Vintage & Old-Timer Plans PRE 1960 PLANS ONLY - Page 153 - RC Groups
This thread is privately moderated by orange&white, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 26, 2011, 08:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vloustalot
I guess I qualify between vintage and antique. Keven, I have about 24 more Veron plans if anyone is interested.
Vince
Antique is a whole lot better than the alternative.
Vince, the Veron plans are much appreciated. I notice you are from the great state of Mississippi. I lived in Ocean Springs on the coast from 2005 thru 2008 and loved it, except for one thing, Katrina. I got too old to worry about hurricanes.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 26, 2011, 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by keven64
I have a scan of the Chilton plans, Bridon...

...but no printwood, unfortunately.

Keven.
That is good news...If Vince has not got this one to post (I expect he is busy looking as we speak!) with printwood then at least it will complete the set....thanks Kevin

Regards

Bridon
Jan 26, 2011, 09:46 AM

Zlin Plans

RC Capo

Quote:
"anyone have a Zlin Acrobat or the early Trener"
I have two or three 3 views with no cross sections if you are interested.

my_plan_collection {at} yahoo {dot} com

MM
Jan 26, 2011, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFM70
Antique is a whole lot better than the alternative.
Vince, the Veron plans are much appreciated. I notice you are from the great state of Mississippi. I lived in Ocean Springs on the coast from 2005 thru 2008 and loved it, except for one thing, Katrina. I got too old to worry about hurricanes.
Sorry, people. The Chilton is one I don't have. I have the Chilton by Clive Gamble.

TFM70, I live just north of Picayune (the largest city near me). We caught hell during Katrina as we are just 35-40 miles from the coast. I had about 3 acres of wooded land. Now I have 3 acres of land with a bunch of stumps I am still pulling out. I lived through a bunch of hurricanes and I guess a few more will come my way, but I have too many chickens, geese, ducks, dogs, cats and parrots to move.
Vince
Jan 26, 2011, 09:59 AM
Addicted to building...
Pd1,

I love the Frog series of plans. The Company ceased business late 1940's early 1950's. Mike Stuart has a web site devoted to the Frog Plans, and there a few you posted that are not on that site. But with full credit to Mike, here a some more that I think everyone would like added to the collection.

I am about to cover the Moth Minor, and convert it to micro RC using spectrum gear. A 3 view of the Moth Minor, and what she looks like in the bones.
Jan 26, 2011, 10:14 AM
I have built the Birddog, the Minor and the Auster. If built according to the plan, they tend to be a bit heavy in the tail end. I usually do a built up rudder and reduce the wood sizes in the stab. I have built at least 3 birddogs and all of them have been great flyers. I hope to finally get back to building so I can cover the minor and assemble the Auster.
Vince
Jan 26, 2011, 10:18 AM
Almost forgot. I did build the kitten. It was cute but I couldn't get it to fly too well. I gave it to one of my grandsons and he has a ball making motor noises and running around the house with it.
Vince
Jan 26, 2011, 10:43 AM
Old Timer
Quote:
Originally Posted by rc capo
The designers name is spelled Burnelli.

Vincent Justus Burnelli.

Just sayin'.

I'm such a feeb though...Burnelli is one of my favorite designers and I didn't post it.

Senile Moment.

Thanks for posting it.

rc
Here is one I built from those plans, (Photo shopped background)
Jan 26, 2011, 11:51 AM
AMA 8711, FCC K4WZA

Musciano's Macchi MC.200 & 202

Z1007 -

Here's Musciano's CL Macchi you asked for, from Sept 1954 Air Trails Hobbies for Young Men. Sorry the plan is ragged, but the magazine plan has a very intrusive dark blue background that was a pain to remove. I don't have the fullsize plan.

I think the "P-47N Thunderbolt control line with retractable undercarriage" you want is the one in Sept 1946 Air Trails, by David Long. Sorry, I don't have that issue. A web ad for a CD of the plan says it's for a .23 and 31? span (the ? maybe typo or not sure of span).
http://www.origami-kids.com/shopping...ans-on-cd.html

Yes, I got your PM. You're welcome.

-Dave Plumpe
Jan 26, 2011, 02:40 PM
Edubarca
Quote:
Originally Posted by vloustalot
I think I found all of the Veron plans in my stash.
Vince
Your stash is a miracle one!!! Thanks for all those Veron Plans. What else did you find in the stash? Perhaps Keil Kraft with parts or other rubber scale?? Again thanks for sharing all those gems with us vintage modellers. Greetings from Colombia
Jan 26, 2011, 03:15 PM

Some more dusty plans

I found several Peerless plans
  • Aeronca C3 (1 page pdf)
  • Stinson Taper Wing (6 pages pdf)
  • Taylor Cub (4 pages pdf)
  • Howard's Ike Racer (4 pages pdf)
  • Supermarine S-6B Racer (1 page pdf)
I have the following in either tif or jpg for those who have the time and know how to convert to pdf:
  • Laird Super Solution (jpg)
  • GeeBee Sportster (jpg)
  • Lockheed Vega (tif)
  • Howard's Ike (tif)
  • Stinson Taper Wing (tif)
  • Taylor Cub (tif)
Jan 26, 2011, 03:24 PM
Here are the Peerless jpg and tif plans (oops, I didn't realize we couldn't upload tif files)
Jan 26, 2011, 04:30 PM
Closed Account
Thank you so much for sharing the great plans in your collection, Vince! Wonderful projects for those of us that missed some of your offerings. I especially appreciate your tiled PDF plans!!

Soft landings,

Joe
Jan 26, 2011, 04:40 PM
Addicted to building...
Here are 3 Frog Series gliders. I'm not real into gliders but these look like nice built up types. I hear they fly good. Again credit to Mike Stuart for his work finding and archiving these.

Fred