This thread is privately moderated by orange&white, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 21, 2011, 06:17 PM

Another French Plan

This time its a large Scale Model

Corsair F4 U plan

Again be warned all sizes are of course metric and text is in French otherwise its as simple as ABD?????
to remove ads between posts
Feb 21, 2011, 08:17 PM
skumgummi dave
keven64:

Thank you for the info on Ray Malmstrom's Marquita. Sure looks like an interesting subject . To bad there are no plans.

Regards;

Dave-
Feb 22, 2011, 07:23 AM

Earthquake In Christchurch

Sir Jasper, My prayers are with you and your countrymen during this tragedy, R
Feb 22, 2011, 10:15 AM
pd1
pd1

Aeromacchi AM-3

A small one. Would make a nice RC plane.
Feb 22, 2011, 10:49 AM
pd1
pd1

The Little Dipper

The Little Dipper was designed by John Thorp while at Lockheed.

Lockheed tried to interest the military to use it to replace the parachute for the Air Cavalry units.
It was renamed the Sky Trooper. Military passed on the idea.

Thorpe left Lockheed and widened the fuselage. This was the Thorpe T-11.
I think I have plans for that one too.

Added a larger engine and a turtledeck and it became the T-111.
Larger engine and it was the T-211, I built a full size one of these.
Didn't sell enough to stave of the creditors.

He then took a job and made the plane large enough for four people, got rid of the canopy, added a door on the side and swept the tail

It was called the PA-28, also known as the Piper Cherokee, one of the most popular and successful general aviation planes of all time.

This model was designed by Walt Mooney and published in 1965.
Last edited by pd1; Jul 11, 2012 at 09:09 AM. Reason: The first plan is too large , correct size plan added
Feb 22, 2011, 11:51 AM
AMA 8711, FCC K4WZA

Aermacchi AM-3

pd1:

The Aermacchi is by Emmanuel Fillon, published in the French magazine "Le Modele Reduit D'avion" (M.R.A.), no idea when. Span = 0.8m, or about 31.5in. Interesting that he shows a glow engine, not diesel. My guess would be about .020ci.

-Dave
Feb 22, 2011, 12:22 PM
Isaiah 40:31

Little Dipper is neat!

Found 3view of the full scale Little Dipper, you can see some of the lines of the Cherokee in the lower cowl profile and the landing gear.

Reminded me of the Sky Cycle too.

rc
Feb 22, 2011, 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkphantom
Hi. would you prefer it if i just photocopy the printwood and mail it to you?
Give me a couple of days...I am determined to have another go, I need the experience...

Thanks for the offer though....let's see how I get on.

Regards

Bridon
Feb 22, 2011, 03:16 PM
North Mankato, MN
[QUOTE=pd1;17474576]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeStott
Hello

Does anyone have plans for a Goldberg Sailplane?

Great site!!

Thanks

Mike

Is this what you are looking for?

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=1221
Yes this is the one that I was looking for. Thank you!!

Mike Stott
Feb 22, 2011, 06:46 PM
gram obsessive
Do Mark's Wanderer and Craft Air Drifter 2 gliders qualify as old timers? Does anyone have plans for them? Is it OK to ask here?

Thank you!

T.B.
Feb 22, 2011, 07:38 PM
pd1
pd1

Alley Kat

From Southern RC the Alley Kat.

I experimented with scanning this one.
I tried color, then gray scale the gray scale was much easier to work with.

Thanks to Gene for reducing the file size.

This will be my last post for a while, I'll be building instead of scanning.

Paul
Feb 22, 2011, 08:09 PM
Closed Account
Thanks pd1 and Gene for the Alley Kat plan!!!! What a great flying plane. Here's a pic (photo of an old photo) of the one I built years ago. Now I can build another .

Soft landings,

Joe
Feb 22, 2011, 09:18 PM
Sic itur ad Astra
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.B.
Do Mark's Wanderer and Craft Air Drifter 2 gliders qualify as old timers? Does anyone have plans for them? Is it OK to ask here?

Thank you!

T.B.
I think the Air drifter would qualify on the basis of its age,...having the plan is a different thing though
sparks
Feb 23, 2011, 07:19 AM

Chief Printwood

Well, after reading through the excellant article by Planeman many times, I think I have got it sussed! The original scan was in varying shades so a compromise had to be made and the posterisation was not done as parts of the image would not be readable...maybe not the best but the scaling has been checked against the plan posted in November and seems to be OK.(best to check when you print out though)

Many thanks to KKphantom for sending me the printwood scan and for the tutorial from Planeman I do hope that this will be suitable.

It is my first real attempt at this lark so be gentle on me....

Regards

Bridon
Feb 23, 2011, 08:17 AM
Nice printwood Bridon, but is there an airplane go go along with it? Went back several posts, but didn't find the "Chief".