This thread is privately moderated by orange&white, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Dec 02, 2016, 10:21 AM
Edubarca
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50+AirYears
I just got kind of curious. How many people out there are weird like me, willing to fly anything marginally flyable? I mean like FF, CL, RC, Paper Planes, TLG, HLG, Jetex, CO2, Rocket, Glow, Diesel, Electric, Helicopter (Flee Fright & RC)Compressed Air, Catapult, RTP, Rubber, Rubber Straight Line Speed, etc.?
What do you mean?? I frankly, don't get it!!!
to remove ads between posts
Dec 02, 2016, 10:29 AM
Foamy Builder 167

Weird?!?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50+AirYears
I just got kind of curious. How many people out there are weird like me, willing to fly anything marginally flyable? I mean like FF, CL, RC, Paper Planes, TLG, HLG, Jetex, CO2, Rocket, Glow, Diesel, Electric, Helicopter (Flee Fright & RC)Compressed Air, Catapult, RTP, Rubber, Rubber Straight Line Speed, etc.?

My wife is weird. She doesn’t understand why you, and I are willing to fly anything marginally flyable? I mean like FF, CL, RC, Paper Planes, TLG, HLG, Jetex, CO2, Rocket, Glow, Diesel, Electric, Helicopter (Flee Fright & RC)Compressed Air, Catapult, RTP, Rubber, Rubber Straight Line Speed, etc.?
Dec 02, 2016, 10:42 AM
So I'M meant to be in control?
My wife is weirder. She thinks we're all rather sad in that you and I are willing to fly anything marginally flyable. I mean like FF, CL, RC, Paper Planes, TLG, HLG, Jetex, CO2, Rocket, Glow, Diesel, Electric, Helicopter (Flee Fright & RC)Compressed Air, Catapult, RTP, Rubber, Rubber Straight Line Speed, etc......
Dec 02, 2016, 11:03 AM
WMD
WMD
Womble of Model Depiction
Flying Aces Sportster

Lincoln sent me this scan of the old, original Flying Aces Sportster design. This is actually a repost of the scan from back here https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=11743 first time around - I missed that one, somehow, my mistake.I am wondering if anyone has the article to go with this plan? Would be great to see that, and it would be fantastic if there was a photo too.

The date is uncertain... "According to Vinplandex, it was from the December 1936 Flying Aces. The SAM rubber list, I think the one for 2012-2014, had it as the March 1935 issue of the same publication. In any case, it appeared in the November 1996 Wingovers and Wallbangers, edited by John Koptonak."
Dec 02, 2016, 12:48 PM
CC (Certified Curmudgeon)
Does anyone know were I can find plans for a Goldberg Valkyrie with a wingspan of 80" to 84"? The original 108" wingspan is too big for me to transport.
Dec 02, 2016, 02:59 PM

sportster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD
Flying Aces Sportster

Lincoln sent me this scan of the old, original Flying Aces Sportster design. This is actually a repost of the scan from back here https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=11743 first time around - I missed that one, somehow, my mistake.I am wondering if anyone has the article to go with this plan? Would be great to see that, and it would be fantastic if there was a photo too.

The date is uncertain... "According to Vinplandex, it was from the December 1936 Flying Aces. The SAM rubber list, I think the one for 2012-2014, had it as the March 1935 issue of the same publication. In any case, it appeared in the November 1996 Wingovers and Wallbangers, edited by John Koptonak."
It's originally from Flying Aces March 1935
Pit
Dec 02, 2016, 07:24 PM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Quote:
Originally Posted by donnyman
To the MODERATOR

WELL DONE!
It takes someone reporting a post to get the moderators to respond, they don't go looking for things. I reported him twice already in this thread, but not the most recent time.
( I would have, but someone else beat me to it.)

Same goes for any violation, hit the report button if you want something done about it. That is what the mods want us to do.
Dec 03, 2016, 06:58 PM
Just a North Vegas flyer

Buzzard Bombshell, mini...

A couple of years ago, I was flying a lot of indoor models and somehow landed on buildin a copy of the Bombshell in a 16 inch wingspan. The model weighed about 6 grams with rubber and prop, flew like an angel!

One day sitting on my flying table, it was the hit-victim of an electric stunt plane, and has been sitting, waiting, for a new wing ever since. Sadly the indoor flying site has become unavailable, with no view of opening again. So she will probably wait until that happens.
Last edited by rick121x; Dec 03, 2016 at 07:06 PM.
Dec 03, 2016, 09:37 PM

Progress on my Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry D
The original Request article (with plan) was in the September 1941 Air Trails, not December. See attached.

At the end of the article Ehling says to locate the CG 30% back from the wing LE. You're lucky - CG was hardly ever even mentioned in plans and articles back then.

Also attached is an article from the September 1986 Model Builder, which discusses several apparent errors in the original plan and offers a "fixed" version. Possibly you're aware of all that.

It's a fine looking model. Let us know how it turns out.
Some of you might consider gutting an engine to run an electric motor shaft thru it as a sacrilege, but I have gone total electric and wanted to keep the original look with an engine sticking out of the coweling . It is a rather simple conversion and the engine can be returned back to running condition in a few minutes . I'm currently framing up the wings and should have them covered by the end of the weekend . Still waiting for the windshield material to arrive to have it ready for flight . And the decal supplier is waiting for me to send him my design . Finally, after 60 years of building, I'm getting around to the oldtime freeflight planes . Thank you so much to all who have helped me with this project . What a great forum . Thermals !
I've also included a picture of my scratchbuilt Scientific Sky-Master enlarged 100% alongside the original .
Dec 04, 2016, 02:13 AM

Gypsy plans

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchopper56
Steve,

The attached pdf file on Ted Strader does not mention the Nome. Maybe he never published this design.

Gene
The name Ted Strader drove me nuts until I remembered that I had a set of plans of a small powered glider that he had designed . After a few hours of digging thru my boxes of plans I found these . They are on my " round 2 it " list .
Dec 05, 2016, 08:48 AM
Crafty madness
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick121x
A couple of years ago, I was flying a lot of indoor models and somehow landed on buildin a copy of the Bombshell in a 16 inch wingspan. The model weighed about 6 grams with rubber and prop, flew like an angel!
Rick, the Bombshell is cute as hell! Back in the late 1970s, Bob Stalick featured a rubber powered mini Miss America in his Model Builder magazine column. Ever since, I've been interested in these small renditions of the classic free flight designs. Your profile model takes the concept to a new level. Nicely done.
Dec 05, 2016, 11:50 AM
CC (Certified Curmudgeon)
The local National Guard Armory was used for indoor flying for a time but it got too popular and they were forced stopped hosting it due to liability concerns. The unfortunate part of indoor flying is the space requirements. Quite often finding a spot is easy compared to keeping.
Dec 14, 2016, 11:18 AM
High Exalted Poohbah

Message for Eduardo (Edubarca) from Planeman

Eduardo, please send me an email to [email protected] so we can talk. My old computer went out and I lost a lot of data and can't get into my old email account at Yahoo. I now have a new computer and the above email account at Google. I have lost your e-mail address in the mess. (sorry guys for the message, but there is no other way I could think of) Planeman
Dec 14, 2016, 12:30 PM
RFJ
RFJ
Posted in error
Dec 14, 2016, 01:12 PM
I like real wooden aeroplanes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by planeman
Eduardo, please send me an email to [email protected] so we can talk. My old computer went out and I lost a lot of data and can't get into my old email account at Yahoo. I now have a new computer and the above email account at Google. I have lost your e-mail address in the mess. (sorry guys for the message, but there is no other way I could think of) Planeman
Send him a PM???

Quick Reply