This thread is privately moderated by orange&white, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 03, 2011, 04:53 PM
AMA 8711, FCC K4WZA

S.e.5

Bridon, here's McHard's SE5a. Again, a rough scan but readable.
-Dave
to remove ads between posts
Feb 03, 2011, 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPlumpe
Bridon, here's McHard's SE5a. Again, a rough scan but readable.
-Dave
Thanks Dave....been looking for this one for ages, just the ticket!

Regards

Bridon
Feb 03, 2011, 07:44 PM

Im another Plan(e)O-maniac

Just stumbled across this site. Thanks for the Vernon plans with printwood.
Now if someone can only do the same with the Kiel Kraft kits.
One of my favourite plans is the low wing Red Admirial for rubber power I have built three of these from the original plan and they all flew really well
Hopefully the scan will make it with this message.
Plan is full size and is in fact a scaled up scan of the copy of the plan in the magazine article. So far the only one I have managed to completely change the grey background to white.

if it does more to follow.

Enjoy
Roger
Feb 03, 2011, 07:54 PM
Forgot to say plan is from Aeromodeller December 1958.
Glad to see PDF`s made it up. so as I have a thing for unusual aircraft and for gull wings here is Skip Plan from June 1960.

Same method, the magazine printers were so good that the plans from the magazine scan beautifully. In Fact the scans are better than some of the Dyeline prints I have of original Aeromodeller and Model Aircraft plans.

Let me know what you think
Roger
Feb 03, 2011, 08:12 PM

threes a crowd

Seeing the free plan SE 5a plan by Doug McHard thought I would make it a hat trick and please the Tandem and pusher boys with another McHard design the Miles M35. Aeromodeller 1955. Have added the profile glider/rubber plan form 1949 https://static.rcgroups.net/forums/i...lies/smile.gif oops may have got he last two digits of the last date round the wrong way
Feb 03, 2011, 08:24 PM

2nd try

and it was all going so well.
If at first you dont succeed try try again

Miles M35 Libellula plan and text hopefully
Feb 03, 2011, 08:34 PM

straw that broke the camels back

the M35 glider/rubber plan took the three files over the 3Mb limit I will have to look at the advanced upload. Not tonight though as its now 0252 in the morning.
see you all again soon.
anyway here is that straw
Feb 04, 2011, 04:56 AM
This thread is really amazing. Thank you to all for the contributions and the efforts.

Does anyone has some old plans by the late Jean Guillemard, that produced many plans under the trademark "Les Plans Guillemard" ?

I know for sure that in this series there were some small nice control line plans about 1/20 scale, for sure the Supermarine Spitfire, Hawker Tempest, Republic P-47 Thunderbolt, Morane Epervier along with many others.

Thank you to all
Feb 04, 2011, 10:11 AM

Air Trails Magazine

There is a nice index of all the Air Trails magazines on the web:
http://www.antiquemodeler.org/sam_ne...airtrails.html It can also be searched, good job by the author.
I'm sure that this is old news to some of you, but it may benefit others.
Feb 04, 2011, 12:07 PM
B for Bruce
My turn to add a request. Does anyone have a decent magazine plan for the Rupert Moore Viper II? I've got a small retrospect plan for which is pretty much just a teaser.
Feb 04, 2011, 12:55 PM
Matt Haugh
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMatthews
My turn to add a request. Does anyone have a decent magazine plan for the Rupert Moore Viper II? I've got a small retrospect plan for which is pretty much just a teaser.
I have a hard copy of the full size plan. What I'm short on these days is time, but I will try to scan and post it when I have a free spell.
Feb 04, 2011, 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by planeman
Here is another plan I have been wanting to get off my to-do list, the Republic P-47N Thunderbolt, a 33 in span scale gas controline by Berkeley.

And I took a good look at the Cloudcraft "Mercury" plan. Sadly, the scan is too poor and of low resolution to do anything but completely re-draw the plan which is a LOT of work. That is more than I care to do now. Maybe one day.

And Piperjoe, I am glad you liked what I sent.

Planeman
Planeman,

Thanks for all of the cool plans....I've really enjoyed them. Do you happen to know where I can get a set of rib formers for the wings of the Berkeley P-47N C/L airplane. Thanks.

65stang
Feb 04, 2011, 04:51 PM
> I took a good look at the Cloudcraft "Mercury" plan. Sadly, the scan is too poor and of low resolution to do anything but completely re-draw the plan which is a LOT of work.

I could have a copy printed off my plan, if required
Feb 04, 2011, 05:25 PM
WMD
WMD
Womble of Model Depiction
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65stang
Planeman,

Thanks for all of the cool plans....I've really enjoyed them. Do you happen to know where I can get a set of rib formers for the wings of the Berkeley P-47N C/L airplane. Thanks.

65stang
Does it have to be that particular plan? There's a 31in span P47 here - https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1159717 - with all the printwood formers and ribs.

Quick Reply