This thread is privately moderated by orange&white, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 11, 2011, 07:39 PM

two from Malstrom + 1 from Aeromodeller

1963 February Model Aircraft
2 Designs by Ray Malstrom
The Herald - semi scale twin rubber motors Hadley Page Herald
Midget glider Nieuport Scout the jpeg image is full size.

1954 December Aeromodeller

D.H. Mosquito XVI 40 inch span twin control liner
to remove ads between posts
Mar 12, 2011, 10:10 AM
High Exalted Poohbah
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD
Ok here you go. Sorry if these are a bit dodgy. I couldn't work out the paper size in CutePDF so its 24 x 48in and there's lots of white space around. Filesize is good and small though.
It looks great! Now drag out all of those old plans stashed around your shop and keep going!

Planeman
Mar 12, 2011, 04:37 PM
The dog ate my clearance
The Mossie is nice, and you have to love Malmstrom's designs.

P
Mar 12, 2011, 04:49 PM
Suspended Account
subscribed
Mar 13, 2011, 10:44 AM
Would someone out there perhaps have a "better" scan of these two interesting models? Tall pylons must have been the "in" thing when these two were designed.
Mar 13, 2011, 05:49 PM
skumgummi dave
tri-pacer

I would really like plans for the SugarFoot as well.

Dave-
Mar 13, 2011, 05:50 PM
Long ago in a faraway country I built and flew a 'Sugarfoot' with an Elfin 1.8 for power. I don't think it was very impressive as I have no fond lasting memories of it - or of its demise for that matter.

Even earlier, a colleague built an 'Elfin' for an Atwood Wasp but I do not think it was ever flown - far too tail-heavy. I think Butcher used a Micron .8cc diesel which would have been much heavier than the Wasp - and which probably accounted for the very short nose on this design.
Mar 13, 2011, 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tri-pacer
Would someone out there perhaps have a "better" scan of these two interesting models? Tall pylons must have been the "in" thing when these two were designed.
Elfin was in the May 1948 edition and Sugarfoot in the June 1950 edition unfortunately I do not have either of these editions.

If you want tall pylon models then I will have a look through my plans
Mar 13, 2011, 07:22 PM
Norman Marcus`s 60 in span contest winner for all you pylon fans from May 1951
Mar 13, 2011, 09:48 PM
Jaded Maid & Sugarfoot were both built and flown quite well by club members in the '70s when I lived in Melbourne OZ.
Sugar had an Elfin 1.8 in it but can't remember what was in the Maid.
But I can remember it losing the taiplane high up in strong lift. The model returned to earth safely but the tail kept going ever upward rotating rotating rotating.
Mar 13, 2011, 09:58 PM
Sic itur ad Astra
Quote:
Originally Posted by gossie
Jaded Maid & Sugarfoot were both built and flown quite well ...... but the tail kept going ever upward rotating rotating rotating.
..never to be seen again!
Mar 14, 2011, 03:34 AM
skumgummi dave
aeromeddeler:

Per your offer "If you want tall pylon models then I will have a look through my plans". Yes, please do. I'd be interested to see what you come up with.

Regards;Dave-
Mar 15, 2011, 02:06 PM
Greetings,
Built a Midwest Esquire in 1962 as my first RC model. I still have it although it's a bit rough around the edges. Midwest made a bigger version of the Esquire called the Super Esquire with about an 80" wingspan. I've always wanted to build that bigger version of my beloved Esquire. Would anyone happen to have a copy/scan of the Super Esquire plans? Many thanks for your time.
DennisV
Mar 15, 2011, 05:27 PM
Due to unprecedented demand from my adoring public
i.e foamdave asked !!!!!! so its time to pile on the pylons

Clubman March 1951 Aeromodeller 50 inch span
Isotope May 1956 Model Aircraft 44 inch span
Kapitain June 1947 Aeromodeller 49 inch span
Omega May 1952 Model Aircraft 60 inch span

Quick Reply