This thread is privately moderated by orange&white, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 09, 2011, 06:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeromeddeler
Whilst returning to correct the fact that it was an Indian Mills on my post 2769 I observed a strange phenomenon
The Wanderer plan is in two parts the fuselage Pt1 and the wing P2. At the time of writing
Pt1 has had 136 views whilst Pt 2 has had only 65 views
Whilst I can understand the text receiving far fewer viewings perhaps someone can explain why 71 people would only look at half the plan????????????
Possibly as the fuselage plan is the first in line and if after taking a quick look at the model and maybe not finding it to their particular taste then no point in looking at the wings....as with most things...all in the eye of the beholder

Regards

Bridon
to remove ads between posts
Mar 09, 2011, 06:24 AM
Sic itur ad Astra
Not really a mystery Aero, I guess most people will have a look at the first file, if they like, or want, they'll look at the other and/or take a copy, otherwise, onto the next post / plan.
That's my theory anyway! ;-)
sparks

Bridon - Snap!
Mar 09, 2011, 07:09 AM
WMD
WMD
Womble of Model Depiction
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeromeddeler
Whilst I can understand the text receiving far fewer viewings perhaps someone can explain why 71 people would only look at half the plan?
Well, I'd say after viewing part 1, some folks decide that plan's not for them, so then they'll go look at something else. Seems fair.

edit - oops, sorry, just saying the same, but later.
Mar 09, 2011, 08:19 AM
pd1
pd1
As everyone has stated, people take look and decide if that particular model is for them.
That's why I add the jpg as a sort of thumbnail.
If someone doesn't like it, they don't have to wait for a long download.

Paul
Mar 09, 2011, 11:11 AM
Yes, and I'm one of those who only looked at the first page, deciding then that I wasn't interested in the plane. I DO appreciate your posting it, but it just isn't what I want. Likewise, my thanks to pd1 for posting .JPGs of his files.

CD
Mar 09, 2011, 11:20 AM
Is there a plan for a DeHavilland DH4 or DH9 about anywhere?

Looking for something around 36" or so for electric park flying. I know of the Comet kit version that has been posted some time ago but wondered if there was a more detailed version out there.

Many thanks

Bridon
Mar 09, 2011, 05:03 PM
gram obsessive
Thanks to all who have contributed plans here!

Does anyone have;

Pacific Ace rubber model?

Thanks,
T.B.
Mar 09, 2011, 05:27 PM
T.B.
I do not know where this file came from and I am not sure that this is what your looking for. This is the Pacific Ace Jr.
Gene
Mar 09, 2011, 05:58 PM

thanks pd1

1937 Mitsubishi Ki-15 (Kamikazi) first Japanese aircraft to fly non-stop to Europe. The 1937 Kamikazi has a very colorful paint scheme.
Mar 10, 2011, 07:10 PM
gram obsessive
Gene,
Thanks for the nice plan. That's not the Pacific Ace I was thinking of. I'm looking for the model Paul Denson enlarged (to 720 sq. in. ) for the RCM plans model of the same name. I think the original had a 20" span.
But I'm glad to have the Pacific Ace Jr. too!!!
Thanks,
T.B.
Mar 10, 2011, 11:19 PM
>I think the original had a 20" span.

20", 30" and 40"
Mar 11, 2011, 07:41 AM
T.B., here are a couple of pics of Paul Denson's RCM Pacific Ace built by me for my wife, Joyce. A very nice flying model and well worth the build time. Also: check with Planeman for the 30" Modelcraft Pacific Ace plan.

Soft landings,

Joe
Mar 11, 2011, 08:51 AM
gram obsessive
Joe,
Thanks for the pictures. Yes, THAT Pacific Ace. I'll check with Planeman.
The 72" version would make a great electric, then it would even sound like it's rubber counterpart. Very nice.
Thanks,
T.B.
Mar 11, 2011, 09:01 AM
Thanks, T.B.; an electric version would be a great idea as this plane was one of the most enjoyable, relaxing, models I ever flew.

Soft landings,

Joe
Mar 11, 2011, 09:23 AM
Here's what the 30" Modelcraft Pacific Ace plan looks like. This came from Planeman.

Soft landings,

Joe

Quick Reply