Vintage & Old-Timer Plans PRE 1960 PLANS ONLY - Page 27 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
This thread is privately moderated by orange&white, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Sep 02, 2010, 08:00 PM

Cobra Article

Hi Scott,

Thanks for the tip. I have posted the files to the site requested by Happymcc, https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1297935.

Hope it shows up ,
Henry
to remove ads between posts
Sep 02, 2010, 08:07 PM
I USE CAPS - EYE TROUBLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by bascom32423
I have the Cobra Article from SAM Talk and I've scanned it. How do I up-load?

Henry
Nice I look forward to reading it ,
Sep 03, 2010, 07:38 AM
I've been fortunate to see Ted's plane fly at our home field and speak with him about it. If I remember the story correctly, this plane is his second build. I believe that the original Cobra is in the AMA Museum.

The plane flies beautifully. I believe that Ted invented the perfect skyhook. It just hangs in the air, barely moving. He's a master at designing and flying.

Bob
Sep 03, 2010, 09:29 AM
High Exalted Poohbah
Just a note that I am taking the drawings posted here on the "Cobra" and I am assembling them into one nice set of plans and will post them here in a few days when I finish. This thing deserves to be properly preserved for today's and tomorrows builders.

Planeman
Sep 04, 2010, 06:13 PM
Scott R/C Time Pilot
Very good, thank you again Planeman, you rule

Scott

A plan index is available on page 1 post 1, courtesy of Windependence, thank Wayne.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1007
Last edited by orange&white; Oct 31, 2010 at 12:09 AM.
Sep 05, 2010, 09:42 AM
Sic itur ad Astra
I have just about read half of this thread. All I can say is WOW! So many graet old planes, so little time. I hadn't seen the plan for the Smeed Courtesan before....it's like the before and after liposuction of my Popsie.
Sep 06, 2010, 07:16 AM
Sic itur ad Astra
Hey Guys,
Maybe I missed it, but is there a plan for a Gee Bee (or possibly a similar '30's racer) posted on here. I seem to think I had a plan for a small rubber power GeeBee, but I can't find it. Any help is welcome.
sparks

Come to think of it...A Weddel Williams would be a good option..I notice you were looking for 30's racers, did you ever get a plan Scott?
Last edited by sparks59; Sep 06, 2010 at 09:30 AM. Reason: more thoughts...
Sep 06, 2010, 03:32 PM
High Exalted Poohbah
Here is the combined plan of the "Cobra" I prepared. It was a lot of work as the scans were weak and "trashy" (little spots in the background) and I finally gave up cleaning up the background and just re-traced everything. But it came out pretty nice. Now you Cobra builders have something to work with. I tried to keep the plan dimension under 36 inches in one direction so it could be easily output on a standard 36 inch wide printer.

This is a large model with an 81 inch wingspan. If some of you want, I will re-scale it to a smaller model if you can settle on what wingspan to make it.

Have at it!

Planeman
Last edited by planeman; Sep 08, 2010 at 02:59 PM.
Sep 06, 2010, 04:31 PM
Sic itur ad Astra
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange&white
Hey Sparks, I did get some Golden Age Racers. They are small, and no Weddell- Williams yet.

Scott
Thanks Scott, great stuff. I like them all but I reckon that the
Pesco special is top of the list so far!
cheers
sparks
Sep 06, 2010, 05:09 PM
Which WW, number 44? I've got an old Waner plan but it's pretty big to post even as a pdf. I've got the Weddell Williams Air Service book laying around here somewhere. Recommended if you're into WW.

bill
Sep 06, 2010, 05:42 PM
Scott R/C Time Pilot
Go ahead and zip the file I think of #44 when I think of the Weddell Williams racer

Scott
Sep 06, 2010, 06:30 PM
Closed Account
Very nice drawing for the Cobra, Rufus!! From an old draftsman to another....;^)

Soft landings,

Joe
Sep 06, 2010, 06:31 PM
No joy Scott went from 5.8 mb to 5 mb. Limit here is 3 mb on pdfs. I've only got Acrobat reader so I can't manipulate it. If someone wants it send me a PM.

bill
Sep 06, 2010, 06:45 PM
High Exalted Poohbah
Thanks Joe!

Rufus