This thread is privately moderated by orange&white, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 17, 2019, 01:22 AM
I would be keen to seen more of those weird and wonderfull plans from OFW Fisher/Performance kits. He certainly had an imaginative streak to his design ideas.
to remove ads between posts
May 17, 2019, 03:02 AM
Sticks, Tissue & old Diesels
Quote:
Originally Posted by lincoln
As long as people are asking about old models, does anyone have more info on the 49'er wakefield? I saw the plan on Volar Libremente. Would like to know when it was flown. Presumably 1949, though maybe it's a bit on the advanced side for the date. With evidence, maybe it could be flown in half wakefield, two bit plus one, etc.
You should maybe contact people in SAM Australia. The plane designer, Col. Williamson, was very well known, but he may no longer be with us.
I'm sure some of the guys in Oz (Gossie?) will be familiar with his planes.
May 17, 2019, 03:33 AM
WMD
WMD
Womble of Model Depiction
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancer
Maybe you should enter one or two in the CAP2019 then Steve - might provide an extra incentive to get something finished? Until it is finished and flown a flying model aircraft just represents a waste of valuable time - afterwards it becomes something representing time well spent (unless it turns out to be a dog of course - and we have all built one - or more - of those in our time haven't we?!)
Thanks George, you are right, of course. I will have a sort out, and get it narrowed down to one that I can start finishing... if "starting finishing" makes any sense.
May 17, 2019, 05:47 AM
The pushover was recently republished as a free plan in Nanuary 2019 RCM&E.
May 17, 2019, 07:58 AM

Pushover

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD
Does anyone have a scan handy of the original Dave Greenfield 'Pushover' plan? Single channel RC powered glider, at 37 inch wingspan. It was included in S&T issue 124 - there is a low res plan in there, I was just hoping to see a clearer copy. I appreciate this plan was later than 1960, so if you dont want to post it up here on this thread, you could always just email it to me at Outerzone. Many thanks,

Steve
The Pushover was designed by Dave Greenfield and published in Radio Modeller May 1971. The design was revisited by Shaun Garrity in the January 2019 edition of RCM&E and updated with electric power and elevator.
regards Pit
May 17, 2019, 11:38 AM
WMD
WMD
Ah, right - no, I missed that, I havent bought RCME for some time now. I was looking for the 1971 plan from the first time around, just because I had seen the article when I was browsing through some old issues of "Sticks & Tissue". Thanks for the update, I will look out for that.
May 17, 2019, 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD
Ah, right - no, I missed that, I havent bought RCME for some time now. I was looking for the 1971 plan from the first time around, just because I had seen the article when I was browsing through some old issues of "Sticks & Tissue". Thanks for the update, I will look out for that.
just mailed RCME article, in this issue full size plan too, but I haven't it.
Pit
May 17, 2019, 04:07 PM
So I'M meant to be in control?
Hi Steve - I should have the 2019 plan somewhere, but can only scan up to A3 - do you have facilities to do bigger? If so, I can send it to you (I'd quite like it returned at some point). Or I can do some A3 scans for someone clever to stitch together....
May 18, 2019, 07:30 AM
Steve should have both versions on OZ by now.

Regards Ian.
May 18, 2019, 12:32 PM
WMD
WMD
Thanks Colonel, but it was really just the 1971 plan I was after, and we have that one now. Circlip and Ray have also (as it happens) unearthed and cleaned up another 1987 plan called Pushover, this one by Colin Rattray, we have that one here now too.

No, we only have a cheapo rubbish scanner here, I've always relied/planned on only accepting submissions electronically, to save us the hassle and storage issues of dealing with thousands of plans in paper format. To be honest with you, I'm not desperate to see the 2019 plan, I expect it's much the same as the 1971 version, and it's always the vintage/retro angle of these things that interests me most. But thanks for the very kind offer.

Best of luck at Ponty with the new model
May 21, 2019, 02:34 AM
So I'M meant to be in control?
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD
Best of luck at Ponty with the new model
Thanks, Steve - it actually went really well, and there's now a video up of the event. You should have come!

Actually - did you? You could have easily been there in stealth mode, what with you being an International Man of Mystery an' all.........
May 21, 2019, 05:40 AM
WMD
WMD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Blink
Thanks, Steve - it actually went really well, and there's now a video up of the event. You should have come!

Actually - did you? You could have easily been there in stealth mode, what with you being an International Man of Mystery an' all.........
Stealth mode ...I like that. Note to self, must look into getting some kind of special cape. No, I wasn't there, but maybe next year.
May 21, 2019, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD
Stealth mode ...I like that. Note to self, must look into getting some kind of special cape.
Preferably one from an Outer Zone...
May 30, 2019, 03:33 AM
WMD
WMD
I know this should be simple, but how do you spell Fred Bowers name? Is it Fred Bower or Fred Bowers? I have two different answers here.

The Fred Bower(s) in question is the Canadian Wakefield contestant of 1939, he came second place to Dick Korda I think. See "Bowers" spelling here https://outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=2565 but
then Terry King spells it "Bower" here: https://outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=9596
May 30, 2019, 10:05 AM
I'd rather be flying.....
https://books.google.com/books?id=8y...bowers&f=false

Hi Steve - the link should answer most questions.....

Best regards,

jeff

Quick Reply