This thread is privately moderated by orange&white, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 27, 2011, 10:59 AM
GO Foamie...we're rooting for you!

Soft landings,

Joe
to remove ads between posts
Mar 27, 2011, 11:08 AM
old foamie
Whew! I didn't think I was going to get it right!
Mar 27, 2011, 11:15 AM
High Exalted Poohbah
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bargle
Jim/Applehoney included a copy of the wing rib printwood for the Senior Commercial when he sent me a copy of his plan back before Rufus/Planeman posted the pdf. The rib patterns aren't shown on the plan, so I've converted them to a pdf and attached them below. Planeman, perhaps you'd like to add them to your earlier post to make them easier to find.
Thanks Bargle! But my Senior Commercial plan does have the ribs shown on the plan. I appreciate the thought though.

Planeman
Mar 27, 2011, 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by planeman
This thread is a group effort!
+1.... + ...full of really nice guys.
Mar 27, 2011, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by planeman
Thanks Bargle! But my Senior Commercial plan does have the ribs shown on the plan. I appreciate the thought though.

Planeman
Dadgum, you're right. I've been getting a lot of stuff wrong on the 'net lately. I need to be quiet for a while.
Mar 27, 2011, 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD
Well, I have been tinkering away and project Outerzone is live now. If you are interested and want to take a look, the address is www.outerzone.co.uk
Looking good Steve! I notice on the home page you were thinking about hosting the files on the server itself. I think that's a good idea as, *me personally*, I don't really like going to other sites that I'm not familiar with. I'm *ok* with the media fire server or whatever it's called, but some of your users who are not as familiar with computers may not realize what's going on. The site is looking really nice though and it'll be awesome to be able to search through plans using your database as you get more plans available. Good work!
Mar 27, 2011, 02:07 PM
Yes, Outerzone looks like the way to go for me too. I am working on the Frank Zaic yearbooks. I have the 1937, 39, 51-52, 59-61 and one more coming from Amazon. I love these books. I wish that I had an easier way of scanning instead of "squishing" the book. It's rough on the bookbinding! http://www.theplanpage.com/esp/planlist.htm lists the B-17 plans in Air Trails July, 1943. I found that issue on Ebay and I think that this is an error, I don't see the B17 anywhere. Does anyone know about this? I want to add this 25 incher to my bomber collection but I hesitate to buy a kit. I am working with Pawlonia wood and I want to make the bomber from that. As always, you folks are great and you make an old vet happy. R
Mar 27, 2011, 02:55 PM
Daddy's pad when mama's mad

reading maps

Quote:
Originally Posted by mred3
kenny e; When did they move Alabama?? I live in Georgia and the last time I checked, it was not 7662 miles from here. Must be a different Alabama then I was thinking about...............

Ed
Where in the world do you get 7662 miles from. I live in Florence Alabama that about 227 from Atlanta Ga.
Mar 27, 2011, 03:09 PM

Florence Ala. to Glenwood GA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mred3
kenny e; When did they move Alabama?? I live in Georgia and the last time I checked, it was not 7662 miles from here. Must be a different Alabama then I was thinking about...............

Ed
iF you are in Glenwood,GA off U.S. 280 then that puts me 402 miles from you. thats about 6-1/2 hours away. so no Alabama is still in the same place its always been at lest for the last 48 years.
Mar 27, 2011, 03:16 PM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny e
Where in the world do you get 7662 miles from. I live in Florence Alabama that about 227 from Atlanta Ga.
You might have your location wrong in your profile, shows over 11000 km from Toronto
Mar 27, 2011, 03:27 PM
Thanks pmackenzie
I'll bet thats it
Mar 27, 2011, 03:40 PM
location was wrong on the site map. guess I never though of that when I signed on to the forum. fixed it now its right on the money thanks for poining that out guys. it was showing me some place out by Wichita Kansas.
Mar 27, 2011, 04:35 PM
old foamie
I just came across this plan, its a little vague, but its a 1935 texaco winner from down under. I think its neat to compare it with the 1935 british Mouse of Bowden's. I wonder what the american model of 1935 was?
Mar 27, 2011, 06:28 PM
OK,so what's the speed of dark
I have seen just about all of DeBolt's series of plane here except for this one. I always like the little trainer.

Ed

Quick Reply