This thread is privately moderated by orange&white, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 04, 2011, 06:22 PM

Rupert Moore Viper II?

Best I can do at short notice if no one comes up with anything better will dig out magazine and try to get a better scan.
Plan is blown up to full size sorry about grey background
roger
Last edited by aeromeddeler; Feb 04, 2011 at 06:38 PM. Reason: no attachments
to remove ads between posts
Feb 04, 2011, 07:21 PM

few more plans

from Aeromodeller
Doug McHards Dellane tandem May 1952
Fantasam from October 1953 - Looks like it could make a good park flyer
Flying Flea from December 1963
Velivole Canard plan June 46

From Model Aircraft
Fairy Swordfish March 1954
Feb 04, 2011, 07:26 PM

no can ard not no can do

here is the velivole canard plan
Feb 04, 2011, 08:24 PM
Matt Haugh
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeromeddeler
Best I can do at short notice if no one comes up with anything better will dig out magazine and try to get a better scan.
Plan is blown up to full size sorry about grey background
roger
Ooooh I had never seen the article before. Thanks for that! Also, I'm having my hard copy of the plans scanned to PDF right now, so stand by for what will hopefully be a clean and high res file. It's like 70" wide, so I'm a tad concerned about file size. -Matt
Feb 05, 2011, 04:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehoney
> I took a good look at the Cloudcraft "Mercury" plan. Sadly, the scan is too poor and of low resolution to do anything but completely re-draw the plan which is a LOT of work.

I could have a copy printed off my plan, if required
AH,
the Mercury was one of my postings and was scanned from an A5 size magazine. Only one I had. As they say, something better than nothing but maybe with all the thread followers,someone may come up with a better copy - or even draw up a clean copy

John
Feb 05, 2011, 07:15 AM
Scott R/C Time Pilot
Thread OP
Its a little fuzzy but I had no problem.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1263044

Scott
Feb 05, 2011, 07:15 AM
Model Designer
I'm back... been building things !

Here are the Keil Kraft rubber powered Stuka and Chipmunk.
No formers (printed wood) - but they are easy enough to draw.

I've lots of scale references for the Stuka... and the plan can be used to make many versions.

With a little initiative - the Chipmunk plan can be used to make a Super Chipmunk !

Keven.
Feb 05, 2011, 09:57 AM
John38 - as said - I can have a paper copy made for you if desired
Feb 05, 2011, 10:43 AM
B-17 freak
I hadn't seen those last 2 since i was a youngster (about 40 years ago), really brings back fond memories! Now for the formers! lol
Feb 05, 2011, 02:10 PM
High Exalted Poohbah
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65stang
Planeman,

Thanks for all of the cool plans....I've really enjoyed them. Do you happen to know where I can get a set of rib formers for the wings of the Berkeley P-47N C/L airplane. Thanks.

65stang

The rib layout is on the plan. Look at the side view of the fuselage where the wing is located. This is usually called the "root rib". This is true of most plans. All you have to do is reduce the rib outline proportionally to each rib length shown on the wing plan.

Planeman
Feb 05, 2011, 02:32 PM
B for Bruce
Aeromeddler, thanks for posting that Viper II scan but it would appear to be the same small dual 3x4 inch teaser that I've got already. I originally did a scan of the same plan, reduced it to two color "line" art, played with the sharpening and when blown up to full size it had lines that were about 1/8 or more wide and so were pretty much not useable in a practical way.

Hoffboy, PM sent.
Feb 05, 2011, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMatthews
Aeromeddler, thanks for posting that Viper II scan but it would appear to be the same small dual 3x4 inch teaser that I've got already. I originally did a scan of the same plan, reduced it to two color "line" art, played with the sharpening and when blown up to full size it had lines that were about 1/8 or more wide and so were pretty much not useable in a practical way.

Hoffboy, PM sent.
Bruce

I'll try and find some time over the next couple of weeks to drop the plans into Cad and trace over. I'll just do the outlines, at least enough that you could get some cutting and building done. Let me know if you find another plan that works and I won't spend the time.. Also I'm located in Kelowna, let me know if you plan some flying sessions this spring/summer it would give me a good excuse for a road trip. I could make the 'Wack' in about 3 hours.

Steve.
Feb 05, 2011, 03:59 PM
Matt Haugh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rootsters
Bruce

I'll try and find some time over the next couple of weeks to drop the plans into Cad and trace over. I'll just do the outlines, at least enough that you could get some cutting and building done. Let me know if you find another plan that works and I won't spend the time.. Also I'm located in Kelowna, let me know if you plan some flying sessions this spring/summer it would give me a good excuse for a road trip. I could make the 'Wack' in about 3 hours.

Steve.
I'm just waiting for my duplicator to email me the high res scan. I picked up the hard copies right as they were closing on Friday, so I expect they'll email me Monday.
Feb 05, 2011, 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMatthews

Hoffboy, PM sent.
PDF uploaded is full size and indeed scanned from the plans printed in the original Aeromodeller. Printed plans were 1/8th size, unusually small as most were 1/4 or 1/3 size. I would have scanned at 2400dpi and then multiplied the image by 8. I whilst reducing the resolution to 300dpi.I use greyscale and find reducing to two colours does result in the thickening of lines. Extracted the plan back to JPG and1/16 stringers on nose were 1/16. Agree the plan is not a clear as most but is perfectly usable and if loaded into Tile Print or Isiplot a perfectly usable plan could be printed out with lines exactly the same as on an original plan.
Feb 05, 2011, 07:33 PM
WMD
WMD
Womble of Model Depiction
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeromeddeler
PDF uploaded is full size and indeed scanned from the plans printed in the original Aeromodeller. Printed plans were 1/8th size, unusually small as most were 1/4 or 1/3 size. I would have scanned at 2400dpi and then multiplied the image by 8. I whilst reducing the resolution to 300dpi.I use greyscale and find reducing to two colours does result in the thickening of lines. Extracted the plan back to JPG and1/16 stringers on nose were 1/16. Agree the plan is not a clear as most but is perfectly usable and if loaded into Tile Print or Isiplot a perfectly usable plan could be printed out with lines exactly the same as on an original plan.
Looks good to me. Looks like an interesting model. If someone eventually finds and posts a better copy that will, of course, also be nice. If not, this is enough to work from, I think.

Quick Reply