Vintage & Old-Timer Plans PRE 1960 PLANS ONLY - Page 184 - RC Groups
This thread is privately moderated by orange&white, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 06, 2011, 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD
Interesting, thanks. I don't want a kit, I'd rather have just the plan. I'm looking at their site but I can't make any sense of it. They have a text only listing of their price list in pdf format, but there's no details, no images, so I can't see if that's the right model. But thanks for the hint.
I have an original kit of the varsity. If you PM me with your address I'll send you a copy....Gary
to remove ads between posts
Mar 07, 2011, 02:49 AM
WMD
WMD
Womble of Model Depiction
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkphantom
I have an original kit of the varsity. If you PM me with your address I'll send you a copy....Gary
Very kind of you. PM sent. Thanks.
Mar 07, 2011, 05:09 AM
RFJ
RFJ
WMD,

Not a plan but may be of interest.

Ray
Mar 07, 2011, 12:00 PM
WMD
WMD
Womble of Model Depiction
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFJ
WMD,

Not a plan but may be of interest.

Ray
Ah, lovely - thanks again. Now if I was a bit more clued up than I actually am, I reckon that's probably all the info I would need, right there.
Mar 07, 2011, 12:40 PM
High Exalted Poohbah
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkphantom
Any chance I could also get a plan copy of the "Varsity"? If so, please send it to rufus.carswell@yahoo.com.

Thanks!
Planeman
Mar 07, 2011, 01:08 PM

thanks aeromeddeler

I would like to thank Aeromeddeler for the info for Gimp. Installed it this morning. A very nice nice open source program, I only played with it an hour or so but it compares very favorably with Photoshop, Corel or Paint Shop Pro. Attached is a Czech plan of an Arsenal VG-39 joined and darkened with Gimp. The files I worked with were not the best to begin with,but the result is acceptable. Gimp is easy to use and is very capable.
Mar 07, 2011, 01:22 PM

loire 46

A French pursuit from the early '30s. There are windows through the wings not shown on the plan, shown on the 3 view.
Mar 07, 2011, 01:38 PM

comet P-37

I have been looking for the Comet P-37 kit for awhile, so far nothing has showed up. Does any one have the printwood for this kit? I believe the fuselage formers shouldn't to to hard to copy from a P-36 or a P-40 but it would be nice to have the printwood.
I also have a very nice scan of a Mitsubishi Ki-15 by FSI. I have been unable to find very much info about Flying Scale, Inc in regards to copyrights or what happened to them. Also the plan might be too new, there is no date on the plan. I do know they were in business in 2005. Any one know more info?
Mar 07, 2011, 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDR
We have only seen a few of his designs here. Is there a complete listing anywhere of his designs?
Others may want to complete or validate this tentative list of Garami designs

Anopheles - Rubber Indoor - 1945
Arrow Spedster - Rubber - 1938
Cadet - Rubber - 1942
Chameleon - Rubber - 1945
Colibri - FF gas - 1939
Commando - Rubber - 1943
Dihedral Dandy - Rubber - 1939
Falcon - Rubber - 1943
Flounder - U/C - 1947
Flying Aces Moth - Rubber - 1936
Flying Aces Parasol - Rubber - 1936
Flying Aces Fighter - Rubber - 1937
Garami Bipe - Rubber - 1948
Garami Cabin Special - Rubber - 1937
Giro - Rubber - 1937
Gull Wing - Rubber - 1937
Indoor Moth - Rubber - 1936
I-Strutter - Rubber - 1937
Half Pint - FF gas - 1940
Hay Maker - FF gas - ?
Mid-wing Sportster - Rubber - 1938
Pegleg Ike - Rubber - 1938
Skylark - FF gas - 1940
Spunky - Rubber - 1946
Streamlined Midget - Rubber - 1936
Srato Streak - FF gas - 1941
and:
Simplex 25 - Engine drawings - 1947
Mar 07, 2011, 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30560
I would like to thank Aeromeddeler for the info for Gimp. Installed it this morning. A very nice nice open source program, I only played with it an hour or so but it compares very favorably with Photoshop, Corel or Paint Shop Pro. Attached is a Czech plan of an Arsenal VG-39 joined and darkened with Gimp. The files I worked with were not the best to begin with,but the result is acceptable. Gimp is easy to use and is very capable.
If you like gimp but are on safer ground with Photoshop then look at gimpshop a free modification to Gimp which gives it a more Photoshop feel.
More information and download here.

http://www.gimpshop.com/
Mar 07, 2011, 04:19 PM
sambino

Garami designs

The Flying Aces Moth was designed by Herb Spatz.
The Duck and the Cabineer were two more Garami designs.
Sam
Mar 07, 2011, 06:48 PM
Just a test glide...
re: my Blazer & Jetstream request...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpc625
My turn to help
Charlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFJ
Matt,
Not a very good copy but better than nothing I guess.
Ray
Thanks very much, gentlemen!
-Matt
Mar 07, 2011, 08:03 PM
Here's the Garami Profile Speedster from the 1938 edition of the Complete Model Airplane Manual. I don't know if this is the same model as the Arrow Speedster listed above.

ETA: I found the Arrow Speedster on The Plan Page site. It is a different model.
Last edited by Bargle; Mar 07, 2011 at 08:07 PM. Reason: More info.
Mar 07, 2011, 09:06 PM
Daddy's pad when mama's mad

Garami Biplane

not sure about the scale on this plan any one know the wing span of the original model
Mar 07, 2011, 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny e
not sure about the scale on this plan any one know the wing span of the original model
The plan says "3/8" squares", this makes the wingspan 24"

Quick Reply