Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
This thread is privately moderated by orange&white, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 20, 2011, 04:10 PM
AMA 8711, FCC K4WZA

Towner's B-17G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old guy
Hi Guys does anyone have scans of Towner's B17-g for rubber power?
Here's the Astral kit by Towner.
-Dave Plumpe
to remove ads between posts
May 20, 2011, 09:04 PM

Airspeed Courier

Here is the Airspeed Courier from the June 1966 Model Aircraft magazine. I've simply scanned the 8 pages of the plan with some overlap - print off, and tape together and there you go.
May 20, 2011, 09:28 PM
I seem to recall Model builder had a Peanut scale 14-Bis, and I think I remember a smaller, maybe .15 sized RC version was also published, possibly also in Model Builder. The Bill Northrup plan service may have them available, Sometime in the next month or two, I may be able to upload at least the rubber version.

I also recall reading that until the 1908 Paris Air Show, Santos-Dumont and other aviators in Europe (Santos-Dumont was Brasillian) coupdn't accept the idea that a couple American bicycle mechanics had been able to achieve powered flight as early as 1903. The viewpoint was reinforced when the Wright Brothers had early structural problems during the ship passage across the Atlantic. Most of the planes at the time were able to do little more than fly in short straight lines or stagger around very large unbanked partial circles. Everybody was stunned when the Wright machine took off, flew figure 8's within the confines of the aerodrome, and was setting altitude and endurance records almost every flight, with flights exceeding 20 minutes. People became believers. Some of the European aviators got quite depressed.

I also remember an episode of Paul Harvey's "The Rest of the Story" giving credit to Santos-Dumot for the invention of the wrist-watch. He had found it very inconvenient to use a pocket watch to time his flights (no fuel guages at that time!), so he asked around for a better idea. A jeweler (Cartier's?) came up with a watch modified to strap to Alberto's wrist.

A couple of my Brasillian in-laws still argue with me that Alberto Santos-Dumont was the first to fly, well before the Wright brothers. In a sense, he did fly before them, in a series of powered dirigible or blimp like balloons.

It was interesting to read the dedication to him inscribed on the base of Cristo Redemptor in Rio.
May 20, 2011, 09:56 PM

Breguet Atlantic

Another multi-page scan but not one for the fainthearted. This comes from the Dec 1969 issue of Le Modele Reduit D'Avion. Just figuring out the plan is daunting - they sure crammed a lot of information on a few pages. Maybe some brave soul can manage to build one.
May 20, 2011, 10:24 PM

Aerofliyte Humm Bug

Hello,

Can anybody help me with the Australian Aeroflyte Humm Bug, This kit only came with are build sheet which I already have but I'm in need I somebody that may have this kit to photocopy the parts or trace them for me. This model has become very hard to obtain, so I would be more than happy to say the least if some one can help me on this.

Thanks Steve.
May 20, 2011, 10:52 PM

Spitfire

Here's a Spitfire MK xiv from Aeromodeller Oct 1958.
I did this as an exercise to see just how good and long it took to clean it up.
There's about 8 plus hours in it!!!! well the way I do it anyway!
I use a combination of Window picture manager that has just a couple of features that I've so far not found in CS3.
Much of the removing of all the little dots around the edge of things is a real pain and just takes lots of time and perseverance.
Any way hope you like it. I have a much cleaner and higher res scan if anyone wants one, if so pm me with an email address.
Cheers John
May 20, 2011, 10:59 PM
Aircraft re-kitter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie 1930
Unfortunately one page is in a blue tint.
GIMP photo manipulation tool
love the thread.
May 21, 2011, 05:02 AM
Thanks Ergocentric for getting rid of the blue tint. I suppose that was done to discourage making copies. B-30
May 21, 2011, 08:05 AM
michigan jet guy
does any one here have plans for the sterling momocoupe 36' control line. Have an old kit no plans.Phil
May 21, 2011, 08:17 AM
*jj
*jj
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50+AirYears
I also recall reading that until the 1908 Paris Air Show, Santos-Dumont and other aviators in Europe (Santos-Dumont was Brasillian) coupdn't accept the idea that a couple American bicycle mechanics had been able to achieve powered flight as early as 1903. The viewpoint was reinforced when the Wright Brothers had early structural problems during the ship passage across the Atlantic. Most of the planes at the time were able to do little more than fly in short straight lines or stagger around very large unbanked partial circles. Everybody was stunned when the Wright machine took off, flew figure 8's within the confines of the aerodrome, and was setting altitude and endurance records almost every flight, with flights exceeding 20 minutes. People became believers. Some of the European aviators got quite depressed.
In fact, the 'Miracle at Le Mans' gave an enormous boost to flight: it was REALLY possible! This is part of the Wrights' real importance

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50+AirYears
A couple of my Brasillian in-laws still argue with me that Alberto Santos-Dumont was the first to fly, well before the Wright brothers. In a sense, he did fly before them, in a series of powered dirigible or blimp like balloons.
It was actually Sir George Cayley's coachman, fifty years before either S-D or the Wrights (or any of the other pioneers)!
May 21, 2011, 08:23 AM

Bis 14 Plans

The Pipe,

Not the plan you asked for but still a plan of the Bis 14.

MM
May 21, 2011, 09:16 AM
Bernie 1930,

Thanks for posting the drawings of the PT-3.

I also sent you a PM.

Regards

MM
May 21, 2011, 01:43 PM
Who let the dogs out?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhodgson
Is there a Keil Kraft 'Fleetwing' and 'Gyron' out there?
I have a Single-Channel pal Glyn with a KK Gyron. I asked him, and he thinks there was no plan in the kit, all the wood being marked so as to make a plan unnecessary.
He did however send me the Aeromodeller review of the Gyron, which conveniently includes annotated drawings, see attachments.

His current S/C Gyron (which unfortunately he lost recently, a flyaway) was built from the drawings attached. He used the Dave Platt Halftone wing section which I'm guessing is a clarke Y.

Cheers
Phil
May 21, 2011, 02:25 PM
Referring to a previous post, are Wubber models built by people who watch "Wow Wow Wubbzy with children or grandchildren?
Interesting show.
May 21, 2011, 03:43 PM
AMA 8711, FCC K4WZA

Consolidated PT-3 Nieto 3-view

This is from August & September 1950 MAN. Sure wish the mags back then printed sharper images.
-Dave P.

Quick Reply