Vintage & Old-Timer Plans PRE 1960 PLANS ONLY - Page 134 - RC Groups
This thread is privately moderated by orange&white, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 09, 2011, 11:17 AM
Balsa for me, thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFM70
24 inch ws. Fake engine
That's cool! I've got a 10 gram out-runner sitting around with nothing to do... That would be a cool project for it!
~Jake
to remove ads between posts
Jan 09, 2011, 12:48 PM
Good Day Folks: Was scanning through the index (directory) and am amazed at the number of old plans you have posted. I would love to see more old Megow, Hi Flier, Comet, Guillow, etc. I have always been in awe of the deadly duo of Struck & Struhl.
Flying scale masters. My first build was a Comet 16" Curtiss Robin. Didn't know about pinning down parts, held them together until they dried. Don't think it ever flew but it got me into kit building big time. Fast forward to about 1962. Hand enlarged a Farman Moustique from M.A.N (I think) to about 42" and put a Cox .049 Babe Bee on the front.
Flew good but didn't climb more than about 100' due to heavy 3" rubber tired, alum hub wheels (all I had at the time). Put a pair of Williams Bros plastic wheels on it and promptly lost it OOS. As I said previously, don't build much anymore, fingers don't work too well now. But I still enjoy dreamin' of the possibilities. Keep up the great work and a Happy New Year. Bernie
Jan 09, 2011, 02:19 PM
hi, all.
I've started converting some of these plans to laser cut kits.
Check here if you are interested.
http://store.laser-design-services.c...index&cPath=19

Anybody got a favorite they would like to see a laser kit for?
Bob
Jan 09, 2011, 03:32 PM
Plan from the Bugaboo
Jan 09, 2011, 10:26 PM
Model Designer
A cleaned up and neatened Keil Kraft Ladybird plan...

The .pdf is actual size - 42" wingspan - with plug-in knock-off panels.

No 'printwood' - sorry.
I can 'loft' individual wing ribs - I'm sure others can do the same.

I did not make the scan monochrome - it makes it look...

...well - the image looses vitality - put it that way.

Keven.
Jan 10, 2011, 02:08 AM
Here is that same file in monochrome. Guess I don't know no better.
Gene
Jan 10, 2011, 05:03 AM
Model Designer
Yeah - it is lifeless !

I thought we were posting only one copy of designs...?

Keven.
Jan 10, 2011, 06:35 AM
pd1
pd1
Quote:
Originally Posted by keven64
Yeah - it is lifeless !

I thought we were posting only one copy of designs...?

Keven.
A lot of the guys with only dial up have been having problems with the larger files.
Gene has been kind enough to re process them into smaller files.

I didn't see any difference between the gray scale and the monochrome.

Paul
Jan 10, 2011, 06:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pd1
A lot of the guys with only dial up have been having problems with the larger files.
Gene has been kind enough to re process them into smaller files.

I didn't see any difference between the gray scale and the monochrome.

Paul
I did.

Except grey scale IS monochrome. I guess what you meant was one bit black and white.

The trouble with that at low res is that if a pixel is half on and half off a line, you have a choice: black or white.With grey scale you can make it it grey. This from a distance makes the thing look less 'jaggy'

To anyone scanning in old plans. ALWAYS SCAN IN FULL COLOR

That way you can make the choices later whether a bit of purple should be black or white, and you can do lots of optimisations to get a clean result.
Jan 10, 2011, 08:51 AM
Closed Account
To take nothing away from your posting Keven, I sure appreciate the work Gene does in reducing the PDF size on large files for us. More folks can then enjoy the plans and, after all, that is what this thread is all about. It's a credit to the many modelers that have worked together in offering such a great source of plans for building. Thanks to all for sharing their plans, and memories, with us!

Soft landings,

Joe
Jan 10, 2011, 09:09 AM
Bob Imp
Quote:
Originally Posted by tri-pacer
Scorpion
[SIZE="3"]TThis scan is of the original design with the Ritz wing. When it was kitted by Kiel Kraft the wing had spars and a sheeted l/e. Most Scorpions you see have this later wing it`s a real classic vintage era model and flys beautifully![/Sorry about the font size; finger slipped!!!!SIZE]
Last edited by imp.bob; Jan 10, 2011 at 09:11 AM. Reason: Font size!
Jan 10, 2011, 09:38 AM
All 'Scorpions' had the 'regular' wing. The Ritz wing was a feature of the 'Answer', which KK modified for their own purposes
Jan 10, 2011, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMP_blackfoot
Bridon, I believe this model is actually a Jigé 203, by Jean Guillemard (with two "l"; "Jigé" stands for his initials). Jigé 203 is around 40 inch span and intended for a 0.9 or 1 cc diesel engine (I seem to remember that the original was powered with a 2cc Polymécanique 1942 engine)
Jean Guillemard was a prolific French designer from the 30's up until the 80's.
One of his most famous designs is the DAD, a 1945 triple record holder (DAD stands for Distance, Altitude, Duration).
I'll try to find drawings of the 203 and post them.
Did you have any joy on finding the 203 plan JMP?

Bridon (UK)
Jan 10, 2011, 09:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Winstanley
Was ite Pageboy or Paageboy? anyway here is the Pageboy. I think I got it from this thread anyway!

Mark.
Hey, I've got one of those about 1/2 finished right now. Got a little Cox TD .010 with an exhaust throttle to put on it.
Jan 11, 2011, 11:43 AM
WMD
WMD
Womble of Model Depiction
Thanks to everyone who's posted plans on here. Fantastic thread and great work fellas.

Anyone have a plan for the Westland Widgeon? I've looked through the index and can't see it in there.