This thread is privately moderated by orange&white, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Nov 20, 2016, 04:23 AM
WMD
WMD
Womble of Model Depiction
Don't have a better scan, no, but we do have a cleaned up /redrawn version from that scan, by TonyP, here: http://www.outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=7426
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 20, 2016, 06:50 AM
ManyKuntz
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Trolling (Obnoxious behavior).
Old Nov 20, 2016, 07:55 AM
ManyKuntz
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Trolling (Obnoxious behavior).
Old Nov 20, 2016, 08:11 AM
ManyKuntz
Nov 20, 2016, 08:29 AM
Excellent, thanks Steve! Should have checked your site first before I started working on it!
Last edited by tri-pacer; Nov 20, 2016 at 11:03 AM.
Nov 21, 2016, 09:06 AM
WMD
WMD
Another day, another slightly random plan question: Who designed this one? Scan is thanks to MJB and JJ.

"Thirteen" CL stunt design, from MAN Dec 1957.
Nov 21, 2016, 10:15 AM
RFJ
RFJ
Jack Ritner ?

Ray
Nov 21, 2016, 10:41 AM
WMD
WMD
Ah, Jack Ritner - outstanding, that helps a lot. Thanks Ray.
Nov 21, 2016, 11:20 AM
Move the wing forward a few inches, add ailerons and that might make a nice R/C conversion. The TALL rudder would certainly help. Not sure what purpose it served for C/L.
Nov 21, 2016, 11:43 AM
WMD
WMD
I've never tried it, but I am tempted to try a RC conversion of something like that. Was looking at Dave Platt designs (for the TBD buildoff) and his Keil Kraft Spectre CL model would look great as a sport RC plane, I think. Wouldn't even have to mess with the moments so much, I reckon. Maybe shuffle the wing forward an inch or so.

I like the idea of it looking wrong in the air .... I mean looking like it has gone walkabout. Like it has somehow escaped it's wires.
Nov 21, 2016, 11:47 AM
CC (Certified Curmudgeon)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD
I've never tried it, but I am tempted to try a RC conversion of something like that. Was looking at Dave Platt designs (for the TBD buildoff) and his Keil Kraft Spectre CL model would look great as a sport RC plane, I think. Wouldn't even have to mess with the moments so much, I reckon. Maybe shuffle the wing forward an inch or so.

I like the idea of it looking wrong in the air .... I mean looking like it has gone walkabout. Like it has somehow escaped it's wires.
I have seen a couple C/L designs modified for R/C and one common alteration is to widen the fuselage for more room for servos, etc.
Last edited by flyerinokc; Nov 21, 2016 at 11:51 AM. Reason: spelling
Nov 21, 2016, 11:56 AM
RFJ
RFJ
Steve,

This might be of some help.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...frog+gladiator

Ray
Nov 21, 2016, 12:18 PM
CC (Certified Curmudgeon)
It did make a great R/C airplane!
Nov 21, 2016, 12:19 PM

RC Conversion

I have done a conversion of the Fancy Pant (called it Arcy Pants) and it it a fantastic flier. The only major change was to use a full depth spar. 9G servos were used, 1 in front of wing for throttle, 2 in wings for ailerons and 2 right at the rear of the fuse to counterbalance the weight of the engine. I used a 25 in the first one and it was demonic, the second has a 20 and is a very pleasant flier.
Now considering to build a 1.5 times one with a 60 on board.
If you do something like this the colour scheme has to be thought about very carefully.
Nov 21, 2016, 12:31 PM
You're an insperation Ray, beautiful conversion! Do you still fly it?
I've seen Bob Palmer's Thunderbird done. I spoke to the guy that did the conversion. He told me that his only regret on the conversion, was not lengthening the fuse out a few inches. He did say that in spite of the short fuse, the model flew pretty well. Palmer's Skyscraper is one I've always considered, but too many other projects in front of it.
Alas, so many nice controline models begging to be "Set fee" of their lines!

BTW, Nice job on the Fancy Pants Hogal!

Quick Reply