This thread is privately moderated by orange&white, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Dec 28, 2010, 01:49 AM
Paul sent me his scans of the Astro Hog at 300 dpi and in gray scale. Needles to say, the files were huge! I have converted them to monochrome (PhotoShop bitmap) and then used G4 compression plus, added the missing information. I have also added the additional "Flying Instructions" to the wing drawing.

I am also including the instructions as a separate PDF file. It's an interesting read! The missing information came from my Berkeley Astro Hog kit which I never got around to building. Me Bad!

Thank you Paul!
Gene
to remove ads between posts
Dec 28, 2010, 02:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by keven64
No worries, Funk Flyer...

I also think a Funk plan would be a miracle !
Is your full size airworthy ? Have you pictures ?

Keven.
Doing an extensive annual right now but, yes, it should be airworthy again by this summer. Hangar roof insulation collapsed and damaged a lift strut so took some time to do a bit of extra work that I had been postponing and that has had it down for a few months. New strut is finished and installed but cold weather slowed me down.

Here is a photo that I have handy from a couple of years ago. Haven't taken many lately.
Dec 28, 2010, 04:24 AM
Model Designer
NICE !

35ft span and 20ft 5in long = perfect for my size of modelling...

Keven.
Dec 28, 2010, 05:15 AM
Model Designer

off topic !

Quote:
I commented
The Grid Leaks sites are 'dead'...

(snip)

I cannot upload them here - as they are too big, so if anyone is interested - contact me...

Keven.
For those that contacted me regarding the Grid Leaks magazines:
I had a flash of inspiration...

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1361692

Easy !

..."some of those magazines have neat little 'airplane' plans - and they're a piece of history."

Is this allowed ?

If not - I'll remove it.

Keven.
Dec 28, 2010, 05:33 AM

baby bullet last part

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketRob
Warren, What Fun!
I would be partial to the Walrus. I flew my .25cc schlosser yesterday prior to a weather front coming in today and noticed a stuck contra - could not get it to back off. Tried richening the mixture to a lope and fiddeling but no joy.

Kevin, Thanks for the link, I saw a plane built from these plans (I think) with a Saito twin and great detail.

p.balsi, Wow the mother lode!
Geeze, looks like we could cobble together a full size version for very little more work. Having built two full scale planes, this could be a real nice little sunday flyer! Can't wait to see your remaining plans - Thank you!
sorry but not a model plan, this a more comprensive general plan, I remember still exist a rubber powered kit, an rc plan from flying model magazine no.CF126 on sale on ebay, auction end today, be hurry only 5$ at the moment...
good luck
pit
Last edited by p.balsi; Jan 18, 2015 at 01:26 AM.
Dec 28, 2010, 10:09 AM
Flying Models Plans
Tom,

That is lovely!

Thayer
Dec 28, 2010, 02:44 PM
Model Designer

Yes - it IS lovely...

...I don't suppose that's built from an old plan ?

Titch - 'revisited'.

Both of the previous uploads of the 29" span 'Titch' are the same file - posts #150 and #1023.
Each is a scan of a reprinted plan in a later magazine; not sure which...

Some time ago Warren scanned the original plans and sent the three .jpg's to me...

I 'built' the three sections into a single page using Windows Paint and printed it off in A4 sections, fixing with a Prittstick.
I had planned to make it for my old Dart, but family circumstances intervened.

Today I found that file... so here it is in .pdf format.
It should print out at the right size !

Perfect for a small diesel - as when published in Aeromodeller, July 1952 - but now - we could fit radio, too!

5oz with R/C ?
There's a challenge...

Keven.
Last edited by keven64; Dec 28, 2010 at 02:59 PM. Reason: added magazine title !
Dec 28, 2010, 03:02 PM

Porterfield M36

Hi All

Who Can help me to get the plan for The Porterfield M36. This was my first plane and because of my ten thumbs I destroyed it many years ago. I love the look of this plane and if I remember it flew very Well

Regards

Cj
Dec 28, 2010, 03:44 PM
High Exalted Poohbah
Quote:
Originally Posted by P_J_Glor
A few years ago I loaned a group of plans to an RC Groups member who was going to offer some laser kits. Now he seems to be long gone.

He returned most of the plan sheets, but not the printwood patterns. I am particularly interested in the Stinson Voyager, but I also have a 36" Berkely Bird Dog plan that has no printwood information.

Thanks,

Pete G.
Here's your Berkeley Cessna Bird Dog plan with everything on it Pete! Have fun!

Planeman
Dec 28, 2010, 03:48 PM
pd1
pd1
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjels
Hi All

Who Can help me to get the plan for The Porterfield M36. This was my first plane and because of my ten thumbs I destroyed it many years ago. I love the look of this plane and if I remember it flew very Well

Regards

Cj
There's an early Porterfield with a radial engine in post 54 of this thread.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...1265873&page=4

Here's all I can come up with
Last edited by pd1; Dec 28, 2010 at 04:01 PM.
Dec 28, 2010, 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by planeman
Here's your Berkeley Cessna Bird Dog plan with everything on it Pete! Have fun!

Planeman
Thanks! When I first saw that plan without zooming to look at the details, I thought it was the .020 size model. Now I see it is the larger model. Looks like the only thing to be "engineered" is the ribs, and that can be done with sliced rib construction from the point where the taper begins to the wing tip or just stacking them between a couple of templates.

Pete G.
Dec 28, 2010, 08:13 PM

Cessna L19 plan clean-up

Greetings gang!

The 63" WS Berkeley L-19 back in message #1778 has a disjoint between the top and bottom half of the plan, so I fixed that and cleaned things up a bit. We can never have too many L-19 models, you know...

- Erik
Dec 28, 2010, 08:19 PM

Printing Issues with PDFs

Greetings modelers,

I recently downloaded a number PDF rendered plans from this forum thread and today I took half a dozen of them to the blueprint shop and had triplicate prints made.

Unfortunately, only half of them printed at the correct size. These included the Korda Victory, the Korda Conquerer, and the Zaic New Yorker IV.

The three that printed at incorrect size were the Korda Wakefield Winner, the Korda Open Road Special and the Lanzo 30" Cabin. Of these, the Korda Wakefield Winner printed undersize with a wingspan of about 37" (should be 44"). The other two were oversize with the Lanzo 30" Cabin printed at a wingspan of about 39" and the Korda Open Road Special printed at a wingspan of about 56" (should be 35").

I don't have an application that can be used to modify and correct these PDFs (attached) so they print at correct size. I'm hoping someone more familiar with the mechanics of PDFs can tell me why these print incorrectly, and hopefully fix them.

Thanks in advance for your help and advice.

Bob Keller
www.scaleviews.com
Dec 28, 2010, 09:18 PM
I measured the Lanzo Cabin at 39" also. My guess is it's a bad scan. The only thing I could suggest is extracting the the file from the pdf and re-scaling it.

Quick Reply