This thread is privately moderated by orange&white, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 21, 2019, 01:53 PM
Thank you Pit for the Northern Arrow article. 
I could not get the text that is on the propeller plan-form easily.
You will find it along the right side of the plan-form.
My copy was not as clear as yours.
Gene
to remove ads between posts
Oct 25, 2019, 03:18 AM
WMD
WMD
Womble of Model Depiction
Quote:
Originally Posted by rchopper56
This is one of the files that I recently restored for OZ. Felt it needed to be redrawn.
This is a rubber powered model with a 40.24" wing span.
I am sure that Steve knows more about it.
Beautiful work on that redrawn plan there Gene. No, I don't know any more about this one, it's just (another) one in the list that DBHL sent us. I don't have any history on it at all.
Nov 08, 2019, 04:10 AM
WMD
WMD
Does anyone have a good pic of the DMECO 1960 Cosmic Wind, and especially the kit box showing the text blurb? I found this - attached jpg - on Worthpoint, but I want to be able to read and type up the blurb.
Nov 08, 2019, 06:15 AM
RFJ
RFJ
Until something better comes along

Ray
Nov 08, 2019, 08:16 AM
Edubarca
And I take this opportunity to ask if anybody out there has a copy of DMECO Piper Super Cub scale-like model. I have tried unsuccessfully to get this plan for the last 15 years with no luck.
Nov 08, 2019, 08:45 AM
WMD
WMD
Thanks Ray, that's great for now.
Nov 08, 2019, 11:52 PM
a little better ad.
Pit
Nov 10, 2019, 05:58 AM
WMD
WMD
Thanks Pit.

It is indeed strange that the plan for the Super Cub has not, as yet, turned up online. You'd think there would have been many, many kits sold. There must be someone out there still has the original paper plan?
Nov 10, 2019, 07:04 AM

yankee

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD
Thanks Pit.

It is indeed strange that the plan for the Super Cub has not, as yet, turned up online. You'd think there would have been many, many kits sold. There must be someone out there still has the original paper plan?
in the Live Wire kit line there was the Yankee too that seems to be very rare to find.
pit
let's hope
Nov 10, 2019, 08:14 AM
Edubarca
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD
Thanks Pit.

Yes, but this is not the only case. I have been searching forseveral years plans for Berkeley's Curtiss Helldiver biplane and Supermarine Spitfire, both kits for control line. And as you say, although DMECO was a small company quite smaller than Berkeley, several thousands of the Super Cub kits must have been sold. Another elusive plan has been Sterling's radio control Monocoupe. And as stated above Sterling was also a very big kit company that sold thousands of kits. I remember when I visited this company in Philadelphia, USA, Mr. Ed Manulkin, the founder and owner, told me that each production run was 5000 kits!!! So there MUST be plan of these classic kits somewhere in this planet.
Nov 10, 2019, 05:26 PM
The plan of the dMeco Cosmic Wind was just posted today on outerzone.co.uk accompanied by a couple of illustrations.
Nov 10, 2019, 07:38 PM
Have people wanting plans for so many of these models looked into the AMA plans service? They have taken over many former plans sources and consolidated them in one ligrary. A bit pricey todays, especially for some of the older plans that used to cost less than a dollar, but still, not really that far out of line with the comparative cost of almost anything else
Nov 10, 2019, 09:01 PM
Edubarca
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50+AirYears
Have people wanting plans for so many of these models looked into the AMA plans service? They have taken over many former plans sources and consolidated them in one ligrary. A bit pricey todays, especially for some of the older plans that used to cost less than a dollar, but still, not really that far out of line with the comparative cost of almost anything else
The problem is that purchasing traditional paper plans, means a fortune in postage. Perhaps not in the USA but when one lives outside the US, postage is so expensive that it makes almost impossible to order any particular plan. That is why webpages like Outerzone are so popular. Free downloads and cheap printing around the corner. Also the possibility of resizing and modifying.
Nov 11, 2019, 12:39 AM
Flying Models Plans
Postage isn't that bad. I regularly ship printed plans out of the US with postal charges under $10.
Nov 11, 2019, 02:57 PM
Edubarca
It depends on the size of the plan. If it is for a peanut scale model, yes, it is cheap. But a 1/4 scale Piper J3 costs a lot more.

Quick Reply