This thread is privately moderated by orange&white, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Apr 18, 2011, 04:15 AM
Scott R/C Time Pilot
Thread OP
I am looking for 60's Midwest Lil' T glider kit plans, can anyone help me out?

Thanks Folks
Scott
to remove ads between posts
Apr 18, 2011, 05:51 AM

Savoia Marchetti SM.79 Control Line

In the web I found this article in an italian magazine dated may 1964, that describes a SM.79 control line model.
Unfortunately the main dimensions in the drawing are not readable, so it is not possible to understand the exact size of the model.
Apr 18, 2011, 08:00 AM

sm 79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z1007
In the web I found this article in an italian magazine dated may 1964, that describes a SM.79 control line model.
Unfortunately the main dimensions in the drawing are not readable, so it is not possible to understand the exact size of the model.
Franco Camponeschi is still alive and still had his s 79,
I saw s-79 flying in Rome when I was a child, my father taken these photos of Camponeschi's S79 at Urbe airport of Roma in 1967 when I was 3y.o.
regards Pit
Last edited by p.balsi; Jan 18, 2015 at 01:26 AM.
Apr 18, 2011, 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange&white
I am looking for 60's Midwest Lil' T glider kit plans, can anyone help me out?

Thanks Folks
Scott
Scott:

I don't have the kit plan but I do have the construction article from Flying Models. I hope that will help.

Ralph B
Apr 18, 2011, 09:39 AM
Many thanks to p.balsi for sharing with us his very interesting SM.79 photographs !
Apr 18, 2011, 12:35 PM
Oldrndrt RCav8r

Cox Hang Glider

Quote:
Originally Posted by California Condor
Yes, I did fly it quite a bit a long time ago with an OS .15. I may put an electric motor in and fly it some more.
You wouldn't still have the assembly instructions somewhere where you might scan them would you? I am considering flying mine again, and would like to have the instructions available "in case". Good to see there are at least one other still around!

Have a Blessed Day!
George
Apr 18, 2011, 12:44 PM
SB-28 UK Display Pilot
Orange & white
You might like to look at
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...78&postcount=5 as this will give you a good pointer as to who has a copy of the Midwest Lil'T plan

RalphB
Thanks for that, as it helps with my current build thread a bit! See link in O&Ws answer
Last edited by GeeW; Apr 18, 2011 at 12:50 PM.
Apr 18, 2011, 01:30 PM
High Exalted Poohbah
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenspar
Anyone have a plan for the Jetco Talon or the Cahill Clodhopper? Thanks.
Here's the Clodhopper. I don't have the Talon.

Planeman
Apr 18, 2011, 03:30 PM
In case anyone is interested:

LIL 'T PG 20 JUN-JUL 1965 Flying Models
Apr 18, 2011, 04:02 PM
Scott R/C Time Pilot
Thread OP
Thanks to Ralph B, GeeW, and Jim Dean for the plans and info on Midwest's Lil'T glider.

Scott
Apr 18, 2011, 04:48 PM
Old Timer
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgewaldrop
You wouldn't still have the assembly instructions somewhere where you might scan them would you? I am considering flying mine again, and would like to have the instructions available "in case". Good to see there are at least one other still around!

Have a Blessed Day!
George
Sorry, long gone.
Apr 18, 2011, 05:24 PM

Guillows J-2 Cub

I was kindly loaned this somewhat battered plan of the Guillows Cub J-2 (of about 1940 I think..).
Span is about 50".
I will put it together the best I can and take it to the copyshop....unfortunately they have no scanning facilities in this size, but a full-scale paper copy will do...maybe I could scan it later on...

Apr 18, 2011, 05:31 PM
Not sure if this is controversial or not. Time and replies will tell.
In the 1990`s Plan sales were already beginning to wane as R/C ruled the roost with Helicopters and ARTF`s + one or two popular kits being flow by most club members. Aeromodeller started to go nostalgic offering or giving away plans for vintage models so I am offering them here.

All plans from Aeromodeller

Cloud Cruiser April 1991

GH91 Wakefield 1947 flight cup winner May 1991

The Jaguar 1948 wakefield winner Plan has already been posted but this has article on building and trimming as well as plan. March 1991

Jimmie Allen Bluebird this is the Original Plan December 1990

Miles Kestrel 39" span By Harold Towner circa 1938 September 1991

Percy III 38.5" span R.H Warring design originally from August 1942 issue July 1990

Shadow 36" span 1/2 scale version of Ed Rogers 1937 Shadow. Plan is tiled and can be easily doubled in size to make full scale. August 1991
Apr 18, 2011, 05:39 PM

Kicked Off must have got 20 demerits somewere

Here is Shadow Plan.
For some reason manage attachments uploaded six files and decided I was not logged in on the seventh and refused to upload it.
Its them Chinese hackers again I reckon

Quick Reply