This thread is privately moderated by orange&white, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Nov 17, 2016, 02:26 PM

1937 Model Aeronautics Yearbook , page 99

On page 99 of Frank Zaic's 1937 yearbook there is a small drawing with some dimensions for a 14 foot wingspan freeflight plane called " The Giant " . It was designed by Vernon Boehle from Indianapolis, Indiana . Does anyone know if plans are available . I checked Outerzone, no luck .
Thank you.
Mike
to remove ads between posts
Nov 17, 2016, 03:10 PM
CC (Certified Curmudgeon)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike912e
On page 99 of Frank Zaic's 1937 yearbook there is a small drawing with some dimensions for a 14 foot wingspan freeflight plane called " The Giant " . It was designed by Vernon Boehle from Indianapolis, Indiana . Does anyone know if plans are available . I checked Outerzone, no luck .
Thank you.
Mike
This is all I could find on it.

Mike
Nov 17, 2016, 03:18 PM
Crafty madness

Ambroid Whipsaw

A 1950s control line design for .09-.19 power. Span is 31 inches. This file is compressed for download on RCG; I can email a higher resolution file to anyone interested....shoot me a PM. I've also submitted it to Steve on OZ, so it may show up there .
Last edited by brokenspar; Nov 17, 2016 at 06:04 PM.
Nov 17, 2016, 10:09 PM
Culper Junior
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike912e
Thank you.
Mike
Here's a link to some info. Note IIRC his name is pronounced Bailey.
http://www.thebuildingboard.com/2008...iants.html?m=1

And a bio on him also.
https://www.modelaircraft.org/files/BoehleVernon.pdf
Nov 18, 2016, 05:03 AM
WMD
WMD
Womble of Model Depiction
Quote:
Originally Posted by tri-pacer
Rambler plan......Finally!!
Beautiful job, Chuck.
Nov 18, 2016, 05:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tri-pacer
Rambler plan......Finally!!
Fabulous job tri-pacer! Another one on my YOBBO short list
Nov 18, 2016, 07:52 AM

3/4 Size Giant

Glen Poole built a 3/4 size Giant 10 years ago. Electric powered. I flew it and it flew well. Crashed possibly radio interference on 72. Jack
Nov 18, 2016, 07:56 AM

Full Size Giant Dave Harding

Dave Harding built a full size Giant some years back. Still flying. Electric power, diesel and sparky. Jack
Nov 18, 2016, 09:22 AM

Sheetmetl Suzzie 1956

Transporting something that big has got to be a nightmare!

I discoverd a new plan I hadn't see before and it diffently a horse of a differnt color. Have any of you seen the Sheetmetal Suzzie? AeroFred has the article with the plan in it here and I will attempt to attach it:

http://aerofred.com/details.php?image_id=90726
Nov 18, 2016, 10:14 AM
flyerinokc,

That file was originally posted here at RcGroups by me. It looks like someone lifted it from here, extracted all of the pages as rasters then reassembled them into what you just posted including the name change. If you search in this forum for a Roy Clough thread, you will find it. In fact, if you search, you will find all of my postings of Roy Clough designs.

Gene
Last edited by rchopper56; Nov 18, 2016 at 10:24 AM.
Nov 18, 2016, 10:30 AM
WMD
WMD
Womble of Model Depiction
I think planeman reposted it, back in 2010. I guess he worked from Gene's version.

It is sad how Aerofred credits no-one for our plans. I mean for the work we all do on these plans. And never adds any useful links to them.
Nov 18, 2016, 10:37 AM
Here I'll save everyone the trouble.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ght=roy+clough

Gene
Nov 18, 2016, 11:09 AM
It would be so much better if AeroFred listed the original designer with date and be even greater if they were a searchable fields.
Nov 18, 2016, 12:51 PM
So I'M meant to be in control?
It would be so much better if..... no, I shall not even offer an opinion.

All I will say is that Outerzone do both.

Quick Reply