Lumenier RB2205C-12 2400KV SKITZO Ceramic Bearing Motor
This thread is privately moderated by orange&white, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 15, 2011, 10:08 AM
Find More Posts by rchopper56
Hope this scan is good enough of the Bi-Fli. File is full size and at 300 dpi.
Gene
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 15, 2011, 10:49 AM
Find More Posts by DPlumpe
AMA 8711, FCC K4WZA
And here's another shot at Phil Kraft's pretty Bi-Fli....

I wonder if my 2-needle K&B greenhead .15 will pull it - and where'd I put that other Varicomp?

-Dave
Last edited by DPlumpe; Feb 15, 2011 at 11:38 AM.
Old Feb 15, 2011, 03:15 PM
Find More Posts by Brner
AMA16634...Just Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPlumpe View Post
.....2-needle K&B greenhead .15........
-Dave
Same engine I used in my Mambo back in the 50's...
Old Feb 15, 2011, 03:23 PM
Find More Posts by DPlumpe
AMA 8711, FCC K4WZA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brner View Post
Same engine I used in my Mambo back in the 50's...
Yep, mine was in a Trixter Beam, 1955, with Mighty Midget bang-bang rudder. My best bud flew a Mambo with escapement, I think.
-Dave
Old Feb 15, 2011, 03:31 PM
Find More Posts by mkeveney
Just a test glide...
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky_surfer_fra View Post

Since long time I am looking for this ship

Today I was told it described in a Frank Zaic Year Book.

Do you have any idea where to get some more data about this beauty?

Thanks and regards, Tom
Tom, I started thumbing through my Zaic collection last night. So far I haven't spotted it.

The birdlike lines do, however, bear a slight resemblance to a Piattelli glider I started drawing up a few years ago:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=873816

Unfortunately, I had to set the project aside for a while to get on with my life. I hope to get back to it before too long.

-Matt
Old Feb 15, 2011, 07:09 PM
Find More Posts by foamdave
skumgummi dave
Stump the band time again Gents. Does anyone have print wood patterns for the Cresta? Thanks for looking.

Dave-
Old Feb 15, 2011, 08:18 PM
Find More Posts by TFM70
Quote:
Originally Posted by foamdave View Post
Stump the band time again Gents. Does anyone have print wood patterns for the Cresta? Thanks for looking.

Dave-
Looks like a scaled up FROG HERON or LINNET

http://www.houseoffrog.co.uk/senior_plans.htm
Old Feb 15, 2011, 10:58 PM
Find More Posts by BMatthews
B for Bruce
RFJ, rchopper56 and DPlumpe. Thank you so very much for posting those plans for the BiFli. The full rez full size PDF's look a touch fuzzy but more than clear enough to build from. I've loved this design for years now and as soon as my basement renos and model airplane shop area is done this will be priority one on the list.

I'll be going electric with it but it'll still be huge fun to answer the questions about "what's that?" with " It's a 1959 design by Phil Kraft. He's one of the folks that brought out the first generation of proportional radio sets that took over from reeds.". Of course that'll bring odd looks and the inevitable question "what're reeds?"...

OK then. Since we're on a roll the picture of the Cresta in foamdave's post above reminded me of another cutey. Anyone have a GOOD plan for the H. A. Thomas Southerner low wing, twin finned sport free flight? It looked vaguely like that Cresta but with polyhedral wings. somewhere around here I have a small 4x6 size reduced plan but when I tried to blow it up on a photocopier to the original 36 inch span the lines were blown up far too wide to use. A nicer scan of a proper size would be super.

Foamdave, did we do the Cresta in this plans thread already or did you just pull that one out of your hat? It's a cute model that deserves more exposure if it's new to this plans extravaganza.
Old Feb 16, 2011, 12:59 AM
Find More Posts by Brner
AMA16634...Just Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPlumpe View Post
Yep, mine was in a Trixter Beam, 1955, with Mighty Midget bang-bang rudder. My best bud flew a Mambo with escapement, I think.
-Dave
small world....I built the Ace Commander kit for a radio with a vari-comp escapement. It surely was a bang bang affair using a regular door bell button on the transmitter.....lol
Old Feb 16, 2011, 04:34 AM
skumgummi dave
The CRESTA is a 38 in wingspan low-wing design for small diesels with option for electric power, original drawn by Martyn S. Pressnell and kitted by Contest Kits in 1955.

Dave-
Old Feb 16, 2011, 05:36 PM
Find More Posts by bullseye000
I don't think I've seen this one up here yet.
Old Feb 16, 2011, 10:54 PM
Find More Posts by planeman
High Exalted Poohbah
I downloaded a low-res digital copy of a 1956 Model Aircraft magazine and found this full page plan. Like Aeromodeller plans, this one has the screened background that have given me so many problems obtaining a decent (to me) high-res full size image but low file size. I once again tried this with this Colonial Skimmer plan but attacked it a different way and I am happy with the results. I feel I can now prepare Aeromodeller type screened background plans from a low resolution (72 - 90 dpi) small magazine page size in the way I want and enlarged up to the original size of the plan.

Here is the Colonial Skimmer amphibian from a 1956 Model Aircraft magazine.

Planeman
Old Feb 17, 2011, 02:34 AM
skumgummi dave
Planeman:

Nice photoshop job...

Thanks, Dave-
Old Feb 17, 2011, 04:00 AM
Find More Posts by John38
A very very long time ago somebody gave me an American (Berkley ?) kit of the Skimmer which could be made for either C/L or freeflight ( and possible radio (?).

As a young teenager with little model experience and no mentors, I only 1/2 built it and stopped when I figured it was too heavy for freeflight and my little diesels.

Make a nice model for electric at the top of that pylon.

Nice job, Planeman. Any ideas on getting rid of the grey background ??

John
Old Feb 17, 2011, 09:20 AM
Find More Posts by rchopper56
This is my attempt at removing the background from Planman's post of the Colonial Skimmer. I inverted the image (negative) and then performed what is called closure in ScanRaster. Since the background is black and the drawing is now white, the speckles are now also white. Performing closure changes most of the speckles to black. Then changing the drawing back to a positive removes most of the speckles. There were several decreasing and increasing's the drawings contrast also in the process. You will notice that some of the text and lines were lost in the process.

Removing background when the background is a color (not little black specks) and the drawing is black, is not as difficult If you can change the background color with software such as Scan2Cad.

The attached Colonial Skimmer is 2 pages, the first page is Planeman's with the background, the second page is with the background removed. I also wish there was a better way.

Gene