This thread is privately moderated by orange&white, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Apr 15, 2011, 04:30 PM

4 Engine Lancaster Plan yes but not here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddie B
Hate to ask, but is there a plan for a Lancaster out there? Don't even care if it was the version that only had 2 engines in the early years. Thanks.

Fred
Yes but its from Aeromodeller 1994 4 engine electric free flight 44" span.
Much to late (ie not vintage) to post here so have posted plan and article on the Hip Pocket builders plan gallery

http://www.hippocketaeronautics.com/...?image_id=1096

If you are not a member you will have to join but its free.
Last edited by aeromeddeler; Apr 15, 2011 at 07:29 PM. Reason: update
to remove ads between posts
Apr 15, 2011, 04:55 PM
Looking for Graupner Amateur plans might be to early for this thread ['69 vintage] any assistance will be gratefully appreciated thank you Stephen.
Apr 15, 2011, 05:37 PM

C/L anyone

Seeing a few requests for control line models how about these

Control Line Jet Trainer 30" span. Aeromodeller June 1949
Must be the only ever plan in a UK magazine for a pulse Jet I thought they were banned in the UK

DeHaviland T.K.4 team racer Class A or B team racer 23" 0r 30.5" span.Aeromodeller January 1951

Tipsy Junior Stunt Model. Article talks about three sizes of model 28.5", 34" and 39.5" span for which plans are available Scan is for 28.5 version but scan is at 300dpi and can easily be rescaled to either of the other two sizes. Aeromodeller June 1949
Apr 15, 2011, 07:56 PM
For those looking for Wellington and Lancaster plans and kits and are also equipped with bottomless pockets look here

http://www.slecuk.com/catalogue/Kits.html
Apr 15, 2011, 08:00 PM
In response to a request for more CL, here's some more CL. AT Interceptor, a 1945 CL design took some tiips from the P-38 and P-61. Whichaway, a twin boom from FM that has an elevator/stabiliser at both ends. Chekala Roma wa spublished in a 1947 Air Trails. Contest stunt plane in it's day. Conquistador is a CL stunt plane from the August 1958 MAN. The Copperhead is a sort of fighter styled sport CL model from the September 1945 MAN or Air Trails, I forget which. GoJo is a Class A (.09 to .19) cl Spindizzy, a control liner usually characterised by minimum wing area and high pitched props for maximum speed.
Just for general information, the planes I just uploaded are just a part of 215 articles I converted to PDF format over the last couple days. The last group of 26 in this larger group will be older power competition Free Flight models. Between then and now, I will be posting many more Control liners, hand launch, catapault, and tow line gliders. I hven't even gotten very far into converting all the power free flight and rubber powered plans I have, as well as a couple foleders of more recent scans, including the larger part of 3 issues of the old Air Trails Classic Flying Models. At least someone alreaduy uploaded the Air Age Gas Models pages, saving me at least htat much.
Last edited by 50+AirYears; Apr 15, 2011 at 08:25 PM.
Apr 15, 2011, 08:30 PM
Addicted to building...
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeromeddeler
Yes but its from Aeromodeller 1994 4 engine electric free flight 44" span.
Much to late (ie not vintage) to post here so have posted plan and article on the Hip Pocket builders plan gallery

http://www.hippocketaeronautics.com/...?image_id=1096

If you are not a member you will have to join but its free.
Quick way to get me to join hip pocket.... Thanks so much. Waiting on mt registration email so I can check it out. I owe you one, or is that several hundred!

Fred
Apr 15, 2011, 10:24 PM

AT Interceptor

[QUOTE=50+AirYears;17980488] ...AT Interceptor, a 1945 CL design took some tiips from the P-38 and P-61.[\QUOTE]

Hi 50+,

Is there a page #2 missing from your post of the AT Interceptor? I see an un-numbered page, and page #3 and page#4...

Bob Keller
Apr 15, 2011, 10:59 PM
maybe i missed it but how about Ed Kazmirski's Orion? I think top flight modeled it in 1961.
Apr 15, 2011, 11:45 PM
Daddy's pad when mama's mad

Excess Too 1948 Air Trails

originally Posted by 50+Airyears page 220 post number 3289 I just cleaned it up a little
Last edited by kenny e; Apr 16, 2011 at 01:43 AM.
Apr 15, 2011, 11:48 PM
Daddy's pad when mama's mad
OK So I Thought it was a Cool little plane
Apr 16, 2011, 12:47 AM
Boy, I HAVE been distracted, haven't I? And the pages showed up as #3, #4, Which A Way, #1. That's not the order they are in my source file. Let me see what happened to page #2.

OK, the original PDF for page #2 was 3.05 Mb. That exceeds the site max of 3.00 Mb. The site rejected the file. So, here's the JPEG I was using to convert to PDF. That got through the size limit for JPEGs.
Last edited by 50+AirYears; Apr 16, 2011 at 12:57 AM.
Apr 16, 2011, 02:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddie B
Hate to ask, but is there a plan for a Lancaster out there? Don't even care if it was the version that only had 2 engines in the early years. Thanks.

Fred
When I saw this post I immediately thought of the excellent Harold Towner design which was 52" span C/L. Several of this talented designers plans have come to light on this thread in recent months.

It would be great to see this particular Lanc of Harold's if anyone has it as I did have the plan many years ago but sadly it has vanished in the mists of time in house moves no doubt. My father was in Lancs during WWII flying 49 missions!

Regards

Bridon
Apr 16, 2011, 03:44 AM
Thanks for the "Drop me a line" addition 50+.

Quote:
Must be the only ever plan in a UK magazine for a pulse Jet I thought they were banned in the UK
Yes they became banned due to the NOISE, even tethered, they were deemed unsafe due to the fire hazzard.

Just look how times have changed, it's now normal to entrust radio interfered flying blowlamps zobbing around.

Regards Ian
Apr 16, 2011, 06:47 AM
OK,so what's the speed of dark
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikempp
maybe i missed it but how about Ed Kazmirski's Orion? I think top flight modeled it in 1961.
This what you are looking for??

Ed
Apr 16, 2011, 07:28 AM
Thank you, ED, for the Orion article and PDF plan! I've been looking for that one.

Soft landings,

Joe

Quick Reply