Vintage & Old-Timer Plans PRE 1960 PLANS ONLY - Page 180 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
This thread is privately moderated by orange&white, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 01, 2011, 07:26 AM

Lil' Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpc625
Looking for this one.

Thanks

Charlie
Some other people that are interested:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_53...tm.htm#5382953 Hope this helps out
to remove ads between posts
Mar 01, 2011, 07:32 AM
I checked the RCM site to see if they still sold this plan. I also checked the index to see if someone has posted it. Both negative. From December 1964, the D.Q.A.
Gene
P.S. I also edited post 2655 to update the Terrier file and added my file on the Spook.
Last edited by rchopper56; Mar 01, 2011 at 08:09 AM.
Mar 01, 2011, 07:32 AM
Sic itur ad Astra
Crash Parry reference:
RCME March 2011, Weekenders, p84
Mar 01, 2011, 08:15 AM
Mustang,

Thanks for the additional info. I just emailed Mad Max about 10 minutes ago.

Charlie
Mar 01, 2011, 10:19 AM

Who's Chuck Gill?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeromeddeler
Bit of a mixed bag tonight
Nice little rubber powered job from aeromodeller
and 3 Jetco scans and Chuck Gill`s Coronet.
Commercial plan scans are not best in world but good enough to build from

Roger
I've only ever seen the Coronet as a Scientific kit - did the Gill plan come first (it says Gill Co. ?) - were there kits? What's the connection? Interesting bit of history that I've never run across.
DrZook
Mar 01, 2011, 05:34 PM
The Sterling Ryan ST, kit C-7, brings back pleasant memories of the early 1950s. Anyone have a plan and parts patterns for it that can be posted here?
Mar 01, 2011, 07:24 PM
The Swedish Yankee

Master Plan Index

Plan Index updated to Post 3445 on Page 230
Last edited by Swankee; Apr 22, 2011 at 05:06 AM. Reason: Plan Index Update
Mar 01, 2011, 07:45 PM
Chris thanks for taking the time to update the list: Much appreciated!

Gene, I just looked at the spook you posted and the plan you joined, according to my PDF file is something like 126" x 30". Kind of large for a PeeWee
Mar 01, 2011, 08:12 PM

Ryan ST

Not sure if this is the needed Ryan ST, I don't see the date on the print.
Mar 01, 2011, 09:23 PM
AMA 667982 KG7NKY
Quote:
Originally Posted by rchopper56
I checked the RCM site to see if they still sold this plan. I also checked the index to see if someone has posted it. Both negative. From December 1964, the D.Q.A.
Gene
P.S. I also edited post 2655 to update the Terrier file and added my file on the Spook.
Hopper, Thanks for the article and plans for the DQA. I've had the plans since 1964 and build 3 of them. The plans were included in the radio systems you bought from Stu. My Babcock system bit the dust in a Goldberg Skylane 42 on Christmas day 1968 after I forgot to wind the escapement rubber and in a big hurry to fly again that day. Lost the plane that day along with the radio after it smashed straight in on an asphalt road. A total loss.
Mar 01, 2011, 10:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangs56
Not sure if this is the needed Ryan ST, I don't see the date on the print.
The Sterling Ryan ST was more heavily built and was designed for control line.

Both the Sterling ST and the ST that you posted were both modeled as NC-14223 and both were nearly the same size...interesting.
Mar 02, 2011, 03:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tri-pacer
Gene, I just looked at the spook you posted and the plan you joined, according to my PDF file is something like 126" x 30". Kind of large for a PeeWee

Tri-pacer

Sorry for the inchidus problem that I have. This has happened several times and thanks for finding.
What is happening when I use ScanRaster to edit or build a file and that file comes directly from Acrobat, ScanRaster assumes that one pixel is one inch and the dpi is ~ 72. I then sometimes forget to added the information that the file is in inches and what the dpi is.

This does not happen when I use Photo-Shop to open a PDF file for Photo-Shop assigns the correct information for size to original PDF file. The advantage of using Acrobat to extract is that it allows one to set the dpi and the (color code) within reason. I prefer exporting from Acrobat over Photo-Shop when it comes to cleaning and reducing a file size and most of the time it's just more convenient.

I have edited the Spook file, again, sorry.

Gene
Mar 02, 2011, 09:15 AM
Gene

No need to be sorry whatsoever: I import pictures into AutoCAD and have the same problems. I digitized some old plans for our winery and proceded to redraw a complete room all in the wrong scale! I completely understand where your coming from, and appreciate all the effort you put into supplying us with such nice drawings!

Your scaling problems do get me thinking however: Just how big could you build an all balsa model using the same methods in the Spook plan??
Mar 02, 2011, 04:04 PM
Hello all.
First, sorry to bump a old treath...

I ame looking for the plans of the following model:

kadett from 1956 Graupner the desinger was Denzin karl-heinz

Does any have this plan, or a plan from a kadett around that year?
it will help me a lot whit the wings and tail..

Its this one:

Name: Kadett.jpg
Views: 890
Size: 74.4 KB
Description: I ame looking for this kadett model.
its from the year 1956 and from graupner.
Last edited by franciscoclds; Mar 02, 2011 at 04:08 PM. Reason: added picture
Mar 02, 2011, 07:44 PM

1951 a vintage year

Two plans from Aeromodeller July 1951

Acender a 40inch span canard

Miles Speed Six 52inch span scale model

Both free flight

Whilst on the subject of the Plans index back on page 6 posts 80 through to 84 R/C Junkie posted a lot of jpeg plans with some real interesting plans included. Unfortunately the scans were to low res to do any more get an idea of the plan and wish for a higher res copy. Anybody have better copies of these plans
I do not mind upscaling them to full size and converting to Adobe format and posting if you have them but not the time to work on them.

Roger