This thread is privately moderated by orange&white, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 02, 2011, 05:33 PM

Arrow 1940

The Arrow is a class A or B pylon model designed by Bill Gibson.
See Dec., 1940 Air Trails Construction.
It is said to be out of the Goldberg Zipper Design school, but is not really a "new" design, but a modified Zipper.
Gibson won the 1940 Nats, class A with a 47 minute flight.

Reference page 38 Model Builder, Sept., 1982.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 02, 2011, 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPlumpe
Bob-
I suggest not posting Cleveland plans here. They're readily available (if pricey) from http://www.clevelandairline.com/default.asp and I believe the owner (a lawyer, I think) aggressively maintains copyright priveleges. I wouldn't think he'd mind posting the ad, though.
-Dave
Dave,

Thanks for the heads up on the Cleveland plans site. It's a shame their site is not better developed with thumbnail views of the plans. I agree about them being pricey, and I'm hesitant to part with their price without at least first viewing low resoultion representations to check the completeness and buildability relative to my own skills (and ambition).

I'd appreciate feedback from those who have purchased and built from Cleveland plans. Are they complete in terms of showing all the parts, or are you left to interpolate patterns that were on printwood but not shown on the plans? How are the fits? Would you recommend them for fussy scratch builders?

Bob Keller
www.scaleviews.com
Jan 02, 2011, 06:42 PM
B-17 freak
I have quite a few Cleveland plans. Whilst I can't vouch for their scale accuracy, I can however say that they are complete, clear & well thought out. Anyone with stick & tissue experience can build one. If you can build a Guillows kit you can build one of these (just a bit more work).
Jan 02, 2011, 08:52 PM
Edubarca
Hello, Cleveland plans are quite old, some dating back to 1924. This company drew up beautiful plans but sometimes they had stupid errors making things difficult for the builder. For example, in their Beech Bonanza and other similar types, there is no clear definition as to where to attach the wings to the fuselage. Some plans are very accurate, some are not.
Although they still sell the plans, I think it is not against the law to share between friends. This can be privately done and no harm is done. It is like lending a book or a printed plan or even a pen or a camera to a friend who wants it. Not posting them here, well that's another story and I agree, after all, this is a public world wide forum. But in private, everything can be shared. Good luck!!
Jan 02, 2011, 09:56 PM
Scaleviews, thanks for the Infant Vagabond - you just made my day!
Jan 02, 2011, 10:32 PM
You're welcome Aeronca46.
Jan 02, 2011, 10:33 PM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaleviews.com
Here's the magazine article and pdf plans I worked up for the Infant Vagabond, a Dick Struhl designed 18.5" span K&B Infant powered sport control line model circa 1949.

Bob Keller
www.scaleviews.com
That Tandem Twister on the cover looks interesting

Pat MacKenzie
Jan 02, 2011, 11:04 PM

Jimmie Allen Plans?

Anyone have pdf plans for any of the Jimmie Allen models floating about?
Jan 02, 2011, 11:16 PM
AMA 667982 KG7NKY
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaleviews.com
Here's a Cleveland Model & Supply Company advertisement from the back cover of April 1949 Flying Models. Check out the prices and weep...

Anyone have plans for the 30" Globe Swift "Dollar Scale Flyer"?

How about the Eaglet, Condor or Albatross soaring gliders? The 10 foot Albatross must be a magnificent model...

Bob Keller
www.scaleviews.com
I weep every time I see those prices, for the cost of a sheet of balsa today you could buy a kit back then.
Jan 03, 2011, 12:35 AM
AMA 667982 KG7NKY
Well my wife let me do it. We have been talking about upgrading CorelDraw for the last several months for the shop. Corel X5 arrived on Friday and I finally got around to installing it and all I can say is, WOW!

We use Corel a lot for designing signs and banners. But, on one of the major sides is that it allows you to import PDF, DXF and a whole bunch of other neat formats. The biggest plus side is that it has a tile print feature that allows you to print full size plans and I've been having a blast. Time to buy more toner, Honey!

So, if any of you have an old copy of Corel on your HD, you can fire it up and print them plans full size or any scale you like. I'll post an image of my first candidate for the new year tomorrow when I quit playing with this program.
Jan 03, 2011, 07:26 AM

Bloch 152

Here is the Bloch 152, French fighter of WW2. Very robust, mighty weapons but lack of engine power.
Angel
Jan 03, 2011, 07:42 AM
AMA 8711, FCC K4WZA

Jimmie Allen models

Deleted Jimmy Allen plan scans from post due to complaint from purported owner.
Last edited by DPlumpe; Jan 10, 2018 at 03:17 PM.
Jan 03, 2011, 08:41 AM
Model Designer

A mini Taibi ?

Back in 1974, there was an .020 sized version of the Powerhouse plan published in Model Builder Magazine.

Has anyone please got a copy they could 'loan me' ?

I have an as-new R/C PeeWee sat doing nothing...

edit: Will a PeeWee be adequate ? I've an idea that the plan was for a TeeDee .020

Keven.
Last edited by keven64; Jan 03, 2011 at 09:04 AM. Reason: added question
Jan 03, 2011, 10:36 AM
Better pdf of Powerhouse on next page, removed bmp.

bill
Last edited by scrubs; Jan 03, 2011 at 09:32 PM.

Quick Reply