Collegate" Plan?!? It's too irresistible!
I had a quick go at cleaning it up before posting it on outerzone yesterday as - http://www.outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=1186 -so thats a slightly cleaner (and more lined up) copy. Hope that helps? No doubt a better version can still be done though. It's not massive resolution.
Jun 08, 2011, 02:52 AM
Daddy's pad when mama's mad

Lining pages up in the scanner

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny e
Any Chance you can straighten the pages in the scanner window on this one its a little blurry
It was just a suggestion 50+ I look at it this way if its worth doing then its worth tring to do right. you have a treasure trove of rear gems even though the mags are in poor shape and falling apart thay can still be scanned properly. and sents you already seem willing to put in the time needed to do that just a tad little more attention to detail is all it takes so then the pages can be restored back to like new or better condition. it never hurts to try any way thanks for sharing the scans with us.

kenny
Jun 08, 2011, 03:05 AM

After All

We did turn this
Last edited by kenny e; Jun 08, 2011 at 03:10 AM.
Jun 08, 2011, 03:12 AM

In to this

Thanks for posting this one

Kenny
Jun 08, 2011, 11:21 AM
LHS Life Support System
CL, FF and Rubber powered are great but aren't there any vintage RC plans to post too?
Jun 08, 2011, 12:20 PM
I love SHINER. Now there is a candidate for electric r/c. Thanks George
Jun 08, 2011, 02:35 PM
My dad built and flew a Shiner in the summer of 1962. I built and flew a Shiner in the mid 1970s. Maybe it's time to build another one.
Jun 08, 2011, 05:04 PM

Never trust every plan

Both of the Heath Parasol plans posted by 50+ required some work to stitch together to give a buildable plan. I much perfer my plan files to be in one sheet as this makes them able to be saved as jpg or extracted from PDF in a graphic format that can be loaded into tile print or isiplot.

The main Conover plan was to small easy enough to expand to full size. The part sheet was far to large easy enough to shrik as the wing cord is shown as 4" les 1/8 LE and 1/4 TE or 0.375". this means the wing rib W1 is 4" - 0.375 or 3.625" Using the measure tool just measure the W1 rib and divide the result into 3.625" as the W1 rib is to large and multiply the page size by the result. This should shrink the page including rib W1 which should now measure 3.625".

The Charlebois plan was very strange. The starboard (right ) wingtip is cut off and shown just below the main wing to get the image onto 1 page. The rest of the pages of the plan were fine. Despite being on the same sheet there was no way that the wingtip could ever be made to fit the main wing. I then copied the port tip flipped it and even this did not fit without a bit of cutting and pasteing to get a suitable fit. Perhaps a case for building the left half on the back of the as so many plans do.
Last edited by aeromeddeler; Jun 12, 2011 at 04:32 AM. Reason: westland not heath
Jun 08, 2011, 05:29 PM
WMD
WMD
Womble of Model Depiction
Nice work. Sorry, but the Conover plan is of a Westland Widgeon, not a Heath Parasol. This just down to how 50+ labelled it wrong in the first place. Not your bad.
Jun 08, 2011, 05:41 PM
Some more from the pages of Aeromodeller including a R/C for dmontbans.
Actually plenty of R/C plans have been posted just need a bit of work to search them out.

Bristol Monoplane Scout. 48" span FF Aeromodeller June 1960

Shakleton M.R.3. 61" span total power 5-6 cc C/L AeromodellerDecember 1959

Gasser 40" Span R/C for 1.5 - 2.5 cc Aeromodeller November 1959

Duplex Delta Peter Hollands weired CL model. Aeromodeller November 1959

Quick Reply